6 or 12 plants under 1000w HPS?

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paperplane

3 gallon smart pots. 6-9 under 1k 4x8. Anymore than that I say your pushing it. Unless you flip when they are still lil babies. As far as 15g I think that is way to big. Even 7's seem a lil big.

T

theslums

3 gallon smart pots. 6-9 under 1k 4x8. Anymore than that I say your pushing it. Unless you flip when they are still lil babies. As far as 15g I think that is way to big. Even 7's seem a lil big.

so u think i can pull over 3oz with a good strain and pheno in a 5gal?

Rushoe

Rushoe

Go with 6 if its all the same strain.Right now I am just about to get shit cracking with 6 chem ds put them in small cups for now cuz I'm not sure what size pot I wanna go with..I was thinking 6 plants in 3/5 gallon smart pots or hempy buckets with coco 5/6 week veg and 65/70 flower water once every other day.Or you could go nine with less veg time 30 days then flip 9 3 gallon buckets fit nice in a 4x4 space.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
so 10 gallon?

How long do u plan to veg for? like rushoe and paperplanes were saying is basically how it is done. If u want to hit around 2 lbs per light. just cuz u get a big pot doesn't always mean u will get big plants. You need to fill that pot with roots so a 10 gal pot will require at least 3-4 transplants. 1 gal for about 10-14 days once that pot is full and all plants have caught up with each other you will go into 3 gallon pots for about another 2 weeks. Once they are all even which will take about 10-14 days again. soem plants will jump ahead of others but its ok if they root bound just a bit u want the others to catch up. then u will go into a 5 gallon pot for another 2 weeks. Once the roots fill that pot u can jump to a 10 gal and give it about 2-3 weeks then flip. Thats like a 10 week veg. with that i wouldnt flower more then 4 plants maybe 5 in a dice pattern, cuz they will be big. With a strain like Chemdog D and that veg u will hit 8 oz per plant without co2. u will need to top and train right also. you want the roots to fill the pots , you want them plants eating. a 10 gal pot without 2 months veg would be a waste IMO.

T

theslums

im thinking about doing 7gallon pots. i go straight from 20oz cups or whatever they were in to 5gal and they grow! a month and there already 5ft and most were 8-10 inches. so i think im going to go with 7gal. thanks for the info twist

T

theslums

im thinking about doing 7gallon pots. i go straight from 20oz cups or whatever they were in to 5gal and they grow! a month and there already 5ft and most were 8-10 inches. so i think im going to go with 7gal. thanks for the info twist

ok so i i really dont kno what to do. 12plants is the limit in michigan. i care give for someone too so i have 24plants total. if i do less i need to be sure that im going to get close to 2lb.
my plants are good i veg in hps bulb and they grow as well as roots filling the 5gal pot in a month veg time. i feed them every 3days. im starting new crop sometime next week and i really appreciate everyones opinion. thank you all 4real. oh yea im using flora nova whole series.

ps. need to get it right this is what i do for a living gotta make it better

Jeezer

Jeezer

Put 16 dude you will veg for less time and you are more likely to yield well without significant experience. Dont be scared to crowd them up a bit. I ran 16 blue dream and pulled 2 elbows. I pull my blue dream at week 9.

T

theslums

im doing a legal grow 12 a patient. some strains like my purple kush wont yield too much and i got 3 bad phenos of the super lemon haze.cant wait til there done

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
HPS veg?

ok so i i really dont kno what to do. 12plants is the limit in michigan. i care give for someone too so i have 24plants total. if i do less i need to be sure that im going to get close to 2lb.
my plants are good i veg in hps bulb and they grow as well as roots filling the 5gal pot in a month veg time. i feed them every 3days. im starting new crop sometime next week and i really appreciate everyones opinion. thank you all 4real. oh yea im using flora nova whole series.

ps. need to get it right this is what i do for a living gotta make it better

this could make them stretch ..........whats your node spaceing like?
they need some blue light in veg ....yes
:harvest:

Jeezer

Jeezer

this could make them stretch ..........whats your node spaceing like?
they need some blue light in veg ....yes
:harvest:

I veg with hps as well and always have. Cant complain about the results.

shoestring

shoestring

Old ass post. But here it is. Ive grown every which way till sunday for many years. From small warehouses to big basements and in several states since the early 90's. Number one factor in hitting numbers is strain (variety). I can not stress this enough. Some like to be vegged longer to give up weight and will yield shit if you try and veg.it for 12 days. Some give up the goods no matter what you do. Once you find that strain its all about dialing.in your room and equipment around them plants man. With thousand watters the trend now adays is bare bulb and growing.some medium to large sized trees. Some use big.pots some use smaller pots (coco). I used to prefer the latter when going bare or with vertizontal hoods (just now getting the respect they always deserved). 6 to 9 plants per with decent veg time with proper pruning, tying, and staking (or cages, nets ,etc.) Will get your 2 lb minimum per if you get the rite equipment and run a sealed (cge) room. Run coco topfeed drain to waste if you want the most forgiving system and quit.playing around with all the other hydroponic systems. This is just my personal experience. And believe me folks. I have tried them all. Run a decent base nute that works. Stick to it and quit playing games. Nutes dont make harvests. Genetics, room dialage to said genetics and canopy management do. Believe that. Take examples from the greenhouse industry and you wont go wrong. Think like a greenhouse manager. These days iam digging my multiple 600's on 3x6 drain to waste tables with multi daily feeds in one gallon growbags. 28 per table. Net trellis is groovy too. Keep your temps and humidity and co2 in check in accordance with your strain (s). Monocropping single strain with high plant.counts is the easiest way to hit decent grams per watt but can be alot.of work and paranoia. Heed these words. Experiment and stick to what has worked from it. I speak from many years experience. Peace to all of you and may your harvests be bountiful.

P

Pi3

I have a very similar setup but how close do I put the plant from the actual reflector/bulb?

Top Bottom