4x8 Tent 2 Lights Fox Farm Grow

• Thread starter Garlitz7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Well put. Knowing what I know now tho I doubt I’ll ever run my hps again. Who knows tho. I feel the cmh s still put off enough heat for winter... I’m just realizing now we are being ding dongs here lol. Sorry op.
View attachment 841543 View attachment 841544 View attachment 841545 Just added another light in my flower tent. One 600w phlizon and one 1200 phlizon led I thought I would stick with the same brand.. I just put one under each light, the 1200w under my bushier northern light plant. The 600w under my taller Afghan kush. I’m using fox farm and have been feeding once a week when I water. My temps usually stay at about 77 through the day but drop to 68ish at night. And I upgraded my 2x2 veg tent with 2 60w cfls. I had 30w ones and they just didn’t seem to like em. The bigger one is Blackberry OG and the smaller ones are white widows. What do y’all think? This is still my second grow so any advice or comments would be sweet.

Lookin good dude. Sweet setup. Your temps sound good. What you got for air movement? Although those lights prob run cool your plants will still need lots of fresh air unless you use co2

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I wouldn’t say garbage but the hidden cost to run them is something most new growers don’t think about. If I can save $10-20/month just on electricity that adds up quickly and that’s just a small personal setup. It gets exponentially larger as you add more. Add into that the life expectancy of a good led grow light and it’s 10-20 years of energy savings. At $10/month for 10 years that’s $1200 or more.

When you compare that to hps and mh fixtures which need new bulbs every 9-12 months the savings add up even quicker. Imo there’s no reason not to go with good quality led lights. Even if you have to start smaller and build out.
I would call them garbage. Piles of stinky garbage. Except black dog, that’s like golden shit. A huge golden dog turd.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

If we are talking steamy piles of poo garbage we gotta bring faircannacare and other dangerous moldy “bud” that some poor bastards who don’t grow their own (regardless of light source) put in their bodies. Sorry just had to call faircannacare out cause they are absolute filth. Even your ol uncle would use blurps or cfls before paying to be poisoned

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Well put. Knowing what I know now tho I doubt I’ll ever run my hps again. Who knows tho. I feel the cmh s still put off enough heat for winter... I’m just realizing now we are being ding dongs here lol. Sorry op.

Lookin good dude. Sweet setup. Your temps sound good. What you got for air movement? Although those lights prob run cool your plants will still need lots of fresh air unless you use co2
I gotta carbon filter for the 4x8 tent

DismalDude

DismalDude

It’s the amount of light being produced per watt. The high efficiency leds that are being used put off very little wasted energy in the form of heat. In fact I’ve had to dim the boards in order to keep from burning the plants. When I first got it I figured I’d turn it almost all the way up. That was a mistake. My plants started to burn and bleach from the amount of light and distance. Due to space constraints I can’t really raise the lights much more so I had to turn them down.

Compared to the burples I was running I’m using about 1/3 of the electricity for what I can only assume is even more light than they were getting before. The burples put out a good amount of heat which now I realize is just wasted energy. Not only do they use cheap inefficient drivers but the leds themselves put off a decent amount of heat and wasted energy.

I’m fairly new to quantum boards myself so I’m not the best resource for their efficiency other than I’m experiencing it first hand and am having a hard time quantifying the difference in watts drawn vs the amount of light produced.

I was turned on to them by @Buzzer777 and others on here who swear by them and I can attest that they are far more efficient at their duty than anything else I’ve ever seen.

In my veg chamber for example I had 216w of T-5 flouros and it was fairly dim. I added 200w of led lights from a fixture I was given to test out and burned the shit out of my plants. I had to install a dimmer and have it turned down to about 80 watts now and the plants are much happier and it’s still a good 25% brighter than it was with the T-5s. This fixture when I took it apart uses similar leds and driver to the quantum boards just in a slightly different configuration. My guess is they use last gen leds but are still very bright and efficient. I went from having an average day time temp of 83-86 inside my grow rack to barely being able to hit 73. It stays at a constant 69-70 at night when my flowering lights are off.

That’s a difference of 10+ degrees in heat and wasted energy just by upgrading to newer technology. To be able to grow in the rack and use an average total of 235 watts per hour with everything running is amazing imo. It costs more to heat a waterbed, use a deep freezer, charge a laptop, run your refrigerator, use a slow cooker than it does to grow plants with high efficient leds. And I don’t mean a combination of those I’m talking any single one of those things vs my grow rack in its current configuration. That’s mind boggling.

Like I said I’m not the best at explaining this it’s just some testing I’ve done using a kill-a-watt meter plugged into my surge protector but I’ll attach two pics to this post that show the watt usage when my flowering lights are on and off. I run my veg lights, fans and in-line ventilation 24/7.

View attachment 841562
The above image is when everything is on including my flowering lights.

View attachment 841561
The pic above is when everything is on except my flowering lights.

I run 11 hours with my flowering lights on and 13 hours with them off.

View attachment 841563
Sorry to go off topic but did you buy that board or make it? I'm interested,getting ready to drop some $ to fill a 4x4.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry to go off topic but did you buy that board or make it? I'm interested,getting ready to drop some $ to fill a 4x4.

It was a kit. I bought it from growerslignts.com. It was delivered on a Saturday at 4:20pm ;-)

It wasn’t hard to put together. I took my time and soldered the leads so they wouldn’t fray. All in all it took me about 30 minutes to assemble. If I did another it would take less than 15 minutes.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

21014C20 4E28 42D1 A267 BFAC4EAEF839
21751FBC 0ECF 42EC 95E2 CEBC6ED7AB4F
21014C20 4E28 42D1 A267 BFAC4EAEF839
21751FBC 0ECF 42EC 95E2 CEBC6ED7AB4F
Just completed my drying a week ago, put them in some jars and they turned out pretty good. My northern light(more orange hairs) yielded 24 grams and my Afghan kush yielded 18 grams. So 42 all together isn’t too bad but there’s always room for improvement! You guys helped me out thank you. Already got 3 plants starting to flower up now

Top Bottom