3500k And 5000k Mixed On One Fixture

• Thread starter AvidLerner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

would you combine both colors in one fixture for single use?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Completed the fixture. i will post pics later. it is a four cob passive cooled 200w fixture, with two cxa 5000k, 77v, and two cxb, 36v, 3500k with eight far red led diodes. All driven by one HLGH-186H-C700A driver at 0.7A across the board a 200w fixture that is both good for veg and bloom. peace.

sixstring

sixstring

So how did you wire this setup,series?
I did not know you could run 72v and 36v cobs on the same driver so im curious to see how ya did this man.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

It was easy. I wired the first two cxa in series, and then wired the cxb's in series, as if they were all the same. The driver is constant current, so each cob gets 700mA each driving 50W for each cob equally, with differing voltages. I am going to wire the far red led's in series after the fourth cob, because i still have 60v left, and 8 3.4v diodes will work out just fine. peacer

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
How's that combined light working for you Avid. I'm looking at a growmau kit on cutter was thinking of combining 3500k and 5000k on a 5 cob set up. I'm really interested in using just one light for veg/bloom. As always love watching y'all tear it up.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

How's that combined light working for you Avid. I'm looking at a growmau kit on cutter was thinking of combining 3500k and 5000k on a 5 cob set up. I'm really interested in using just one light for veg/bloom. As always love watching y'all tear it up.
works great for veg and bloom. combined color is almost as good as supplemental lighting. peace
Avid

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My 2014 BML SPYDR 600 is a blend ~ 85% CW/NW/WW + 5% 450 + 10% 630. works great, htough I woulld like to add more 630 during flower

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yes..heatsink is needed.( For $25..I took their word for it) There are channels in the heatsink..you can use an eyehook, Ubolt, or the like with nuts and washers..I used on hand eyehooks..If you want it fancy..they cell nice hangers for $10 I think. It is very easy to swap out different LEDs if you want to mess around. I think it has had some effect on flowering time, but a few more weeks will tell. These things signal the plant that it is time to begin Photosynthesis NOW..The signal just has to be "seen" according to Gromau5, so intensity is not an issue.

Top Bottom