4 Strains, 2nd Grow.

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

Energy is the best descriptor I would say.

Thanks. That was my thought to, but I'm beginning to get stumped. I've been feeding them light throughout their life cycle so far and they have always responded quickly before, generally the next day. I gave them more than I normally do last night. However, after their feeding they did not seem to show any signs of "bouncing back". Age Old's ratio is 12-6-6. I figured as I prepared them to switch over to Earth Juice I would continue to feed them the Age Old.
Since Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient can the plant not replenish it into leaves it has taken it from? Or does it start the necrosis process once it starts pulling nutrients to another part of the plant?
All the new growth appears fine and is a healthy green color like you noticed so I'm not too worried.

Thanks for the heads. I have been just doing water,feed, water with several days between. I didn't have much water last night with their feeding so they were ready for some more tonight. Last year I think I watered too often so I went to the opposite extreme this go round.

Thanks for the help.

Irish063

Irish063

So I realized that I never corrected for lowering the feeding dosage after transplanting them into that hot soil so I think all the yellowing has been from my girls being super hungry as they have transitioned into flowering. I also gave them a little dose of some MOAB that a friend gave me.
Transitioning them to their flower Nutrients (Earth Juice) so until that starts breaking down I will give continue to give them Age Old. Not ideal I know, but I got caught up with stuff around the house and didn't figure out what line I wanted to go with before they started flowering.

Irish063

Irish063

Can't seem to stop the yellowing progression. It's all on older fan leaves and all new growth looks fine. Trying not to worry too much but it seems to be getting higher and higher on the plants. They also seem not to be adding on/growing a whole lot.

I've been doing smaller watering lately. I think this started a little before that, but I decided I'm gonna try heavier waterings like I had started with.

Today will be the last day I supplement with Age Old for some N for them. By now the N in the Earth Juice grow I started giving them should be breaking down.

Thanks for stopping by.

IMG 5911
IMG 5912

123grow

Remove the yellow leaves.. your plant only likes green leaves. lol ;) I wonder why there turning yellow? ~ Other than that, they look like there starting to fill in good/ put on weight. Keep talking nice to them. lol ~Julie

Irish063

Irish063

Remove the yellow leaves.. your plant only likes green leaves. lol ;) I wonder why there turning yellow? ~ Other than that, they look like there starting to fill in good/ put on weight. Keep talking nice to them. lol ~Julie
Thanks. :)
I have once already but had more turn up in the last few days. I'll take the rest off tomorrow.

I think I may have been under watering them. In the beginning I was watering until they pots were soaked full. For the last few weeks I have been doing lighter waterings/feeding but more frequently. My only other thought was some sort of pest in the soil possibly, but I have not seen any signs of spider mites, thrives, or aphids. They seemed to respond pretty well to yesterdays watering and feeding. They seemed much perkier, fuller, and a little taller today. I figure I'll keep that up so hopefully they'll stop yellowing.

The only real difference I did yesterday was I nuted first and then came back with the hose and finished watering. They already feel much lighter today than just after the watering.

My one concern is that I had planned to stop using Age Old yesterday now that I have been applying Earth Juice throughout the last two weeks. I planned on finishing the rest of their flowering cycle with their full line. I'll have to see how they respond over the next half week.

...Well I take that back. I also added TM7 ( which they have had 2 other times already recently) and I added a small amount of primordial solutions.

Irish063

Irish063

So I think I have figured out what is going on. I was doing more research and found a post about water softeners.
I am using a bribe type system on our well water. Apparently, the K in the nutes combines with the Cl from the softener salts. Making KCl and creates a lockout of K.
I am flushing them with Sledge Hammer and ph'd RO water. Doing a test on about half of them to see what happens.
I may have to switch to pH'd well water that is on a bypass of the softener. I don't have a way of bringing home that much RO water feasibly.
So I hope it is an Ockham's Razor situation.
I thought I screen shooter the actual post but only had the symptoms they listed.

IMG 5980
IMG 5981
Irish063

Irish063

Hey everyone it's been pretty busy and I've been trying to get the ladies back on track. It's been so so after flushing them with Fox Farm Sledge Hammer. The yellowing has definitely slowed down. What I have found is that they seem to do best if I continue to add about 1 TBSP per 5 gallons when I feed.
I know this seems counter productive but when I tried to just straight feed them after the initial flush they seemed to get worse again.
Here's a few pics. These are about two weeks ago

IMG 5994
IMG 5999
IMG 6002
Last edited:
Irish063

Irish063

Well the girls survived a freeze after some crazy rain for the most part of the day.
We had a couple nights of freezing temps last week as well.
Total surprise as the weather didn't call for it.
The greenhouse was fine but my second enclosure doesn't have a roof. I spent an hour in the rain trying to rig something up but couldn't make something stable.

Just need to hold out a few more weeks

IMG 6038
Meakanu

Meakanu

Just spent the past hour reading through your grow. Your plants are looking grate! It's encouraging to see how you've been able to overcome set backs and get them to where they are now!

BudBogart

BudBogart

I also just read your grow from the beginning. What a wonderful grow journey. Its good to see you overcame the yellowing leaves.
A great job growing in the removable panel greenhouse, getting them ready for outdoors. Good to see someone else appreciates the value of a nice rain to stengthen their plants. Whenever I hear about a well tended plant showing signs of deficiency I always like to consider nutrient lock out occurring from a little too much of a good thing. I think that if you would have put any of those plants in a big hole or bigger grow bag with the care you gave them they would be 6 foot bushes or bigger. Again, thanks for sharing the experience.

Irish063

Irish063

Just spent the past hour reading through your grow. Your plants are looking grate! It's encouraging to see how you've been able to overcome set backs and get them to where they are now!

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Hope yours goes smoother but just as well. Wow, crazy that you @BudBogart read it straight through and spent that much time. It's a great compliment.

Irish063

Irish063

I also just read your grow from the beginning. What a wonderful grow journey. Its good to see you overcame the yellowing leaves.
A great job growing in the removable panel greenhouse, getting them ready for outdoors. Good to see someone else appreciates the value of a nice rain to stengthen their plants. Whenever I hear about a well tended plant showing signs of deficiency I always like to consider nutrient lock out occurring from a little too much of a good thing. I think that if you would have put any of those plants in a big hole or bigger grow bag with the care you gave them they would be 6 foot bushes or bigger. Again, thanks for sharing the experience.
Thank you, man. I appreciate it. Like i said to Meakanu, it's a great compliment to have you guys read all of it.
Thanks the yellowing leaves thing was a bitch. Things were just not making since.
Yeah, we thought taking the panels off would not only help keep them cool but really let them get as much benefit from the natural environment as possible. Generally, I see plants and vegatation flourish when it rains. It always seemed to have them respond strangely. I'm assuming its the soil composition and soil web. I didn't get to inoculate it with as much as I had hoped. It's odd. When I would try and water them from the rain barrel it almost seemed like it harmed them so I only did it a handful of times. I haven't checked it in a while to see if there is any growth or signs of bad bacteria in there.
I'm glad to see validation from you and the plants response on the 'deficiencies' that were popping up. I definitlely and would not have thought of it as a lock out at first because I was giving them such light feedings.
Awesome!! My goal this year (albeit big) was tall shrubs/mini trees. We had thought about putting them in the ground but we have so much clay in ours I wasn't sure how well they would take. I wanted to do 20-30 gallon final pots but ran out of extra money. Good to know I was on the right track though. :) Next year!!
Definitely. Thanks for stopping by.
Now I just need to get a cover built over the open air kennel since we have 4 days of non stop rain projected. Couldn't get it to come together last weekend.

Cheers. Thanks for stopping in.

Irish063

Irish063

Had a casualty. A bottom branch of a Blueberry. I wasn't sure how long the stem had been broken so I went ahead and cut it off. All the others that this has happened to I have just tapped back on.
The trichs are a mix of light amber heads, all cloudy, and some clear.
It will be nice to see how this turns out.

IMG 6136
Irish063

Irish063

So after 4 days of terrntial monsoon rain I was finally able to at least build a cover for them. Kind of feels all for naught, considering tonight is the last night for a little while. However, I plan on wrapping it around the sides to enclose it so if we have anymore bellowing freezing nights they won't get frost bitten.
Somehow they seemed to make it without devolving any mold or rot. I shook them off as often as I could and put a fan on them when it wasn't raining.

IMG 6154
IMG 6155
Irish063

Irish063

A bit of sunshine on the pineapple haze

Some colors finally starting to come out on some of the plants

Lastly, one of my blue berry's finally starting to get somebody blue and purple hues to it. I couldn't capture it as well as I could see it.

IMG 6149
IMG 6150
IMG 6152
Irish063

Irish063

Gave the girls a feeding tonight.
Ended up having a very tiny amount of bud rot after all that rain. Went ahead and cut off the nug. It looked worse at first glance. Could have left it on there. Oh well still plenty left. Here's the bid without the rot (flash and no flash shot)

IMG 6174
IMG 6175
Top Bottom