50 site cloner/veg aeroponic unit. a few unique mods

• Thread starter Xceptional
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bngrips

First off awesome cloners, I was just curious of a couple things, what size submersible pump do you use, and for how long dow you have to run the cloner every day and on average how long does it take to clone? I am a newbie and I have some seeds, but not enough to provide myself with the quanity I am allowed.[/QUOTE

just built my first one. I used the roughneck 35 gal with the handles that snap on the sides. I have a sunleaves 396gph pump. this pumped 10 gallons of solution just fine. The adjustable dial is turned all the way down so I guess you could go smaller,depends on the size of your tote. I left it on 24/7 and had roots in a week

S

strawD

yah i've made lots of these they are pretty easy and variable, you can get dif. sized neoprene, i saw one made with styrofoam pipe insulation, i've seen pool floatie (noodles) and many other things. any size tub can be used, and with a biger hole saw and another lid yo ucan use the same unit that you clone in to veg for a while. I do not recommend flowering in the flimsy tubs because stuff gets too he avy, if you had a scrog canopy that was supported by something other than the tub then that would work.

B

BoogerGreen

Do you need to put a humidity dome over these?

I was just thinking that, and going to assk that as well, as it would be a hassle to get a dome to fit over one of these.

Got the net pots , and neoprene collars, and have the sprayers, and pump and stuff and a couple totes/bins I could use.

One question for peoples who are doing stuff like this!

I see everyone using solid PVC for their manifolds, which looks sturdy and solid and wouldnt move. I was thinking about whether you could just use the black tubing (16mm or something like that) the one that connects up to pump outlets, use a few L shaped corners, and/or T ones to make something like this and then just secure it up in the bing with something, in a similiar shape to the solid white PVC manifolds that everyone is making/using?

Its just when you have materials on hand it is sometimes nicer to just use those up rather than buyinf new stuff! Has anyone ever used the flexibe tubing for cloner manifolds?

X

Xceptional

thanks. i have never used a dome and everything works fine. if you build this unit i would not use those inserts they suck balls. first issue is they are way to firm and i had to use a pair of scissors to cut a hole into them so i didnt choke off the stem. i had some clones not popping when i only had like 10 in the unit and i think it was because so much light was getting in through the holes i cut in the inserts because those are so firm and non spongy they dont close up the hole so with a 50 site cloner and only using 10 of them there were 40 pinholes of light shooting into the res. i covered up the unused sites and the clones popped in a few days. could just have been timing but i dont think so i''m switching to regular ez clone inserts.

also I'll probably glue down the net cup lid because they fall out too easy when you lift the lid open.

G

Gro

yep 11/64 and u can use a 10x24 tap so u can thread the holes for the emitters.so much better that way!

X

Xceptional

i've had no leaking even on smaller manifolds with the same size pump without threading. it's cleaner for sure and i do have a cloner manifold that came from a power cloner that is tapped and it's nice but i would not spend the extra $ on doing it if i didn't have a 10x24 tap already IMO. we're not talking about a lot of pressure here they self thread enough to keep things water tight.

G

Gro

u got a point about the x-tra cost.i have tools up the ying yang from my day job.....lol.

X

Xceptional

yeah ECSD that's what happens when you spare no expense then go cheap on inserts. them are E-Bay's finest right there and them things are straight garbage. I'm never going to use that type again wayyyyyy to stiff.

J

Jalisco Kid

I only read the first page so I do not know if you did this already.
The support risers for your manifold has water in it not circulating. I drill holes in the bottom caps so the pvc can drain that water out. You just have to keep going to a bigger hole till you start losing pressure at the emitters. JK

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

JK you are so insightful man i never thought about that even with the power cloner manifold i have doesn't have those holes in the bottom. really good call I'm going to do that before i run it again.

I

innercityphunk

Nice DIY. thnx for the pics. makes it much easier.
I just picked up all the stuff I need to make me one. I'm doing a 50 site setup. using the 54 gal rubbermaid and just like u said, upside-down it fits tight.

I lucked out, my dro shop hooked up the red sprayers and ez inserts para gratis. I have a danner 950 mag not being used. I was thinking about hooking it up externally to keep that extra heat out of the unit. mabey a small loop out then back in. but that just sounded a bit over engineered. well see.
thnx again. icp

Icp

Latest posts

Top Bottom