2nd Grow, Trying Autos

• Thread starter Wrathoftejus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
damien50

damien50

7 ft ceilings? Each group is under 600w. I could run them at 1000 each but waiting on colder weather

They just seem small despite their height for being under 600w which I why I asked if there were any problems

W

Wrathoftejus

Not that im aware of. I went through and leveled up the canopy best i could and put the lights at 16-18 in. Got cool air coming in today

W

Wrathoftejus

After going a little nuts yesterday i tested my run off and was high at 7.2 tried to make some adjustments to that. Likely ive stunted a couple of them from ph being off

damien50

damien50

After going a little nuts yesterday i tested my run off and was high at 7.2 tried to make some adjustments to that. Likely ive stunted a couple of them from ph being off

Everyone I've seen grow with pro mix had issues. All you can do is try your best until harvest at this point and not introduce anymore stress.

W

Wrathoftejus

Everyone I've seen grow with pro mix had issues. All you can do is try your best until harvest at this point and not introduce anymore stress.

What do you suggest? This is 2nd cycle using it. Its really just the only one ever recommended to me. I see everyone rant about fox farm on reddit.... but im left handed lol i rarely follow the herd.

damien50

damien50

What do you suggest? This is 2nd cycle using it. Its really just the only one ever recommended to me. I see everyone rant about fox farm on reddit.... but im left handed lol i rarely follow the herd.

General hydro or canna coco coir. I just finished my first run with coco doing two northern light autos. Worked well for me and I found it easy. You could always try a super soil that feeds itself because not everyone does well with coco.

W

Wrathoftejus

General hydro or canna coco coir. I just finished my first run with coco doing two northern light autos. Worked well for me and I found it easy. You could always try a super soil that feeds itself because not everyone does well with coco.

Yeah reading about coco makes it seem high maintenance

J

Joe.Grow

Perfect!

You can get happy frog and like others from blains farm and fleet for a decent price. If you buy enough shippings worth it if you can’t source locally.

W

Wrathoftejus

Got a store right down the road that carrys it. Suppose ill be running that next round

W

Wrathoftejus

Still learning. Not proud of my makeshift trellis but it is what it is.
Bonus edibles i am proud of.

Definitely stretchy plants but hopefully ill get some decent smoke while i grow out some photos and get clones ready under the mh. Round 3 im shooting for some bushes.

20181011 091412
20181013 202047
W

Wrathoftejus

Still chasing this magnesium def on a couple plants, got worse overnight so i flushed till a good amount of runoff then finished with A B and calmag. Figure its a lockout foilar spraying calmag a few days back didnt help either.

J

Joe.Grow

Try some epsom salt? That does look like a mag deficiency to me also possible zinc/sulfur.

Shouldn’t take much for a foliar spray, 1tsp into 4L.

W

Wrathoftejus

Another buddy said it just looked hungry as well. Gave it a good feeding gonna try and stay away a few days

damien50

damien50

Another buddy said it just looked hungry as well. Gave it a good feeding gonna try and stay away a few days

With that pro mix, if I remember right, it's a peat based medium favoring a more acidic ph range of 5.5

W

Wrathoftejus

Hm thats interesting. I normaly fed around 6.2 this week its been 5.8 trying to bring it down. Ill look into that...

Indeed i had no idea. I was treating it as soil. Will work that down under 6

Last edited:
W

Wrathoftejus

While the one i topped is being finicky (more tops so wants more food) i would definitely top them all next time around. I am limited to 7 foot ceilings though. I didnt really see any pullback after cutting. I fimmed 2 and got 3 tops on 1 plant and merely stunted the other which then grew to 5 foot. So all in all topping is easy, predictable, and where id put my money.

Top Bottom