315 Cmh With A Dimmer...??

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

hello guys,

I need a lower heat option light, I know the cmh will be less than an hps.

But I need the ability to dim it or run at 50/75% like some of the hps options

Can anyone point me to a dim able light? One that I can hook up a basic dimmer......or one that comes with the function build in.

Freshone

Freshone

Seriously if you need to dim a 315 you should just use a 4 bulb t5 or some cfls,lol.
Dimming any bulb more than 10 or 15% changes the spectrum and reduces bulb life also besides the fact that that i doubt it would lower heat any appreciable amount.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sun systems galaxy ballast has a dimmer. And the university of Utah agrees that cmh bulbs do not lose much spectrum or life with dimming.

Sorry I can't find the original tests. I didn't save them in my phone.

Hps especially Hortilux style are much more affected by dimming. And it is still minor.

I do agree with the above comment about using the right lamp for the job. You will always get better results if the wattage and coverage for the space is correct.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I just want to be able to use whatever I buy in the dead heat of the summer

But appears I should focus on more air exchange then dimming.

Thanks guys, I get ideas on how to maximize my space but some aren't the best.

Before I continue to spend money that will never return anything I try to get a lay of the land.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Buy a portable ac and not worry about the heat and harvest decent yields.

Krypto

Krypto

Ok...so NOW i am way in to the CMH setups. Looks like you can get a decent one for the price of the more affordable yet not quite as good LEDs , also I can retrofit. Quick question for you some of the veterans on here... Will a dual 315 CMH perform as good or better than a 1000 watt HPS? I HOPE SO LOL. BECAUSE THAT MEANS I CAN PUSH THE LED INVESTMENT BACK EVEN FURTHER!!! However I am thinking about trying out a couple of the Amazon specials to supplement my 600 watt HPS. The goal here is to produce as much medicine from both tents one has a 1000 watt the other has the 600 watt. 30 days to harvest from TENT#1 and 60 days to harvest from TENT#2.
THE ONLY DOWNSIDE TO THIS SETUP IS I REALLY DON'T HAVE MUCH ROOM FOR MOTHER PLANTS / VEGGING AREA. I will have to purchase or build another tent. Unless I go with the branch of a branch of a branch method. But I've been advised against that from several people on the farm. Anyone have any input?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

A dual 315 in 2 hoods can compte with a 1k hps. 3x 315 in hoods will surely be better than a 1k hands down.

Top Bottom