4x4 Sog Questions

• Thread starter tiramisu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tiramisu

Assuming: My objective is to optimize for yield per kilowatt hour and weight per year per square foot.

I've been noodling on setting up a 4x4 ebb and flow / DWC table in a tent and doing a SOG with many clones straight to flower ( 36/49/64 ) under 600 real watts of the lm301b's. I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems like sea of green has become unfashionable. Many responses to this type of question that I have read seem to confuse SOG with SCRog and go off the rails immediately.

Is there a technical reason that sea of green has gone out of fashion or is this mostly a matter of trees are more impressive to look at rather than focusing on maximizing yield per kilowatt/hour or yield per year?

It seems to me like this would be the preferred way for growing within the constraints of small space and limited power footprint yet all the pictures I see are of small trees in 20-gallon pots.

thanks for any insight
t.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Our low plant count allowances are why we grow bushes and trees. We need to maximize yield per plant.

But a traditional sea of green like you describe in this thread is the fastest turnover and maximizes yield per square foot the best in my opinion.

Also shorter cycle less time for problems. Easy to set up an 8 week turnover perpetually using a clone room.

I make things difficult for myself. I grow and harvest a different seed plant of a sativa leaning hybrid usually every week or two. I do it for perpetual variety. And the mixed trim and small and loose buds make fantastic edibles.

Top Bottom