5x5 Flower Suggestions Please

• Thread starter ahemait
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ahemait

ahemait

Alright, I hate asking for help but the community here seems really good. Big respect for that!

I have a 5x5 tent that's being under utilised right now. What would the more experienced folk here suggest? I've looked at rapid and timber. I have electricians on staff for assembly if needed. Strictly for flowering.

I'd like to keep it under a grand if possible.

Plants will be small, at most a month of veg so height never becomes an issue. You can check my grow diary if you want an idea of the structure of them.

What else to say? I think that's it?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I think you can cover a five-by-five with Timber cobs for under a grand. Never used them but I heard they are the bomb.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Ante up bud

Or you ll buy stuff now n better replacements in 6 months.

Ask me how I know?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I'm thinking you could put together a 9 or 12 COB system pretty easily for under $1k, my 18 COB system came in at just around $1400 and works great for my 4x8 bloom tent. Just finished trimming out 34 ounces from my last grow of 6 plants and I think I can do even better if I fix a few issues I had with my tent environment...

rough rule of thumb: vegging at around 25 watts per square foot, Blooming at 35 to 50 watts per square foot.

ahemait

ahemait

I'm thinking you could put together a 9 or 12 COB system pretty easily for under $1k, my 18 COB system came in at just around $1400 and works great for my 4x8 bloom tent. Just finished trimming out 34 ounces from my last grow of 6 plants and I think I can do even better if I fix a few issues I had with my tent environment...

rough rule of thumb: vegging at around 25 watts per square foot, Blooming at 35 to 50 watts per square foot.
I paid great attention to your thread sir.

ahemait

ahemait

Well timber is out of the question. They support riu and that's the most toxic place I've seen in awhile, won't be giving them any of my $$$. I get that it is business but I've seen way too much misinformation and disinformation from that place to support it even indirectly.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Six GrowGreen 200w would work. They use 5.886x18 heatsinksusa and meanwell hlg-185h-c1050a/b driver deliver 575 ppfd @24" and 1250@12"

gwheels

gwheels

who cares about exchange...I am in Canada too and I paid about 600 bucks for a timber vero 200 watt for my growbox.

Why....because it is the bomb. I am running a 315 CMH in a 4 x 4 now too. I have a 550 watt MCOB too.

I might sell the 315 and 550 and get a 600 watt timber 4 x 4 fixture and stop dealing with heat :D

Get a timber light and I guarantee you will not regret it. I am an older dude so I hate regrets. DO EEEETTT

The entry cost is nothing. The LP charge 7 to 12 a gram. So that is 200 to 350 an ounce. Two or 3 grows and you are paying for seeds and water. I am down to less than 20 an ounce at the moment. Imagine that.

The Timber frameworks are beautiful. Dan does it right and you can save a bit to do it yourself but having a fixture come ready to plug in is pretty sweet. It happened to me this week.

I offer only advice my friend. Do what you wish. PEACE !!!!

ahemait

ahemait

Alright, if money is not an object, buy me one and I'll get you back in instalments, kthx!

Lulz

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Alright, if money is not an object, buy me one and I'll get you back in installments, kthx!

Lulz

lol, yeah, I know, the upfront cost can hurt at first and it's kind of a leap of faith that you can get things going. I used Credit cards and then paid them off.

My first setup was actually fairly expensive because I didn't know what I needed, so I bought really expensive gear(gorilla tent, PlatinumLED p600 light). I could have cut that cost in half easily and got the same results. My first grow, was kind of small but it did pay for all the equipment.

ahemait

ahemait

Well to be fair, you can actually hang a gorilla worth of weight in one of those tents. Mine is at capacity for weight just with three mars led. Bowing and shit. But hey $225 5x5 tent.

I think I'll just keep watching growmau5 until I get my confidence up.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Well to be fair, you can actually hang a gorilla worth of weight in one of those tents. Mine is at capacity for weight just with three mars led. Bowing and shit. But hey $225 5x5 tent.

I think I'll just keep watching growmau5 until I get my confidence up.

yeah, no doubt the gorilla tent ($400) is built better. I bought a Vivosun 4x4 tent for my mothers for almost 1/4 the price, I was so impressed with the vivosun that I bought a 4x8 vivosun tent for my bloom tent for $200. I'm currently hanging 18 COBs with heatsinks and frames, and a vortex 600 6" fan from the ceiling, it's holding up fine.

what I'm basically saying is I didn't "need" to buy that quality of a tent and I could of save myself $300 };-)

ahemait

ahemait

Indeed. I was merely noting that, on occasion, the bigger price tag come along with better quality/capacity.

Maybe I'll just source my own shit from China like my homie did.

ahemait

ahemait

I got an Internet fiend on staff, he sourced all his materials from alliexpress. He's really good at filtering through data, I'll see if he's willing to do that for me.

Top Bottom