4-site / 5k watts vertical (DIY- UC x MPB)

• Thread starter ALLegal420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

turboz

Day 30. These ladys are putting on some size better than I expected. There are about 95 gallons in the system.T hey are using 20 ppm and the ph is dropping .2 every 24 hours.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Turboz I think like you, but seems key here is the balance in what Dizzle said. Some strains/training let a lot more light in while others are just wall o buds and this factors into the surface area equation, plus going for golfballs vs huge colas or in between? I wish we had powerful lamps with better par distribution and less unneeded radiance (heat), and think it could change this vert game a lot.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

21519d1235429799-krusty-buckets-krustylidiagrama.jpg.att

Got to thinking about it and had to consult the klown for a visual-aid. Digging through those old threads sure gives perspective on a bunch of things. Seems there's some controversy on this subject, regarding intensity vs reflected light in rooms with lots of them? Not sure I understand the concern with dropping a bit lower if you're careful not to run them too close to the plants?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Keep your bulbs as low as you can get them bro, the middle of the bulb should me level with the middle of your plant. This will build great yield from the very bottom of the plant to the top. The last 2 weeks raise them up so the middle of the bulb is shining on the tops to harden everything up.

Hope this helps bro

dds

here it is.

T

turboz

Day 37. Everything seems to be going strong. Did a res change and upped the ratio a bit of the Ionic Boost.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Papa, mrdizzle, Shady, El Cerebro, organicness and hogan400...

Thanks for all the props and information! We dropped the lights down to where the middle of the bulb is in the middle of the plant (except the center light, just not enough room to drop it down further). Things are looking good, we just did another flush at day 37, currently running about 1.6-1.7 EC (810-850ppm Hanna); 5.8 PH and CO2 is now at 1400ppm. They are really starting to swell up now!! I'll try and get some better pics, its just hard because the room is so full now and it's hard to get a good picture.

Currently we are sketching out details for the next run and doing research on Jack's nutrients, think were going to switch and run that next round as well as adding at least (4) 600w lights.

Hogan400, I hope your getting your PH issue's figured out! Wish you the best of luck!!

-ALLegal420

Glab120

Glab120

man your girls look great, that room is completly full!!! how long did you veg these for? and will you repeat that in the future?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

My comment on lights is only an opinion, some people definitely disagree, so judge for yourself. I run mine so the beam is slightly above the tops for reflection off the walls, then prune all lowers that won't get good light. Ceiling height, heat, and reflectivity factor in too (don't burn/bleach/stunt by going too close).

You might want to kick that co2 down a bit, i just learned this too. Highest I go at beginning of flower now is 1250, then prgressively lower each week. By week 5 I'm at 750, using the cch2o chart as a rough guide and adjusting to my room (search for comment by Dankworth in a humidity thread, or deep in a stickied UC problems and questions thread). 14-1500 might be good for veg.

By flush time I go down to outdoor ambient levels (3-400). This seems to bring out nice finish quality. Some say high co2 in the end leaves a taste worse than not flushing and undesireable shatter-hard nuggets (can't verify as I haven't tested). Rule of thumb is lower co2 as you lower humidity periodically throughout the grow.

Good luck with the Jack's, some great results here with it. Looking forward to following if you decide to journal it.

D

Devlove

Damn you did a great job cleaning out the centers, I hope you are having as difficult a time as me maneuvering round these bitches. Looking forward to the next few weeks of yours.

T

turboz

man your girls look great, that room is completly full!!! how long did you veg these for? and will you repeat that in the future?

They were vegged for 5 weeks, and they averaged 30 inches tall at flip. Next run may or may not go as big, the next room design/tweaks are still in the works.

T

turboz

21519d1235429799-krusty-buckets-krustylidiagrama.jpg.att

Got to thinking about it and had to consult the klown for a visual-aid. Digging through those old threads sure gives perspective on a bunch of things. Seems there's some controversy on this subject, regarding intensity vs reflected light in rooms with lots of them? Not sure I understand the concern with dropping a bit lower if you're careful not to run them too close to the plants?

Thanks for your input El C. Any positive discussion is always welcome. It has been a while since I saw that diagram.

here it is.

Thanks for digging that info up Papa!

T

turboz

Day 42 flower. Everything seems to be going fine. Here are a few lights out pics with a quarter for reference. The fifth pic is the big one in dirt. The roots are looking great as always. The 8th pic shows the view from under everything. If you squint your eyes it almost looks like a real jungle! Also, a few closeups at the end.

B

Bigcorners

Sweet Jeez.. just read threw your whole thread, such a proper badass UC grow. Absolutly stunning! These babys are loved and it shows. keep up the amazing week cant wait to keep watching this!!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Bigcorners, thanks mang!

ddftre, things are going good and were down to a little over a week left in the UC setup, we've already pulled down some of the soil. Currently we are starting to back down the ppm (EC) and CO2 and will be flushing the last 4-5 days or so. We are also going to try and get the overnight temps down in the 60's somewhere to try and get the purple to come out.

I will try and snag some pics here soon to post up.

-ALLegal420

Papa

Papa

Supporter
'looks great guys! they look very happy!

what are your plant heights?

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
'looks great guys! they look very happy!

what are your plant heights?

Thanks Papa! We were able to snag some of that Wifi last drop and we're very excited to get those rolling along with some of Logic's Divine gear.

#1 - 47"
#2 - 45"
#3 - 42"
#4 - 49"

Plant width is about 48-50" but if we tied them up tighter to the cages they'd probably be 42-44" wide.

Since we didn't want to foliar spray for pm so late into flower it came back a little but seems to have halted with the little drop in humidity. It is on some of the leaves and looks worse with the flash from the camera than it is, it hasn't gotten into the cola's so that's good. Pics should be posted soon! There sure are some fat mofo's in there! Also there is so much room for improvements on the next run!

-ALLegal420

T

turboz

Day 56. Like ALLegal420 said there is still some PM that came back, but these pics make it look way worse than it really is.

Photo 8
Photo 7
Photo 6
Photo 5
Photo 4
Photo 3
Photo 1
Photo 2
Top Bottom