4x4 Tent Led Setup

• Thread starter McLeafy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McLeafy

Hey everyone. New here. After a 15 year break from growing I am back at it. I have a question though. I have never used a tent before and have never used LED before. I currently have a 10x8 conventional room nut I want to expand a bit. So in my 4x4 tent I was considering running three 600w LED. I understand distance and burn issues in theory. My question is...what is the max LED wattage for a 4x4 tent in your experience. Thanks in advance!

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Hey everyone. New here. After a 15 year break from growing I am back at it. I have a question though. I have never used a tent before and have never used LED before. I currently have a 10x8 conventional room nut I want to expand a bit. So in my 4x4 tent I was considering running three 600w LED. I understand distance and burn issues in theory. My question is...what is the max LED wattage for a 4x4 tent in your experience. Thanks in advance!

I don't know about 'MAX' led wattage but people tend to target 35 to 50 watts per square foot of output led wattage for blooming. for vegging, they target 25 watts per square foot. My bloom tent 4x8 is using roughly 9o0 watts of COBs so I'm a little lite at 28 watts per square foot but I'm really not using the whole tent. I may add more COBs in the future.

M

McLeafy

I don't know about 'MAX' led wattage but people tend to target 35 to 50 watts per square foot of output led wattage for blooming. for vegging, they target 25 watts per square foot. My bloom tent 4x8 is using roughly 9o0 watts of COBs so I'm a little lite at 28 watts per square foot but I'm really not using the whole tent. I may add more COBs in the future.
That is "true" wattage not package wattage. Correct?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

That is "true" wattage not package wattage. Correct?
well, there's wall wattage and then there's LED wattage. in my case, the COB that I'm using is a 36.2V device and i'm driving them with a constant current of 1.4a .... 36.2 x 1.4 = 50.68 watts per COB * 18 cobs = 912 LED watts. from the wall, I'm drawing a little over 1000 watts. The difference is the 6% energy loss from the drivers that's turned into heat.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Are you going to buy real, nice leds?

Or the cheaps on az? I have a 300 w galaxy hydro n I keep it 10-14 inches off the canopy.

It's a weak light. I plan to buy a $250/300 300w soon.

So question is, what is your budget for a light? I have that plus 7 23 w cfls n still bought a t5, with 2 4" 54w bulbs. Cuz I needed more kight

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I dunno about max wattage, but you could run two or three of the 600W that I am using, this one, https://www.amazon.com/HIGROW-Optical-Spectrum-Greenhouse-Hydroponic/dp/B01HYUO9VY and you would be well lit indeed.

M

McLeafy

I decided to run 3 600w visparspectra. Fingers crossed

Dan789

Dan789

Tough to have too much light, just like money. You'll never miss that $160 and if you don't you'll always wonder how great a difference the third fixture would've made.
Though for my choice it would've been the six cob Timber setup which wouldn't have been that much more.

Brandon7861

Brandon7861

Higrows 600. Stay away from those double chips leds there bad

Latest posts

Top Bottom