6 Month Old Sativa Gets Transplanted; Turns Bald; Panick Ensues....

• Thread starter Alastasian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alastasian

Alastasian

Hello all - if at all possible by all means let me tell you a story, a short one - but it needs and ending; as the ending i seem to be formulating at best is lackluster. Im a cuban (actually FROM Cuba) and i knew going in 6 months ago from seed that this was going to take some time. Either way the plant grew to 22inches in veg before i flipped her to 12/12. Everything beyond expectation (the organic nutes and experience here are insane) Then the rootbound concern happend. It was previously in a 5 gal container and i moved it to a 10 gal insulated (but drains - SLOWLY i found out). One of them dont have a choice at the moment since places like Oceanforest and FoxFarm et al have a small issue since cuban pesos are all i have left and they arnt exactly popular around these parts.

HOWEVER in comes the usual neighborhood watch which i know as communist bullshit (what we say when things start to get fucked over cause the neighborhood watch/snitch comes to visit for "coffee" and hints at shit - esa porqueria comunista ya esta molestando de nuevo) that has me transplanting correctly albeit in quite a hurry. In itself however watering+ was not thoroughly enough for reasons that shall be visually obvious shortly - i watered it enough i thought - 2 gal with nothing but 1tsp of molases. No aggressors or stress noted previously. By day 4 the fan leaves i leave in each cola as canaries (old hat suggestion i took ages ago) actually turned canary yellow. the irony. This happened as methodical as can be - then the main leaves, then i see miniature buds forming as of three days ago. It seems to have sugar leaves that look better in this pix than en vivo per se. I was giving it 14 full weeks to flower starting Dec 1. When i cut whatever those smaller side branches 3 days ago

The fan you see is to hurry that flushing along. For reaons that im still wondering about the soil seems to be somewhat more compacted after that initial watering - however it was soil of excellent quality (for here anyway). pH checked out. That bulb is halogen to help dry out soil faster. Pot is at a 10-12 degree angle to promote gravitational settling/flushing process to finish.

So to my question: any recommendations based on experience that dont involve spending more than 20 bucks? I'm disabled and dealing with the aftereffects of lymphoma so money is as tight as what you dream about at night.

Please help!

Alastasian

6 month old sativa gets transplanted turns bald panick ensues
6 month old sativa gets transplanted turns bald panick ensues 2
6 month old sativa gets transplanted turns bald panick ensues 3
6 month old sativa gets transplanted turns bald panick ensues 4
6 month old sativa gets transplanted turns bald panick ensues 5
6 month old sativa gets transplanted turns bald panick ensues 6
Dbear180

Dbear180

Not being negative, being honest. Save all your time & effort from here on out & toss the plant & all that cheap "i made it work" equipment away. You do your self no favors trying to cheap out on indoor growing. EVERY piece of equipment i have has paid for itself over time by giving me top quality & performance that lasts. That dirt looks like clay, if your not draining, your drowning.

Alastasian

Alastasian

Its the overall mission bro - not worth your time - got it.

Also one small assumption - thats a recovery room not a grow room. lol. I grow outside. OUTSIDE. See that pot? - it weights 65lbs - i carry outside every morning - with love. So i suppose your lights are 24hr - mine vary from 10-12 hrs depending on the cycle that has been around for approximately 4.8 billion years (dont quote me on that lol). My apologies on aggressiveness but assumptions dont do well with me.

When was the last time a still breathing 6 month old moribund plant was tossed without an attempt? wasting an opportunity to learn more and experiment? weres all the love brother? These are my girls and this ones still breathing. Sheesh - i feel sorry for anyone you have DNR rights on.

Indeed - if your seen this plant not three weeks ago. im glad things worked out so well. Perhaps i one day will have whatever you do - till then until my girls DNA stops RNA transcription i dont give up - but hey thats me brother. However i do appreciate your time-saving advice - if i would take it i could - but i cant toss a breathing girl sorry.

Any other folks hoping to have a discussion on plant recovery for recoverys sake? Again this is not my GROW OP. These are the fucked up ones i experiment on and have recovered things seemingly unrecoverable before. I give up on a plant when it gives up on me.

The soil looks as thus due to air-forced drying testing a different topsoil mixture. Seriously. Thats a 1/2cm layer when you force dry. It leaves in a film deposit layer as evaporation is highly accelerated. Plant drainage time currently circia 45min - 1hr. still to long i know.

Alastasian

Alastasian

Alastasian

Looks like clay
Not exactly - air forceddrying in recovery room causes a film layer to deposit on rapid evap. This was a beyond beatuiful plant right before transplant. 5-6 month veg! It was my prima donna of this set.

Alastasian

Alastasian

Does that container have drainage holes? It looks to be drowning. You may want to put some more drainage holes around the sides, towards the bottom.

Yeah it does and i bored others as well - its really just a film layer on top as rapid evap always leaves a cm layer deep deposit. i remove it at the end of this process. Its from cycling the soil out with less than stellar amounts of pearlite (read: none).

At this point i see myself trying that warm shower with plant thing where you slowly remove the soil (remember - this took 6 months! i dont mind! im disabled and just waiting for a death date so - wtf? why not) to check the root system and if it checks out you drop it in a hydro setup on the filthly dirity dirt is cleared.

Advice tho - projects, theory on recovery, et al would be welcome.

Dbear180

Dbear180

You talked about only having pesos & growing outside & now your talking about moving over to a hydro system. You lost me. Good luck.

Dunge

Dunge

I that plant trying to flower?
Can't tell, but the pic sort of looks like it.
The only advise I can offer is to weigh the pot and measure the water transpiration rate.
I'd then add fresh water only to replace used water.
With a plant that sick you may be loosing more water through surface evaporation than transpiration.
Good luck

Alastasian

Alastasian

I that plant trying to flower?
Can't tell, but the pic sort of looks like it.
The only advise I can offer is to weigh the pot and measure the water transpiration rate.
I'd then add fresh water only to replace used water.
With a plant that sick you may be loosing more water through surface evaporation than transpiration.
Good luck

YES! i can do that and report metrics.

Yes - i had just put it in flower - two weeks out of a planned March 1st-15th harvest. im sure its under recovery of some sort as the plants internals are actually solid (bark and plant core beyond green and internally healthy as seen with clone cuttings). NO stems and very few nodes have fallen off and still has high levels of plasticity IMHO. New sugar leaves seem to be sprouting. Also this thing was looking like my next wife - beautiful and arrogant type growth. The soil WAS perfect. I sadly have grave issues "falling in the line" and have lived as a renegade since left the cuban army years ago. i grow to grow for a bunch of sick abandoned ex-soldiers. We didnt give up on each other either. Hah - veteran of a foreign war, never saw it like that. Angola sucks - that was our Vietnam.

Anyway im getting carried away. The pix below show this girl three weeks ago:

Ae0f92ea b3df 4c5d 9263 c643d6d8f571
3b5dcc0c fe13 4e14 b16f 6bc8aca407e6

Latest posts

Top Bottom