50 Plant Grow Room 16 X 16

• Thread starter singlorigin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ahh, that makes sense. yeah if the ambient outdoor temp is normally higher than 26c, I'd also run sealed with Co2 out of necessity. maybe 3 months a year is it hotter than that here lol. I also rely on my HID and dehu ar night for heat lol.
Even what works for you and me is different I’d imagine. We’ve had -40 for weeks and from my visits to the west coast I remember it being above freezing half the time in winter. I’m gonna guess you deal with humidity I know nothing about tho eh

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I’d be rippin on hps also if I lived down south lol. F&$@ that heat I’d be running straight LEDs too haha. Imagine growing indoors in Texas

O

Ogbullriderguy

When growing for substantial yields the cost of running HVAC and co2 is nominal. Even in a small set up changing the propane tanks takes 2 minutes but w large set ups we run a gas or propane line into the rooms. Also when investing a lot of money Into a large operation no one would risk not using c02. There is no room for guessing games or hopes it's done right or not at all. But like you shown for a small personal smoke set up it may not be critical though those buds look great they may be even better w c02.

Right, no Co2 added to my grow. My fan cycles on about every 10-15 min this time of year to keep temp between 22-26c. It changes the air plenty keeping C02 levels well adequate and comparible with the outdoors.

With a sealed Co2 system you are paying for an AC and dehu to run constantly ($$$), You are paying for Co2 and constantly changing bottles or tanks,... You're dependent on zero air leaks and all that monitoring equipment to be working properly... Just doesnt seem worth it to me. And I weighed the idea quite heavily designing my shed.

This is all grown just from sucking air through the shed. Seems to be doing just fine without added Co2.View attachment 856377 View attachment 856379 View attachment 856378 View attachment 856380

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When growing for substantial yields the cost of running HVAC and co2 is nominal. Even in a small set up changing the propane tanks takes 2 minutes but w large set ups we run a gas or propane line into the rooms. Also when investing a lot of money Into a large operation no one would risk not using c02. There is no room for guessing games or hopes it's done right or not at all. But like you shown for a small personal smoke set up it may not be critical though those buds look great they may be even better w c02.

I hear you. Control is important for the big setups. But the guy I got these plants from grows in a sealed room with Co2 and we dont see much difference between his and mine. Infact he was the one who urged me not to bother with Co2.

O

Ogbullriderguy

I hear you. Control is important for the big setups. But the guy I got these plants from grows in a sealed room with Co2 and we dont see much difference between his and mine. Infact he was the one who urged me not to bother with Co2.

I bet you would see a difference in yield for sure even if you got 1/4 more per plant you wouldn't notice w a few plants but w 100 or 300 it adds up. I have seen great buds from small closet set ups w no co2 and seen terrible airy buds w no co2 ftom similar ones. But those buds in the pics look nice for sure

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I bet you would see a difference in yield for sure even if you got 1/4 more per plant you wouldn't notice w a few plants but w 100 or 300 it adds up. I have seen great buds from small closet set ups w no co2 and seen terrible airy buds w no co2 ftom similar ones. But those buds in the pics look nice for sure

And that's why my buddy uses it. It does increase yield no doubt. But he thinks mine is actually more resinous than his, mind you I think they're about equal.

For me an extra 1/4 per plant would be about 2 oz total. Not worth the extra expense of AC and Co2.

O

Ogbullriderguy

And that's why my buddy uses it. It does increase yield no doubt. But he thinks mine is actually more resinous than his, mind you I think they're about equal.

For me an extra 1/4 per plant would be about 2 oz total. Not worth the extra expense of AC and Co2.

I was just using an arbitrary number when I said 1/4 oz just to make the point on a large scale it could be huge, but. It could be alot more than 1/4z. If I had to bet I'd say if you normally got 5 ozs a plant youd get closer to 7 . But theres other variables. Anyway it cant hurt .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was just using an arbitrary number when I said 1/4 oz just to make the point on a large scale it could be huge, but. It could be alot more than 1/4z. If I had to bet I'd say if you normally got 5 ozs a plant youd get closer to 7 . But theres other variables. Anyway it cant hurt .

If this was commercial and I were doing this for money... sure. But its personal use. I just dont see the need to spend multiple thousands of dollars on an AC unit, Co2 tank, regulator, controller etc... and then the running costs associated with that equipment... I already have more pot than I can smoke.

That said, I do plan to install a cheap wall banger AC this summer. If it seals up well enough I might give it a shot... But I dont think so. I'd still have to fork out over an extra thou for the controller/reg and tank. There are too many other things I'd rather spend a thou on.

And I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm not unfamiliar with running Co2, I have in large medi grows that I DG'd in the past, and several of my friends still do. I just dont want the hassle and dont need it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Even what works for you and me is different I’d imagine. We’ve had -40 for weeks and from my visits to the west coast I remember it being above freezing half the time in winter. I’m gonna guess you deal with humidity I know nothing about tho eh

Here the climate outside is between 0-25 celcius for 9-10 months of the year. Rarely drops below freezing. Closer to 30 in the summer.

Humidity, surprisingly not so much. I mean its wet in the winter, but it's also usually fairly cool, so the RH outside could be 90%, but once you bring it inside and warm it up there is very little actual moisture held in the air and the RH plummets. With a small 4" fan running constantly my indoor RH can dip well below 40% at 22-26 celcius between Sept-June. Even lower in the summer. And that's usually how I finish the plants for the last week. I'll also set the heater lower so it gets both cool and dry in the dark period. But it's too dry for Veg or even early flower. Which is why I use the temp controller and light intensity to control humidity. its complicated lol..

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Here the climate outside is between 0-25 celcius for 9-10 months of the year. Rarely drops below freezing. Closer to 30 in the summer.

Humidity, surprisingly not so much. I mean its wet in the winter, but it's also usually fairly cool, so the RH outside could be 90%, but once you bring it inside and warm it up there is very little actual moisture held in the air and the RH plummets. With a small 4" fan running constantly my indoor RH can dip well below 40% at 22-26 celcius between Sept-June. Even lower in the summer. And that's usually how I finish the plants for the last week. I'll also set the heater lower so it gets both cool and dry in the dark period. But it's too dry for Veg or even early flower. Which is why I use the temp controller and light intensity to control humidity. its complicated lol..
I do a similar thing but less refined than you. I totally get what your sayin

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol, years ago I used to have a small 2x2x6' fridge I converted to a grow box and right beside it was my beer fermentation chamber, so ne day I got the wise idea to plumb my Co2 blowoff tube from the fermenter into the grow box.

Didn't make a damn lick of difference lol. But seemed cool at the time

Top Bottom