40' Shipping Container Nanolux Build

• Thread starter Cali clouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gingerhazed

gingerhazed

how's everything going in this room man? would love to see some updated shots!

it's taking me forever but I'm finally getting my drip setup done - definitely got a lot of inspiration from you so thanks for running through what you were doing here and posting great pictures!

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

nice man! did you do any kind of training or topping with these girls?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

nice man! did you do any kind of training or topping with these girls?
Lots of topping to keep them bushed out. I thin the big water leaf. And just try to keep the canopy even. I pull tops around a little bit but nothing crazy.
The nanos are awesome, they throw light very even. I was using 4' parabolic's before this place and they have good light spread but don't compare. The canopy has grown out into the walkway, it is filling in almost 7' wide with solid nugs all the way through.

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

great to hear about the nano's. I loved my gavitas the first run I had with them, but I really like the horizontal ballast on the nano's. Is that as close as you'll get the lamps to the ceiling? I want to maximize my crop space by smashing the gavita as close as I can to the ceiling but I worry about operating tempuratures even with an auto dim feature built in.

I measured today and I've got barely less ceiling height than you (8ft 4 and 1/2") BUT had to raise my trays about a foot to be able to drain them properly.. I was super close to saying fuck it and building a platform with a gutter like yours but decided to just raise it instead.. thus my questions about your training/topping.

that container is sick man... what kind of strains are you running?

CamTheCloner

CamTheCloner

Good Evening,
I would be interested in replicating this build almost exactly. How accurately would you be able to estimate total cost (not including fans/light setups/etc) and a full list of supplies?

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Damn!!! A huge diy mobile grow room.as sweet as a proverbial nut.
Great job Cali clouds your killing it
Sea cans are not mobile
A person can get pretty creative for instance Get two 54 foot trailers for 3000.00
And there mobile i would run them side by side
and have a door slash enclosed walk way on one side run water lines under trailers etc ,
even pumps drain to waste set ups etc waste part going through RO machine and pumped back into rez tanks

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I think that most of the people that run the businesses that we support in this business, are pretty shady to say the least. That is just another perfect example.
I should go run a ad in high times now and jack their business

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Sea cans are not mobile
A person can get pretty creative for instance Get two 54 foot trailers for 3000.00
And there mobile i would run them side by side
and have a door slash enclosed walk way on one side run water lines under trailers etc ,
even pumps drain to waste set ups etc waste part going through RO machine and pumped back into rez tanks

If they are not mobile then how did I get it here?

Slay mode homie Props!

I just took down the first run and killed it. Best numbers I have ever seen myself. I can't wait for the next couple runs. I got some new strains that are fire and should be yielding at least 3#/. We will see how this next run comes down. just curious what kinda yields do those rooms get that you posted a while back?

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Cmon cali lol please post pictures of your axles then ??? my Ex Family used to unload Sea Cans off ships that is why there called sea cans they inter lock and cranes taking them off ships as well as fork lifts placing them on trailers
So in your case you either paid a flat bed trucking company with winch truck, to haul it there or you rented a winch trailer on your own to get it on ,, then released tension an slowly jerked it off the trailer,
But you sure the hell did not hook up a pick up truck directly to sea can , unless its has been modified

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I didn't know being mobile means it has to have axel's. And in that case a semi trailer is not mobile unless you have a semi. So you wind up in the same situation, calling a trucking co

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I didn't know being mobile means it has to have axel's. And in that case a semi trailer is not mobile unless you have a semi. So you wind up in the same situation, calling a trucking co
About semi trailer has axels and wheels, he is saying a sea can is a box without wheels.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Dude i did not come in here to cause trouble your killing it.
All good but sea cans need to be hauled by flat deck trailers there for there really not a mobile as where you just hook up and go

Curious how did you get that container there ??? did you just hook up to it and pull does it have a Hitch option ???

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

No problem here.

The company on Craigslist I bought it from delivers them with a flatbed made for hauling them. most trucking companies with flat beds will haul them. I have seen a variety of creative ways to get them on and off the trucks. They do make bad ass caster's that go into the corners and lock in. I thought it would be nice in a big warehouse. They also move pretty easy in the dirt if you have any kind of tractor.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Anyone ever see someone make a trailer out of a container? I always thought it would be relatively easy but I dont know what the chp or DMV would say if you tried to register it. I've never seen one

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Dude i did not come in here to cause trouble your killing it.
All good but sea cans need to be hauled by flat deck trailers there for there really not a mobile as where you just hook up and go

Curious how did you get that container there ??? did you just hook up to it and pull does it have a Hitch option ???
They're mobile AF!
I have a 40' high cube in my warehouse. They have these trailers built for these containers so they're movable.
The trailer mine came on had a deck that got smaller as he reversed. Once he was in the spot I wanted it he tilted the trailer until the end touched and drove off. The trailer slides down safely on the ground.

Last edited:
Top Bottom