4 Strains, 2nd Grow.

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

I've had a lot of stuff going on this last month so I have kind of let the plants just do their thing. I was hoping to have cages around them by now but just haven't had the extra time. Hopefully this weekend.
They have all switched over to flowering and are stacking up nicely. The tallest is just under 5 foot now. The shortest is a little over 3 feet.

IMG 5819
IMG 5825
IMG 5826
IMG 5827
Last edited:
Irish063

Irish063

The girls were getting really crowded in the green house so I put up another enclosure. It's kind of ghetto rigged but I don't have the funds to dress it up as much as I would like. I thought I was going to be able to buy some greenhouse plastic to put around to but had to make do with the panels from the greenhouse. This is just to help somewhat conceal the view from the road.
I feel very lucky to be able to grow so openly here I plan to add some window screen around the bottom to help keep out the grasshoppers and other large bugs

IMG 5821
Irish063

Irish063

I have held off getting Spinosad for the grasshoppers because they didn't seem to be harming the plants too badly but I'm going to have to. They ate threw a little bit of a stalk so i had to make a splint and some new growth in another plant, which stunted that cola for a good week.

IMG 5809
Last edited:
Irish063

Irish063

I'm looking to try a new flowering nutrient. Does anyone one have suggestions? I used Roots Organinc last year but didn't feel super impressed with it. It doesn't necessarily have to be 100% organic but the closer the better.

Last edited:
Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Looking real good man..what kind of light do you have up top? I have the same led light as my main and it's works well.maybe throw your led up top?. Also imo when you lst you only want to bend down the tallest node no need to bend down lower branches..just my 2 cents. Here is some I got going all have been toped and lst
IMG 1254

Side view
IMG 1255

Irish063

Irish063

Looking real good man..what kind of light do you have up top? I have the same led light as my main and it's works well.maybe throw your led up top?. Also imo when you lst you only want to bend down the tallest node no need to bend down lower branches..just my 2 cents. Here is some I got going all have been toped and lst
View attachment 728239
Side view
View attachment 728240
Thanks. Yours are looking really good as well. What strains are you growing? I'm guessing three different ones by the looks of it or at least two with one showing a little different phone. Great color on them.
I started with my LED and then bought a t5 when I realized the HPS was stressing them too much and they were getting to hot but they have been outside for the last 2 months now.
Cool, thanks. This is the first time I have done LST so any input is great. I'm always learning.

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Yea I gues I jumped the gun on that one lol..hey we never stop learning right..I didn't even get to see the pics of them out side until now well done sir...the three I have going are all sour diesel

Irish063

Irish063

Yea I gues I jumped the gun on that one lol..hey we never stop learning right..I didn't even get to see the pics of them out side until now well done sir...the three I have going are all sour diesel
No worries. I've done the same a couple times. Didn't realize I wasn't at the end of a thread and posted something.
Thanks. Still battling some defiecincies/burn.

Nice. How much longer are you going to get them?

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

No worries. I've done the same a couple times. Didn't realize I wasn't at the end of a thread and posted something.
Thanks. Still battling some defiecincies/burn.

Nice. How much longer are you going to get them?
Those three are on day 4 of flower as of today ..what are you hoping to get from your plants outside?

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Hey man that's not bad for a first grow..everything gets so much easier and you think why did I ever worry about that lol....but Yea same here...with my current grow I'm hoping to pull 5 oz minimum but we will se wat happens

Irish063

Irish063

Hey man that's not bad for a first grow..everything gets so much easier and you think why did I ever worry about that lol....but Yea same here...with my current grow I'm hoping to pull 5 oz minimum but we will se wat happens
Thanks. It was definitely a learn as I go kind of deal last year.
Haha. Yeah I can see some of that already. I'm definitely not worried about every small sign of burn or deficiency this time around. I would be happy with 5 oz/plant but I will definitely take more. Looking back I can see where I made a lot of mistakes last year. The ladies are already bigger now than they were when they finished last year so if all goes well :)

Irish063

Irish063

This took longer than I expected. I'll do a few more tomorrow but will probably only do about 5 total.

IMG 5856
IMG 5857
Irish063

Irish063

Well I seem to be running into a bit of a problem. All the girls are showing a little bit of deficiencies but it I most apparent in my Blueberries. I have been staying light on the feedings prob around 300-400 ppm. I gave them a little more than I was in the beginning but didn't use a ppm meter.

I fed them last Saturday and just watered yesterday.

I'm thinking an obvious nitrogen def from the yellowing of the leaves. I also noticed this (red stem on the fan leaf) on one of the blueberries which I'm thinking is a Phosphorus def.

It has become much more dramatic in the last day. All the new growth is a healthy green color and it's only the fan leaves that are yellowing.

I'm switching from age old to Earth juice for flowering but I'm a little behind. What can I do until the Earth Juice starts to break down some since it's organic?

Also could the yellowing be an infestation? I haven't seen any spider mites or silver streaks on the leaves for thripes.

IMG 5861
IMG 5862
IMG 5863
Irish063

Irish063

So Indid a lot of defoliating tonight and bumped up theirs food to help compensate for the defeciencies. They are drinking quite a lot now, as far as water intake. Just watered some 2 days ago and they were already dry.

I also did a little top dressing with some mycorrhiza to see if that would help with some of the problems and soil life.

I'm gonna take a page out of @123grow 's book and do more frequent watering s with less to help catch them up. I figure I'll put in the new food Saturday and let that start breaking down. Then one time next week feed the with the Age Old. I'm think by then with the EJ Catalyst it should start having some of the bites available.

123grow

IMO, it looks like they need some nitrogen? Also be careful if your feeding then going without watering for a couple days or so, they usually will start to burn? just a thought, i have seen it happen. ~ WATER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT thing a plant needs. We water Everyday, even as clones they were watered Everyday. Remove the yellow and brown leaves so the plant can put its energy into growing. (not sure if energy was the right word). lol just my opinion. Some of them are a real nice green color, keep up the good work. Happy growing, ~Julie

Top Bottom