2 Oz Per Plant?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

ive never grown out Grape Ape before. Wondering how long a veg to get 2 oz each? These are DHN premium clones in 1 gal rootmaker pots. I plan to veg for 2 to 3 weeks then transplant into 5 gal pots for another few weeks. But how long for a good 2 oz? I grow in amended soil under 1000 watts. 9 plants per raptor hood. Total of 18.

M

MamaBear

Never grown Grape Ape but I grow Granddaddy Purple every year. They are "cousins". Mine need 10-12 weeks veg and 10-12 flower time. I get 2-3 oz from each in 5-gal pots. Just about every purple indica I've grown is slow in veg. They don't make very big buds either. I'd start topping right away to make as many tips as you can.

MW7945

MW7945

So, two 1000w HPS?
Never grown Grape Ape but I grow Granddaddy Purple every year. They are "cousins". Mine need 10-12 weeks veg and 10-12 flower time. I get 2-3 oz from each in 5-gal pots. Just about every purple indica I've grown is slow in veg. They don't make very big buds either. I'd start topping right away to make as many tips as you can.

10-12 weeks of veg to get 2oz a plant? Daaayuuumn

dorjewright

dorjewright

I'm stuck at 1 to 1 1/2 lbs per light. I almost always veg 9 girls per light for 3 to 4 weeks, pinching till I've got 8 to 10 tops. Transplant into 5 gal Geo pots give them a week and flip.

I keep hearing about 2+ lbs a light. I always choose indica dominant strains. Could that explain why I am off the mark?

Rcubed

Rcubed

I'm stuck at 1 to 1 1/2 lbs per light. I almost always veg 9 girls per light for 3 to 4 weeks, pinching till I've got 8 to 10 tops. Transplant into 5 gal Geo pots give them a week and flip.

I keep hearing about 2+ lbs a light. I always choose indica dominant strains. Could that explain why I am off the mark?
I think it's probably more strain specific than indica vs. sativa. I've grown different indica dominant strains under the same exact conditions and had a huge variance in yield. My last grow which was a 3 1/2 month from seed to chop I had a Blue Mystic that yielded 1.5 oz, a Somango 2 oz., Big Bud 3.2 oz, and Bubba Kush 3.8 oz

E

ekim982017

I think it's probably more strain specific than indica vs. sativa. I've grown different indica dominant strains under the same exact conditions and had a huge variance in yield. My last grow which was a 3 1/2 month from seed to chop I had a Blue Mystic that yielded 1.5 oz, a Somango 2 oz., Big Bud 3.2 oz, and Bubba Kush 3.8 oz
I

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What kind of light? Temps? Supplementing co2? A lot goes into it

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I've gotten an 8 zipper off one white bermese x sour diesel plant. I'd like to find that strain again. Generally I pull about a pound to a pound and a half per 1000 watt lamp. I've found over several years of growing that about a 2 month veg is about optimal, top 1 time at 12" and start bending branches, bending branches will give you the same effect as topping but without creating a ton of weak branches and weak colas. Every time you bend a branch the plant puts the next biggest branch in charge, until you bend that one and so on and so on. I run 2 X 1000 Watt lamps in a 12 x 14 room , any where from 10 to 20 plants always vegged at least 2 months and usually pull 2 1\2 to 4 lbs. No matter if I grow 10 plants or 20 plants, it always comes out about the same.

brazel

brazel

ive never grown out Grape Ape before. Wondering how long a veg to get 2 oz each? These are DHN premium clones in 1 gal rootmaker pots. I plan to veg for 2 to 3 weeks then transplant into 5 gal pots for another few weeks. But how long for a good 2 oz? I grow in amended soil under 1000 watts. 9 plants per raptor hood. Total of 18.
Yo, unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
No one can tell you how long to veg, there's too many variables.

If you're growing in amended soil and you're transplanting, then you missed the boat!
After you plant the seed, sprout or clone, there's absolutely no reason cannabis needs to be transplanted. Why induce stress?

Once you get the clone, drop it in its forever home. You're gonna want bigger containers, but while it's not ideal, five gallon will work.
What's in your soil? That's gonna be your first obstacle.
Your watering skills will be your second obstacle. Best to use a pressurized sprayer. Chapin 1949 is the best.

Maintain a proper environment.
You already have premium clones, I'm guessing that means they're pest and disease free, good genetics, nice roots and good structure.

No reason to top when you can control apical dominance. Why induce stress?

IPM & foliar spray

Follow good practises, don't go from outside straight to your room. Be cautious if you're planning on having other growers/people/pets in your room. I prefer not to have them in my room.
Grow away from buying clones. Make your own or start from seed.

You get those on lock and you're riding on cruise control.
Sit back and let the soil grow the plant for you.
1 1/2 pound per light is not far from HID lighting goal which is one gram per a watt.

Start a grow journal so you can get guidance while honing your skill.
If any of this sounds good, lemme know and I'll give you a hand.

Cheers and happy growing

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

You have something else going on there, do you have a grow journal?
Look at other GDP grow journals, no one is flowering it for 12 weeks unless they to have issues. You might find 10 weeks but 8ish is the norm. Your veg is long too. It's a indica! You should be getting descent size yields! This bud was everywhere mid 2000s. I remember it like it was yesterday.

brazel

brazel

I've gotten an 8 zipper off one white bermese x sour diesel plant. I'd like to find that strain again. Generally I pull about a pound to a pound and a half per 1000 watt lamp. I've found over several years of growing that about a 2 month veg is about optimal, top 1 time at 12" and start bending branches, bending branches will give you the same effect as topping but without creating a ton of weak branches and weak colas. Every time you bend a branch the plant puts the next biggest branch in charge, until you bend that one and so on and so on. I run 2 X 1000 Watt lamps in a 12 x 14 room , any where from 10 to 20 plants always vegged at least 2 months and usually pull 2 1\2 to 4 lbs. No matter if I grow 10 plants or 20 plants, it always comes out about the same.
Some good advice, 4lbs nice. You have the skills to pull a proper harvest, why are you getting the about same yield with half the plants? That's a big variable! Overcrowding?
Cheers

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Yo, unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
No one can tell you how long to veg, there's too many variables.

If you're growing in amended soil and you're transplanting, then you missed the boat!
After you plant the seed, sprout or clone, there's absolutely no reason cannabis needs to be transplanted. Why induce stress?

Once you get the clone, drop it in its forever home. You're gonna want bigger containers, but while it's not ideal, five gallon will work.
What's in your soil? That's gonna be your first obstacle.
Your watering skills will be your second obstacle. Best to use a pressurized sprayer. Chapin 1949 is the best.

Maintain a proper environment.
You already have premium clones, I'm guessing that means they're pest and disease free, good genetics, nice roots and good structure.

No reason to top when you can control apical dominance. Why induce stress?

IPM & foliar spray

Follow good practises, don't go from outside straight to your room. Be cautious if you're planning on having other growers/people/pets in your room. I prefer not to have them in my room.
Grow away from buying clones. Make your own or start from seed.

You get those on lock and you're riding on cruise control.
Sit back and let the soil grow the plant for you.
1 1/2 pound per light is not far from HID lighting goal which is one gram per a watt.

Start a grow journal so you can get guidance while honing your skill.
If any of this sounds good, lemme know and I'll give you a hand.

Cheers and happy growing
Dude, you don’t know enough yet to go handing out advice . You are wrong on several points, 1st being transplanting , unless you are a complete muppet , it most certainly does not stress the plant the way you imply. Secondly topping a plant is not stress either, it actually encourages growth , and will definitely increase your yield depending on the strain. No I don’t want to argue your points or hear about how awesome a grower you are or how long you have been running the game .

brazel

brazel

Dude, you don’t know enough yet to go handing out advice . You are wrong on several points, 1st being transplanting , unless you are a complete muppet , it most certainly does not stress the plant the way you imply. Secondly topping a plant is not stress either, it actually encourages growth , and will definitely increase your yield depending on the strain. No I don’t want to argue your points or hear about how awesome a grower you are or how long you have been running the game .
No worries you're right
My bad

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

30 oz from 600 watts of hps in a 4x4. 25 day veg from rooted cuttings. 2.5 gal pots of dtw coir.
DSCN0669

When you gain some experience you'll have no trouble getting 2+ oz's a plant.

Organikz

Organikz

@dorjewright
In all seriousness you should transplant into the final home asap. A plant undergoes establishment. This is an acclimation to changes in nutrient density, pH, moisture, etc.

I direct sow when possible. The faster a plant can establish the faster it will begin to flourish.

Top Bottom