6 site 8k DIY UC

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

You're not nervous with that circuit box/wiring on the ground?

Water below the waist, electricity above the waist.

S

Socachi

I have 2- 18,000 btu window units. They are vented via AC box which has 8" can fan. 2 reasons for AC box is light and noise control.

Donkdbz can you show some pics of that setup? Thanks... Socachi

D

Donkdbz

You're not nervous with that circuit box/wiring on the ground?

Water below the waist, electricity above the waist.

Nope metal boxes that are grounded. something happens breaker might trips. For extra protection plug into GFCI.

Pure water is actually a insulator. One jobsite I was working at dumbass broke sprinkler line and flooded basement some plugs were fully submerge and had stuff pluged and nothing tripped except the GFCI plugs

Anyways moved em to the ceiling cause I tripped on the cord. More worried bought getting burnt from bare bulb again shit hurts.

IMG_2957.JPG
IMG_2958.JPG
IMG_29601.JPG

Looks like crap but traps and exhausts the heat well. 3/8 allthread holds up backside of AC's up.

H

HappyGrower

Can I ask WHY you would chop off all the Fan Leave's? I've always read in the grow bible, that the plants Need the fan leaves to collect energy, and allow the plants to grow. Chop'em off, and they don't grow as well has been my experiance.

Take Care, Happy Grower

D

Donkdbz

Couple reasons
defoliation was on diablo og's only chopped a few leaves on the shiskaberry

1-to stop em from stretching cause they took off when I put em in the UC buckets

2- to slow growth down so they don't get bigger then the gods gift and shishkaberry

3-let light hit lower branches also redirect plants growth hormones where I want

IMG_2963.JPG
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2965.JPG
IMG_2966.JPG
IMG_29681.JPG

you can see on the main stem where there is like a 2" gap between nodes then on the top gap is only like 1/2"

When I used to keep mom's I would Bonsai em and play around with snipping leaves tops and so on. Some strains recover fast (green crack, casey jones, bog bubble) others not so good (ecsd)

D

Donkdbz

Damn it Damn it Damn it. Rockwool starter cubes and Rapid Rooters suck.

Growth on the gods gifts and shishka berry has been almost nothing past 3-4 days. there around 8-10inches tall. While the Diablo Ogs are around 15-16 inches tall.

So a few hours ago I carefully removed bunch of the hydroton. Found some nice brown roots. Luckily no slime yet. Even though the rooters and cube were above the water they were still soaked n mushy.

Went and grabbed a sharp thin blade and started surgery. Carefully removed as much of the starters as I could. The rockwool came apart real easy got almost all of it. The rooters got around 1/2 but exposed alot the main roots and the stem. Then I reburied under hydroton. Got some Hydrosparkle on the way.

Next day or 2 i'll see if its time for new clones. The Diablo's were in a starter that has same color as a rapid rooter but is way more dense and does not retain a bunch of water.

Will definetly be busting out my rubbermaid aero cloner next run.

C

cheech

sucks about the rooter cubes.. i hope i don't run into that problem.. right now i have my root riot cubes sitting on one layer of hydroton in a 3'' net pot that is an 1'' above the water level.

your defoliation technique reminds me of sumdumbguys at riu or icmag. it was pretty cool seeing all the nodes branch off within days of him trimming off all the fan leaves.

D

Donkdbz

All of the girls are making a comeback. If I would have used my aerocloner I am sure my girls would be way bigger. The diablo OG's were in jiffy root shooters and they have done the best the rockwool and rapid rooters blah.

I also added a med round airstone to each res cause my air pump seemed to be running a lil hot. With all valves full open the 8" discs in epicenter outdropped a lot. So I adjusted vavles on the med rounds so I still get full output from the micropores and the 8"ers kicked back up. Pump is running cooler and my res temps dropped .7 degree's a few hours later and have remained lower.

IMG_2988.JPG

Girls are looking OK bumped the diablo's from 720 to 830 (.7) after pics were taken

IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_2990.JPG
IMG_2991.JPG
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_29931.JPG

D

Donkdbz

9x13

Girls are SLOWLY recovering. After I removed most of the rooters and rockwool. I checked 2 days later and the shishka had brown crap all around base of stem so I scraped off. The gods gifts both had new roots coming from exposed stem. one of em did not have much roots in the water and is yellowing. So I have been foliar feeding everyday she greened up a lil. I have tried magic green, alga-mic, fish emulsion, low dose asprin, a couple ml of canna grow A. All that crap sure perked up therest of the girls. But the one goes back to yellow after a few hours.

So yesterday I moved the medium round air stone dirrectly under netpot for the jucuzi effect and raised water lvl to submerged whats left of the starters and also so the stems and new roots get hit with some bubbling and are exposed to more of the hydro-fungicide

I am begining to wonder if roots excel doses anything besides leave nasty brown crap on the roots. After I did my res change I left it out for a day and the brown crap washed off.

Kinda stuck on what to do. Roots are now where near what I have seen in other peoples pics. At this point gonna let em go another week in the mean time I am trying to find some mini mom's of something I want to run to throw into my aerocloner. Don't wanna drive to PNC or PO. Cannot wait for G to reopen in SD.

Hopefully they recover otherwise I am down 3 weeks time and 500 bucks of electricity and nutes.

D

Donkdbz

IMG_3100.JPG

9 days after surgery. There were no roots there at all when I removed rooter.

I think they are all gonna make it. Downside is I have had my girls in the system for around 20-22days and only have about other peoples 7-10 days of growth.

Root Rot sucks.

M

mrdizzle

looks liek the water level is way to high bro, the stem should be 6in out of the water, the roots will make there way to the nutes, you just have to top feed a couple times to get them there

the rapid rooter isnt the problem, by the end of harvest you wont even be able to see the rapid rooter the stems will be so big the rooters just crumble away

D

Donkdbz

I just raised the water lvl couple days ago. so the fungicide can kill off rest of crap around stem. I will be dropping water level back to normal next tues or weds. after another inspection.

D

Donkdbz

One gods gift looked like shit not recovering so pulled it and replaced with a sweet tooth cross.

Took 10 gallons out of both systems. From being drenched in bubbling water for a few days. It was easy to get rid of rest of the rooter and rockwool. Plus main roots were a lot thicker so I did not rip em.

Been still hacking fan leaves off 2 of the diablos. They really wanna take off. The third one is a lil smaller and probable had a lil root rot too. Because it was showing what looked like a calcium problem while of 2 look fine.

pics from 10/16

The scragly diablo
IMG_3099.JPG
IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

The other 2 diablos
IMG_3092.JPG
IMG_3093.JPG

D

Donkdbz

Shika 2 days after surgery 10/8

IMG_2992.JPG

shishka 10/16

IMG_3091.JPG

gods gift 10/8

IMG_2991.JPG

gods gift 10/16

IMG_3090.JPG

I think I took care of defiencys shown in those pics. New growth has green stems. No more purple/redish stems and petoles.

Lessons learned so far is not to rush and pay more attention.

Think its time to fill with RO and flush the crap drain and refill with flesh nutes. Before I see any new problems from trying to fix the old ones.

D

Donkdbz

Shot a few pics tonight.

So concerning fungicides and roots excel. Saw this add a few days to late. Looks like roots excel is alive.

IMG_3152.JPG

I threw some roots excel in while running hydro-fungicide. The resulting gunk

IMG_3150.JPG

Early before the hydrofungicide roots excel left a brown film over the roots. After hydrofungicide turned to a brown sludge.

Roots looking what they should have a week ago if I would not fucked up.

IMG_3149.JPG

some pics of the girls

IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3146.JPG

Root rot has cost me a lot of veg time. Even with all the reading still got it. Lucky so far for me great posts out there on dealing with it.

D

Donkdbz

I pulled the gods gifts and shishka. Done wasteing time on em. Went and picked some Teens. Drained system and am running some Physan through it.

The Diablos are still going and look fine.

Was just thinking to myself. Damn I miss no worry DTW coco. Could have been in week 1 of flower by now. O well Live and Learn.

stickyicky

stickyicky

I pulled the gods gifts and shishka. Done wasteing time on em. Went and picked some Teens. Drained system and am running some Physan through it.

The Diablos are still going and look fine.

Was just thinking to myself. Damn I miss no worry DTW coco. Could have been in week 1 of flower by now. O well Live and Learn.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Learning lesson in progress.

You'll get it homie.

Good Luck,

Top Bottom