4x4 Cmh Tent, What Do You Guys Think?

• Thread starter nath
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nath

nath

Note: I'm inexperienced and I'm looking for advice. If you can help me improve on any of this I would really appreciate it.

Lights: I'm thinking to run 2 separate Philips 3100k 315's side by side in a 4x4 tent. Ideally I'd have the ballasts outside the tent. I'm not sure what style of hoods to get and I'd really appreciate any input. I'm thinking of 2x 315 rather than 1 630 because I've heard they'll run a little cooler and the light spread is better (which would be nice when I move to a bigger space). Some questions for anyone who can answer:

1. Are hoods with vertical mounted bulbs really worth going out of my way to get? If so, why?

2. I know that glass cuts down on UV and weakens light a bit. It seems like I've seen air cooled hoods without glass? What do you guys think? Is there a problem with pulling air near bulbs that hasn't been scrubbed first?

3. Ballast recommendations? Sun systems makes these magnetic ballasts. They're cheap and look well made. Do they really cut down on bulb life? Should I just go with one of those cheap prism digitals instead?
https://growershouse.com/sun-system-hardcore-lec-315-watt-120-240-volt

Ventilation : Ideally I'd like to vent using an 8" inline with the speed turned down (I like the 8" because I plan to expand to a bigger room later this year). I was thinking of using smart passive ventilation and just make sure the fan is moving that air (maybe moving the whole room twice per minute?).

One vent question I had was whether or not pulling air from outside the house is a good idea? I've heard that if air coming into the bottom of a room is too much colder than air up by the lights, plants won't like it. I live in a very moderate climate. Never drops below 50 here. If I was pulling in air that was 50 degrees and the lights are running at 78 or 80, do you guys foresee problems in that tent?

Thank you for sharing all of your hard earned experience. Much respect to you all.

Smerb

Smerb

Note: I'm inexperienced and I'm looking for advice. If you can help me improve on any of this I would really appreciate it.

Lights: I'm thinking to run 2 separate Philips 3100k 315's side by side in a 4x4 tent. Ideally I'd have the ballasts outside the tent. I'm not sure what style of hoods to get and I'd really appreciate any input. I'm thinking of 2x 315 rather than 1 630 because I've heard they'll run a little cooler and the light spread is better (which would be nice when I move to a bigger space). Some questions for anyone who can answer:

1. Are hoods with vertical mounted bulbs really worth going out of my way to get? If so, why?

2. I know that glass cuts down on UV and weakens light a bit. It seems like I've seen air cooled hoods without glass? What do you guys think? Is there a problem with pulling air near bulbs that hasn't been scrubbed first?

3. Ballast recommendations? Sun systems makes these magnetic ballasts. They're cheap and look well made. Do they really cut down on bulb life? Should I just go with one of those cheap prism digitals instead?

Ventilation : Ideally I'd like to vent using an 8" inline with the speed turned down (I like the 8" because I plan to expand to a bigger room later this year). I was thinking of using smart passive ventilation and just make sure the fan is moving that air (maybe moving the whole room twice per minute?).

One vent question I had was whether or not pulling air from outside the house is a good idea? I've heard that if air coming into the bottom of a room is too much colder than air up by the lights, plants won't like it. I live in a very moderate climate. Never drops below 50 here. If I was pulling in air that was 50 degrees and the lights are running at 78 or 80, do you guys foresee problems in that tent?

Thank you for sharing all of your hard earned experience. Much respect to you all.
You have asked 10 questions...……… Have you seen the commercial where dude hits up neighbor for all the info plus prices and shipping dates and hours? If I was you id take a step back and ask one Q at a time, wait for a response, or go straight for the search bar. Get to it bud, let us know....

H

heisen

dont think that CMH runs cooler thats a myth,There still hot.A watt of electricity is gonna produce a watt of heat,If you want cooler go LED.you will need around 400 watts of COB or board to put out the same light.

nath

nath

dont think that CMH runs cooler thats a myth,There still hot.A watt of electricity is gonna produce a watt of heat,If you want cooler go LED.you will need around 400 watts of COB or board to put out the same light.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Do you have to use AC with your dual 315 setup?

Holy shit you documented so much work! It looks like you went from raptors to adjust a wings last year? Can you tell me why you switched?

Do you have a post or a vid that documents your SCROG and topping process? All the vids I could find in those links were dead.

Thanks!

D

DrDankPHD

This is how I would setup take 8" inline for suck air out attach to carbon filter.

Another 8 in on bottom pushing air in.

2 315 are better. Better light control and spread. Yes they are cooler then HPS but not by much.

Glass block par and Uv so I wouldn't use cooled hood it's ineffcient. Glass absorbs some of the energy turns into heat.

Wear glasses when in there. CMH emits UV shits bad for your eyes. HPS and strong light are general bad for your eyes.

Hurcaine 8 inch fans are cheap work great.
I speed control mine down to half power.

Good thing with HPS or cmh. U can use lux meter which way cheaper then my 500 dollar apogee par meter. To measure light at the canopy.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

1 no
2 cool tubes suck just as bad...open hood if you can
3 i lobe that brand
4 you need 400 cfm per 4x4x7 area...it helps in summer a lot

Top Bottom