315 Cmh, 4 In 3x3 With Hempy Pots.

• Thread starter Newfieocean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I see, haha. I've noticed the more I grow, the more I want to grow. I'm addicted to growing weed and just a casual smoker. haha. Try not to get strung out like me.

Polar510

Polar510

I am curious to see how You finish out with that light.
When I saw Your plants at 1st in the early stages I thought the plants might have been a little to close to the Your light. Whats the recommended hang distance? I think I read the Sun System likes a good 20-24 inches from the Canopy. I have never used them so can't speak on it from experience.

FarmerDi

FarmerDi

I am curious to see how You finish out with that light.
When I saw Your plants at 1st in the early stages I thought the plants might have been a little to close to the Your light. Whats the recommended hang distance? I think I read the Sun System likes a good 20-24 inches from the Canopy. I have never used them so can't speak on it from experience.
That is just a small strip of LED lights to get my seeds to sprout. Once they grow they will be under a 400 MH light throughout the veg stage 18/6 light schedule. Then switch over an HPS 400 watt for flowering. Like to keep the lights about 18" from the plant due to the heat those bulbs put out. During the very early stage of veg I will keep the light a little further away. Didn't use an MH light in veg stage first grow so I'm curious how the different light affects the plant.

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

I been keeping it at around 16-18 inches. Whatever gets the temp at the canopy closest to 28c. As long long as it doesn't overheat I don't seen to have any issues. Great penetration, just lollipoped them a bit and the undergrowth was very dense.
No pics this time as the latest Android update apparently bricked my phone... that or my sons Nintendo Switch app. But that's a mystery for a different forum lol.

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Tomorrow begins wk 7. I am going to take some clones in the AM and start 12/12 within a day or two.
DSC 0162
DSC 0163

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Been about 8 days of 12/12. Temps swing from 27c to 19c at lights out. RH ~50-55% as of yet. Once I see some bud forming ill get it down a little more. Been feeding CaMg Plus and Advanced Nutrients Micro/Grow/Bloom every 2nd or 3rd day at 1.5ec (~750ppm). CaMg is added to my 30ppm tap water getting 180-190ppm. My ph stays at 5.7-5.9. (My meter is due for calibration today).
DSC 00021
DSC 00031

Few question I could use some advice on. Should I remove all the little tips and baby growth under the scrog? Will this help or hurt overall yield? And should my circulation fan be placed under or above the canopy?
DSC 00081
Also read that during this stretch period I can see some yellowing which is normal. Been noticing it in the new growth a little and only on less established tops. I raised the light to mitigate the possibility of that stress but any opinions would be helpful. Thanks everyone this first grow has been going pretty well. Fingers crossed it continues this way.
DSC 00051

DSC 00041

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Light proof vent idea. I am sure I am not the first to think of this but it works and I felt pride and needed to share lol
DSC 00111
DSC 00101

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Yes I always strip under neath the canopy not only will it send your nutes where they will be most efficiently used but it will also increase air circulation

Leew421

Leew421

Limit your bud sites dramatically. Larf sucks to cut but good for oil. All the small stuff not hit with light remove

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Anyone here chime in please. Should my circulation fan be above or below my canopy? Almost 3 wks into 12/12. Looking nice to me so far!
Wk9 2
Wk9 3
Wk 9

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No need too have air blowing on the pots or stalks. Those areas don' need it nor don' benefit in any way from.it.

gwheels

gwheels

I used to have fans blowing everywhere but I cut it down to on the tops an one just around the light heat height. That way the heat can move around and get sucked out by the ventilation scrubber and the plants get some air circulation. I blow them on the plants when small to build up their strength and move it up as they grow.

I have 4 clip fans and a couple oscillators on standby for any given emergency :D

Top Bottom