$600 Budget Towards Lights 5x5 Room

• Thread starter Coney83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

I would screw up building it

They come preassembled too. This is $1000 and covers a 4.5x4.5 to 5x5.

Timber cob kits are good too. I prefer strips and qb's but you arent going to go wrong with COBs. If you go with the timber route make sure they're preassembled I'm not sure that they are.

C

Coney83

They come preassembled too. This is $1000 and covers a 4.5x4.5 to 5x5.

Timber cob kits are good too. I prefer strips and qb's but you arent going to go wrong with COBs. If you go with the timber route make sure they're preassembled I'm not sure that they are.
Did you try to add a link ?

F

FutureGrower

So nice just a bit out of my price range

Have you put any real thought into hps mh? Or CMH? cmh's are a step above hps setups in my opinion but a double ended hps may run cooler I'm not sure. Others could probably help you more.

Another option is to cover a 3x3 and add as you go. Or a 4x2 ect

scubascrog

scubascrog

I ran 1kw in my 9x6x8 and got 2# but my training was fim and no defol. So i got a buuunch of undershit that wasn't in the 2# And my sour d's didnt do dwc justice. No co2. 3000k, And 2 month veg from seed. I did have foxtailing from lots of light, but i have mirror walls and I got dense under nugs. The spread would penetrate your canopy no prob

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I ran 1kw in my 9x6x8 and got 2# but my training was fim and no defol. So i got a buuunch of undershit that wasn't in the 2# And my sour d's didnt do dwc justice. No co2. 3000k, And 2 month veg from seed. I did have foxtailing from lots of light, but i have mirror walls and I got dense under nugs. The spread would penetrate your canopy no prob
Cost wise what am I looking at? I’m sitin on 5 gavitas that kill my electric bill and the 4 ton cooling unit don’t help either.

scubascrog

scubascrog

So probably 6kw of qb should definitely get you started. Make sure your room is warm enough in winter tho. My garage is sitting at like 55 degrees rn with a colder floor. Gotta throw a hps in there now and take some qbs out.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
So probably 6kw of qb should definitely get you started. Make sure your room is warm enough in winter tho. My garage is sitting at like 55 degrees rn with a colder floor. Gotta throw a hps in there now and take some qbs out.
Got my clones out there, put a vented propane heater, works well. I’m building a out building on the property. Fully insulated all walls and floor will have .60 mill TPO fully adheared. Fully clean room! Im sick and tired of bugs!!!!!!!!!!

scubascrog

scubascrog

Got my clones out there, put a vented propane heater, works well. I’m building a out building on the property. Fully insulated all walls and floor will have .60 mill TPO fully adheared. Fully clean room! Im sick and tired of bugs!!!!!!!!!!
hell yeah! bugs can go fuck off. I was just trolling some people who were using bombers in their grow rooms actually. good practice makes a bug free environment lol.
there was that one time I found a frog in mine tho. didnt know how he got in. must have been on my back. :D

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
hell yeah! bugs can go fuck off. I was just trolling some people who were using bombers in their grow rooms actually. good practice makes a bug free environment lol.
there was that one time I found a frog in mine tho. didnt know how he got in. must have been on my back. :D
Grasshopper got in the garage this summer. Couldn’t figure out what was eatin the leaves. Took me a week to find the fucker.

scubascrog

scubascrog

so, scaling up my quantum pucks I spent 1400 on 800w so you are looking at over 10k if you are buying from rapid/hlg/ for your stuff. people are picking up qb's and f strips off alibaba for CHEAP tho and they are the same thing, might just require more wiring but you can save yourself a lot of money piecing it together

scubascrog

scubascrog

but how much does your ac pull? 10 / 15 / 20 / 5 / 8 Kilowatts? you are going to love being able to run your lights at night to save money using off peak electricity and reduce your heating bill, just gotta be a night owl like me... lol

scubascrog

scubascrog

if you are running sealed go with the qbs, if you are intaking and scrubbing to out and constantly drawing air I'd leave 2 gavitas or 4 dimmed to the low low in the 20x20 and fill the rest with qb so you dont have to heat that much. dehumidi is gonna bite you in the butt tho in flower i learned lol.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
if you are running sealed go with the qbs, if you are intaking and scrubbing to out and constantly drawing air I'd leave 2 gavitas in the 20x20 and fill the rest with qb so you dont have to heat that much. dehumidi is gonna bite you in the butt tho in flower i learned lol.
Completely sealed room, scrubbed, co2
Commercial dehumidifier. I like your idea!

Top Bottom