5k 4site UCPRO possible for a 10.7x10.7x7 Tent grow

• Thread starter THC4U
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

THC4U

Hello fellow farmers,

anyone know if the new ucpro will fit in a 10x10x7 tent? Running 5k Vert. Think it might have enough head heights as well as sides

S

SofaKingHigh

A bit tight IMO. The bulbs would be dangerously close to the plastic lined tent fabric and make it impossible to get in there to do anything.

Maybe a custom spaced 13gal system would work better. As the PRO4 looks to be for big mammas and calls for 9-13kw.

What would you like to see as far as yield? I don't see the ability to have anything larger than a pound plant given the space and average veg times.

So it becomes a matter of effective use of space and watts. A 5x10' with 2kw and an 8XL can push 4Lbs with the right DNA ScrOGged. Just some food for thought.

T

THC4U

yeah thought they might be too small of an area for that footprint. My goal really is to produce around 10pack in the 10.7 x 10.7 x 7ft tent grow. Would you suggest vertical setup would be a better choice given this circumstance? Appreciated:mad0233:

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Now I don't know either I just purchased a 4 xxl13 UC 40" center it gets here next weeks
I also have a 10x10x7 tent I was planning on doing a 5 light vert grow but not 1000 but more like 750w cause I have 5 badass ballast and the dimmer is 500,750,1000 so I guess that won't work either?

M

mrdizzle

I do not think 5k would work but you could run 3400w in a 10.7x10.7 tent, 1000w int he middle and 600's on the outside

you will need the right strain, and the plants should be layed out as an X vs a + if that makes sense, so that the bulb is adjacent a flat wall vs sitting in the corner,

height shouldnt be a problem, the UC pro sits low

"Rolando Mota 30 gal coco girls "on a different site does a 4 plant 3400w in a 10x10 room, got 28oz per plant

I used to do 5plants, 4000w, in a 10x11 room,

and my ceilings were only 7.5 and the plants sat 2ft off the ground due to the 2 toughboxes

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks for the reply Mr dizzle thank maybe I'll use the 4 bell lighting non vented hoods I have laying around so 4 750w do you guys think I'll have good results thanks for the help once again guys

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I do not think 5k would work but you could run 3400w in a 10.7x10.7 tent, 1000w int he middle and 600's on the outside

you will need the right strain, and the plants should be layed out as an X vs a + if that makes sense, so that the bulb is adjacent a flat wall vs sitting in the corner,

height shouldnt be a problem, the UC pro sits low

"Rolando Mota 30 gal coco girls "on a different site does a 4 plant 3400w in a 10x10 room, got 28oz per plant

I used to do 5plants, 4000w, in a 10x11 room,

and my ceilings were only 7.5 and the plants sat 2ft off the ground due to the 2 toughboxes

Of every UC configuration i have ever seen, this is the worst.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

The 13 is too large for this room configuration, and any advantage that the pro gives beyond the 13 will be totally lost on it.

Even then i recommend 12 foot ceiling hight for the 13. 9-10 will work if you need to force it but at 7 your going to be in a constant war with plant size.

Should the hight problem be solved your still not left with enough room. A design like this will make every single work experience inside of it a nightmare.

Its paying too much to not achieve the goals of the room while having to work harder to not achieve them.

M

mrdizzle

not true IMO, anything about a 5ft plant and your not going to be happy with the results using vertical light, unless your able to add overhead lighting to sub the vertical which he is not going to be able to in a tent, knowing your strain and fliping at the right time is going to be clutch, however

the pro sits 12inch off the floor, so that leaves 6ft of vertical growth. just because he is using the pro doesnt mean he needs to use 10k to light it, he has to grow the right sized plant for the space allowed. DHF pulled 9-10packs out of a 10x10x7.5 room for years with a 50/50 sativa/indica

Im assuming he wants low plant count of he wouldnt have bought a 4site UC. a 4tallx5ftwide plant with the right strain can yeild 2lbs, while its not a 10pack I would be very happy with 8lbs off of 3400ws

like I said, I fit 5 huge caseys in a 10x11x7.5, that hit the ceiling, and I yeiled over 1gpw and these plants 4x in size after flip, I just had to tie them back to the cage supports and everything was all good

to work around in there, flip off the lights and it shouldnt be a problem

if you all will remember DD had a log of 9k in a 10x10 room with 4 plants, although he claimed to get 32lbs which is bullshit

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Over-buying, over-working, under-yielding, etc etc.

Those are all issues that can be worked around if they come up during a grow.

But why in the world would you build problems into a room design?

Start over and you will find a better way to meet your needs.

M

mrdizzle

on this page is a picture of a 848gram blackberry kush plant, sitting on 2 toughboxes, in a 7.5ft tall room with headroom to spare, now use a plant that is a heavy yeilder, and you could have a smaller plant with the same yeilds

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Again, thats easily do-able with a 13 (overbuying).

Having a tiny window of plant size thats acceptable (overworking).

Inability to move in the room (overworking).

Heat, humidity, and mold issues arising from lack of space (under yielding).

The goal of a room design is to create a machine that works, not a series of problems to overcome.

no?

M

mrdizzle

again Im assuming he wants to run 4 plants only, 4 trees with out produce 4 scrog I believe

if your issuse your talking about is using the UC pro, then yes, skip it, totally unnecessary, the pro is unnecessary in any set up IMO

Im more dealing with growing 4 trees in a 10x10.

if he uses a ucpro then he drops a little more coin to start, but it wont hurt him, just more nutes to chill, neither would using a 13g set up, or a 5gal bucket of coco, only thing that changes is vegtime, you limited by the size your finished plant can get

personally I would put 25 plants under 9 600ws, in a 10x10 with simple coco DTW

M

mrdizzle

agree to disagree, it could easily be done, as I have proved by several photos of 5 trees in a 10x11x7.5 room

OP asked if it could be "done", I say yes, you say no, the rest is up to him

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Guys I understand desert point of overworking and not working smart and dizzel that it can be done unforunate I'm not in a medically approved state that being said I'm in an apartment so space is very limited just have a 10x10x7 tent and wanted to maximis the most I can with a 13 gal 4 site UC cause of all the great results that I've seen here on the farm I actually coping desertsquerrial exact instruction have them in aeroflo stage 2 part just wanted to know if 5 750w vert or 4 1000w with hoods Bell lighting
Didn't mean to start a headed debate but thanks for all the great info And I'm not using the pro only 13 gal 40" center

M

mrdizzle

no heated debate, if your dead set on a UC-4, then I would have UC make it a 50-60 in centers and run the 5-750ws vertical. I dont think you will be happy with the yeild off of 4 plants with overhead lighting, even if you spend hours scroging .

IMO much harders to get a monster yeild with overhead lighting and low plant count vs vertical lighting with low plant count

now since your in a non med state, your in trouble no matter what if you get caught, so personally I would forget the UC, and just run 25 coco buckets with overhead lighting DTW, it will probably give you 100% chance you will harvest, It would suck risking all that heat and have a crop fail on you a month in using rdwc

Top Bottom