2016 Trim Machine Thread

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I am in the market for a trimmer. My usual trim procedure is to wet trim with scissors and hang dry. We are starting to pull 10+ a month and looking to double in the spring, I need a damn trimmer. We have no team of people, I rely on myself for most the work and I need something to speed me up to like pulling a room down in a few days instead of a week or two. I like to run a large percentage of og and cookies, diesels, aka delicate flowers, most flower that goes well thru a trimmer is less $ but not always. I prefer on the branch to hanging racks or whole plant drying. I have dry trimmed before with scissors and it took forever, probably just me tho. If a machine can do it efficiently than thats cool with me.

I have ran the trim pro rotor quite abit and it is okay. Only works with round bubba, blue dream, maui types. OG or fragile buds it will grind away the buds to trim pile. Also it beats them up pretty good, difference between hand trim is obvious but was hoping it would at least trim all my buds. Most things don't do well in the trimpro but the varieties it does trim go real fast, 2 lbs an hour easy I would guess if you can keep it fed. Do not want a trim pro i can get one for free cause by buddy has an extra.

I pretty put off by the bowl types for wet trimming unless someone has some input.

Dry trimming in one of those barrel seems like the least labor intensive way to trim. But my dry trim game is off although i could do it.. Gaging the dryness seems to be the trick with the barrels but i have never used one. Kinda leaning to the trim pal as my dry trimming option if I go that route.

Tube style like the centuion seems real nice but i feel like the buds get beat alot in there and you get a lot of trich loss as opposed to dry trimming barrel. Never used one of these just speculation.

Last style that I really like the style was the wander trimmer. The vac attached to the trimmer type of thing. It looked good in the videos but its hard finding some real reviews of it. Would really like to hear input on this one. Its the same price as trimpro rotor and I feel I could just about do the same amount of work with it when working by myself. Having a team makes the trim pro faster but can trim my high $ varieties. I saw one thread where someone said their super sticky buds clogged the machine constantly so it was a pain in the ass. The buds being trimmed in the video were pretty lame looking. They definitely weren't trimming OGs but some kind of leafy variety that would take forever to hand trim and they mowed right along. Im guessing stuff i want to trim is going to be easy with this thing if it doesnt clog. OG when grown right isnt the hardest to trim but still takes time.

Ugh so much to think about. I read all the other threads and they are getting old so I started a new one, HOPING there was something i dont know. Someone out there is just smokin doobies while I trim my life away lol. Please share pros and cons of the units you have experience with. really want to hear about that wander trimmer....

Thanks farmers! :)

What is every
The style im

Trimmer Types:

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

coming into the same issue myself, trimmed my last room wet (5+#s) solo at night after my 9-5 job and was worthless with sleep deprivation by the end of it. Just gonna follow this thread and see what comes of it.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

coming into the same issue myself, trimmed my last room wet (5+#s) solo at night after my 9-5 job and was worthless with sleep deprivation by the end of it. Just gonna follow this thread and see what comes of it.
What type are you leaning towards?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Spoke with ez trim today about their trimmers satellite 10k, drone 6k, and wander 1.6k. I think their salad bowl type is much better than the trim pro in design and function. still think i could take the 12 lbs down with the wander in two days if someone is feeding me.. a pound an hour seems reasonable from what i have read of it.

Leaning towards wander for now, if i dont like it upgrade to drone or twister/centurion.

realeyes

realeyes

Spoke with ez trim today about their trimmers satellite 10k, drone 6k, and wander 1.6k. I think their salad bowl type is much better than the trim pro in design and function. still think i could take the 12 lbs down with the wander in two days if someone is feeding me.. a pound an hour seems reasonable from what i have read of it.

Leaning towards wander for now, if i dont like it upgrade to drone or twister/centurion.

i ran a triminator dry trimmer an loved it . but i wet trimmed ost the tops and only ran the lowers of my greenhouse . fuck it rawked whem the RH% was right on ...

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Haven't gotten to that point yet, just tossing the idea of it around. @labud uses one to trim wet I believe, his thread is worth checking out.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

i ran a triminator dry trimmer an loved it . but i wet trimmed ost the tops and only ran the lowers of my greenhouse . fuck it rawked whem the RH% was right on ...
Sounds nice, Im jelly. Still gonna trim the next pull by hand but this is the last one. If i can find the money i will get one before i have to pull this 10-12# down in a couple weeks not counting on it though..

Dunge

Dunge

Apologies for what might be seen as off topic, but :

Does un-trimmed bud have a constituency?

I hang entire plants for 7-10 days.
As time allows I pull fans and smaller non-bud leaf.
The trichome covered small leaf is left to hug the bud as it cures.
I'm a med grower, so normal bag appeal is not the same.
I'd like to see this as the norm for the nascent Alaska legal market.
Hand trimming is not the sort of jobs I'd like to see this new industry produce.

On the other hand, I purchased legal bud in Washington that looked like little Styrofoam asteroids.
Like they had been sand blasted, high grading all the outer parts and selling bud as if it were an artichoke heart.
I'm thinking it's the oil market that this diversion feeds, leaving bud core for sale.
Don't want to see this in Alaska at all.

Am I off base here?
Are beautiful unmolested buds too much to ask for?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Apologies for what might be seen as off topic, but :

Does un-trimmed bud have a constituency?

I hang entire plants for 7-10 days.
As time allows I pull fans and smaller non-bud leaf.
The trichome covered small leaf is left to hug the bud as it cures.
I'm a med grower, so normal bag appeal is not the same.
I'd like to see this as the norm for the nascent Alaska legal market.
Hand trimming is not the sort of jobs I'd like to see this new industry produce.

On the other hand, I purchased legal bud in Washington that looked like little Styrofoam asteroids.
Like they had been sand blasted, high grading all the outer parts and selling bud as if it were an artichoke heart.
I'm thinking it's the oil market that this diversion feeds, leaving bud core for sale.
Don't want to see this in Alaska at all.

Am I off base here?
Are beautiful unmolested buds too much to ask for?
I believe thats the machine trimmers giving the buds that look...

OGPunkrocker

OGPunkrocker

Because of a disability I have in my hands I got the wanderer for 1500 bucks or so, it is very good for wet trimming and doesn't knock off a shit ton of trichomes, it made quick work, and I was happy with it. You need to clean it often, but it cleans easily, and saved me a bunch of time. That being said, the best trim there is, is by hand, you just cant match it 100%. Some of the pricier barrel trimmers (5-15 grand ones) are really good for going through side nugs if you are running a whole lot of weight, but I always trim the best kolas by hand even though It sucks for my hands. Would I buy the wanderer again? yes, absolutely.

miko

miko

Hey there,

I have the trimpal dry trimmer. Works most excellent. I hang 7-10 days, cut off the stem and load the machine up and run the batch for 20-30 minutes..

I have tried wet trimmers and hanging in nets and the final product didn't come out as good. The dry trimmer is much nicer on it...

I have the 2 lb model , which works for my needs of 5-10 a month. It was $,4000.

A bigger site would want the larger model...

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Because of a disability I have in my hands I got the wanderer for 1500 bucks or so, it is very good for wet trimming and doesn't knock off a shit ton of trichomes, it made quick work, and I was happy with it. You need to clean it often, but it cleans easily, and saved me a bunch of time. That being said, the best trim there is, is by hand, you just cant match it 100%. Some of the pricier barrel trimmers (5-15 grand ones) are really good for going through side nugs if you are running a whole lot of weight, but I always trim the best kolas by hand even though It sucks for my hands. Would I buy the wanderer again? yes, absolutely.
how much do you take down, how long does it take? That's the important part I feel. Cool that you would buy again. The cleaning isn't bad, but looks like it needs it often with greasy buds. I do feel all trimmers are over priced cause they got us bent over with a new market and all.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Hey there,

I have the trimpal dry trimmer. Works most excellent. I hang 7-10 days, cut off the stem and load the machine up and run the batch for 20-30 minutes..

I have tried wet trimmers and hanging in nets and the final product didn't come out as good. The dry trimmer is much nicer on it...

I have the 2 lb model , which works for my needs of 5-10 a month. It was $,4000.

A bigger site would want the larger model...
sounds similar to what I have read about it. I don't do racks myself prefer wet trim and hang dry. Leaving them on the stem helps drying. I hated doing dry trim with scissors. And back in the day with water hash you didn't want to dry trim. I'm doing 10-15 lbs per room so that's a good size for me still. I do thinks that with a machine the buds are better off dry. Too soft and messes with the shape of the buds. Idk on the fence

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sounds like you are almost trying to talk yourself out of a trimmer,lol,Like someone said no way to beat a good handtrim for appearances.My son bought us a trimpal that we use just like miko does,i still hand trim the premium colas though.What used to take days and a few people now takes hours,its more hassle to go get the trimmer from my boys spot than it is to use it,makes life easy.My boy bought the large one but i could easily get by with the small one myself.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it's the same with all dry trimmers. I got to use a TrimPal last year. Trimming at the recommended RH, in the 50s, was too low and while it was MUCH faster, the buds took a bit of a beating. Raise that RH up to at least 60%, and even though it takes a good bit longer to get it trimmed up, the results are far superior. In my opinion.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

@fishwhistle not trying to talk myself out of it. Lol. Just trying to make the right decision. My success kind of hinges on making the right choice here. I believe I'm starting to get carpal tunnel. Yay. It's hard to spend that much on a silly machine. We also figured we are losing 2k+ per week per room when we are not on 12/12 plus paying trimmers for at least a week. Then transplant time. We know it worth beating the buds a bit. Really leaning towards a dry trim at the moment. The idea of just hanging everything and dealing with trim after I have planted my room again sounds really efficient. Does anyone blast their dry trim? How does it come out? Going to try dry trimming some of this run and see how it goes..

Latest posts

Top Bottom