• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Uh, it was a joke dude
for some reason I didn't take it that way. No worries. Alls good.

I did see your smiley face at the end of your comment, for some reason I went inside my head thinkin your were challenging there was no way hydro was used in the early 70's. Again no harm no foul. I don't think your an idiot btw. Now I feel like the idiot. :(

xavier7995

xavier7995

Its a hobby and i grow weird crap i like to smoke that isnt all that commercially viable (generally). I can focus on quality and such rather than police or jackers like one does in a different environment. I compare it to getting into craft brewing. I just compete against myself to try and produce the best quality plants of whatever interesting variety.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its a hobby and i grow weird crap i like to smoke that isnt all that commercially viable (generally). I can focus on quality and such rather than police or jackers like one does in a different environment. I compare it to getting into craft brewing. I just compete against myself to try and produce the best quality plants of whatever interesting variety.

Can you give an example of what you called “weird crap that isn’t all that commercially viable”?

xavier7995

xavier7995

I would say anything that goes over 12 weeks isnt really viable in a commercial setting unless it yields real well, though i am thinking more along the lines of those 16+ week thai varieties. Old timers haze is a good example. If you put that up against cookies or something along those lines...well one random old guy might be real happy, but that OTH is just going to sit and it took quite a bit more effort/time/resources to grow. You sure cant go buy stuff like that around here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would say anything that goes over 12 weeks isnt really viable in a commercial setting unless it yields real well, though i am thinking more along the lines of those 16+ week thai varieties. Old timers haze is a good example. If you put that up against cookies or something along those lines...well one random old guy might be real happy, but that OTH is just going to sit and it took quite a bit more effort/time/resources to grow. You sure cant go buy stuff like that around here.

Ok I see. I run a grow for quality first too. I like 10-12 week hybrids for good psychoactive high still with good body buzz and medical effects.

I would make more money on a nice 8 week turnover but never really want to stay with any of those strains.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I like your style! I’m very passionate and patient with my growing style. Wish I would have had a chance to experience the older strains before my time. Kudos to you SIR!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
In the mid 70s, I tried growing a few of the new RedBud Colombian that was going around. I planted them along the treeline and while they didn't doo too well, they were giants to me! We had a gardener who knew what I was up to, and my father told him to clean out the woods, since he was having friends over (local school board members). When he cleaned the wood's edge, he left my plants where they were...suddenly they were in the middle of the yard with the woods pushed back.
I can't begin to tell you how much shit I caught over that. A few years later I was introduced to a 1000 watt light, a 6 gallon bucket, and a bag of promix. I never looked back...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well said X :D

Top Bottom