36 X 20 X 62 Inch Tent

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I was thinking about things. Does it make sense in this small tent to do a scrog or top/lst/bend the shit out of it? I think I am scrog nervous is all but weigh in people. I love the advice.

Scrog stops at around 8 tops and that is a little weird for me.

I can scrog my 4 x 4 with monstrous madness in short order with 3 plants.

There are no wrong answers with advice so pipe up. :D

I just upsized my pots last night on the 3 going in the tent.

Autopot is a king tut. The two brown pots are train wreck and the green one is a jack herer. I am glad I have enough weird pots I can do this without sharpies.

20180220 093641
G gnome

G gnome

I am starting a grow log with my tiny tent.
1 autopot with reservoir
1 4 inch filtration system
1 tent 20 x 36 x 62 inches
200 watts of vero light (2 x 100 watt vero fixture).
Running either white rhino or cheese or kushy kush

I will veg it out to fill the canopy.

I will use GH nutes

I will use a 3 inch net square to scrog out the plant.

When the dust settles this will be my veg tent and I will do a perpetual garden in the 4 x 4. Max 4 plants all day long.
If ur starting a grow log then why didnt u put it in the grow dairy section?

gwheels

gwheels

Everything is trucking along great. An observation...I put the net to the top of the filter can. The internodal distance is almost bizarre compared to the MCOB. I believe the mcob sucks balls for a light. I am worried the nodes are too tight on a 70/30 sativa. What a great light. What I also like is i have no fear of a bulb blow out causing a problem.

Safe as it can be.

The internodes on the 315 are tight too but different strains a little longer and not a fair comparison. IMHO everything is drinking water too slow but i only veg every 4 months so i forget how it goes. I think mid flower is when I have to really make water.

I have never grown start to finish with a true cob so lets do eeet. I will put my dress shirts in a different closet to avoid cross border issues. :D lol.

And I smoked some of that cheese i grew. At first it was dissapointing but after 2 weeks in a jar wow did it change.

white rhino and cheese both white ash doobs. No black at all. The cheese flavor has really developed in the jar and it is dry now so it smokes right. Wow stellar.

White rhino is better. :D i love sativa headiness

gwheels

gwheels

Oh a big change in the scrog. I know why my king tut was growing slow. 2 reasons
1) i have to get an aquarium pump tomorrow to put more o2 in the water on this reservoir. I have one on my 4 x 4 res and they are exploding in growth.
2) I really mashed up the stem a few times to manifold it. I think the abuse I gave it slowed it down. But wow does that make a stronger plant.

SO what i did was....

I grabbed a train wreck from the 4 x 4. The seed was started 2 days after the king tut but I only topped it a few times and let it grow. The tent is dialed in at 25.7 at peak heat (78 F) Taking out that mcob was a good idea. The 315 works fine for that tent and I can pull a lot so why change what works. Now the 4 x 4 has 1 king tut, 1 jack herer and 1 train wreck.

And this plant was ready to tuck under. The growth was overnight (4 more holes filled this morning). I think this week it will be flipped. It will be interesting to see the color difference between trainwreck from cob and trainwreck from CMH

The net holes are 3 inches. I think I will build a perfect fitting frame with screws apart 2 inchs so i can web butchers twine on it or something and get more holes.

But lets see how this one grows.

gwheels

gwheels

20180402 074407

week 1 of 12-12. Controlling the stretch with the net but I have a good 3 feet of height left so soon I might have to let it just grow,

I had to flip for time constraints :D

gwheels

gwheels

The brown discoloration on some of the fan leaves was due to the ph being off (mag deficiency i think) everything is corrected. Currently running transition nutes (basically half a tank of veg and half a tank of flower). I also added a water pump to stir things up 15 minutes every 2 hours. It will help put more o2 in the solution and i like knowing the ph is the same top to bottom :D

Dan789

Dan789

View attachment 789506

week 1 of 12-12. Controlling the stretch with the net but I have a good 3 feet of height left so soon I might have to let it just grow,

I had to flip for time constraints :D
Like what your doing, question why not pull the filter and put it outside the tent at the end of the exhaust circuit? More room for plants that way, charcoal doesn’t care if it’s getting sucked or blown.

gwheels

gwheels

Well I have that fan blowing into a furnace intake. :D . I needed to control heat and odor in my closet. My dress shirts smelled like i just rolled in fresh grown weed before and now its ok. After this round though i will suspend the filter at the top of the tent and put the light beneath it. This is my first scrog and now that I get how it works, as in it really controls the height of the canopy, it will work. Scrog 2.0 will be 1 or 2 plants filling the 36 x 20 inch footprint.

:) I thought of every way to do it myself. This is really just an experiment. But it is a real learning experience for me in a hobby I love.

gwheels

gwheels

I kept having PH issues. Now it is 5.8 in flower. The error was always getting it to 6.2 and in flower you want it a bit lower. And it would go from 6.2 to 5.3. I will make sure to flush the lines well for next run. I will try 3 autopots and 1 bubble bucket so i can see if i like them better. I have more doo dads than the home shopping channel. :D

gwheels

gwheels

Oh and it smells like a skunk sprayed in my tent. Trainwreck smells like Jack Herer. Or someone mixed seeds up and this time it wasn't me.

gwheels

gwheels

The train wreck in the 4 x 4 just changed smells. The terps must be coming out. Now it is a fruity haze smell. This one will change too. Once the buds fatten and swell.

Top Bottom