$600 Budget Towards Lights 5x5 Room

• Thread starter Coney83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

You will need about 16 Hlg 600s or 20 or so hlg550s to cover a 20x20 room.Quest dehuey is a must and you can probably downsize AC quite a bit as the lights run much cooler and you will be running higher temps with the leds(im running 80-81 right now).Im at the MJBizcon show in vegas right now and im going to be seeing stephen at the HLG booth a little later,PM if you want me to hit him up about some bulk pricing.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Whatever light source you use don't use anything less than 50w/sq/ft.

5 x 5 = 1250w

And don't believe it when people say LED are not held to this standard because of efficiency. NOT TRUE.

Scientists use all kinds of different measurements to rate the power of the sun at the earth surface.

AND WATTS PER SQ/Ft/Meter ARE 2 OF THEM.

Nothing is more efficient than the sun, so that kills that argument.

The SUN is 100w/Sq/ft Average... At the Equator, on a clear day, at noon, 8000ft altitude ( ANDES ), it is considerably more. Sativas require at least 50w/sq/ft

Madmax

Madmax

Besides a smaller yield why cant you use smaller light dude.im going to run a gavita 750 flex de over 5x4 area...

Cheers max

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

Whatever light source you use don't use anything less than 50w/sq/ft.

5 x 5 = 1250w

And don't believe it when people say LED are not held to this standard because of efficiency. NOT TRUE.

Scientists use all kinds of different measurements to rate the power of the sun at the earth surface.

AND WATTS PER SQ/Ft/Meter ARE 2 OF THEM.

Nothing is more efficient than the sun, so that kills that argument.

The SUN is 100w/Sq/ft Average... At the Equator, on a clear day, at noon, 8000ft altitude ( ANDES ), it is considerably more. Sativas require at least 50w/sq/ft

Sorry bro but ill have to disagree respectfully on that,I have been running led for only 1 1/2 runs now at 37.5 watts per sq ft and ive been burning the shit out of some plants.I used to run gavitas and CMH at 50-60 watts per sq ft and never did that happen.Also the room is brighter and more light filled in every little corner than it ever has been,I do not beleive that your watts per sq ft theory holds true for LED.Ive been at MJBizcon in vegas the last 2 days and i can tell you right now the buzz is not for HPS/CMH anymore,even gavita is on board.
I was not a beleiver either so i understand its hard for you to grasp the concept.

scubascrog

scubascrog

James. Wattage = voltage x current fyi. Just because something takes less current and uses less wattage doesnt mean it isn't BRIGHTER. gtfo of here with that misinformation. How the fuck do you calculate the efficiency of the damn sun? You mental?

F

FutureGrower

James. Wattage = voltage x current fyi. Just because something takes less current and uses less wattage doesnt mean it isn't BRIGHTER. gtfo of here with that misinformation. How the fuck do you calculate the efficiency of the damn sun? You mental?

No need to be rude brother he may have truly believed it. Everyone falls for something just gotta remember that sometimes :)

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Reality is when someone as credible as NASA says it is so, I may believe them. But people on the internet?? Nope, aint gonna change my opinion vs NASA vs people telling me NASA is wrong in the way they measure the suns output.....Especially companies trying to sell lights.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

So you know more than NASA? GTFO with that misinformation.

F

FutureGrower

Reality is when someone as credible as NASA says it is so, I may believe them. But people on the internet?? Nope, aint gonna change my opinion vs NASA vs people telling me NASA is wrong in the way they measure the suns output.....Especially companies trying to sell lights.

You're over simplifying things for absolutely no reason brother. Go put 100 watts in a sq foot of samsung strips and your plants will just die. You and NASA may be correct but it doesn't apply to lighting.

Freshone

Freshone

You know they faked that whole moon landing shit right?

Madmax

Madmax

Havnt ran it yet.im going to wait now till plants are done outside if i get a man rocking up he'll have me twice and they take everything off you..all ive done is turn it on and WOW...im blind..im blind .
Some dudes on here helped me in picking a suitable light for my area and i reckon it will do nicely for my small sized room and first grow +getting familiar in how these lights go..using it only for flower and last 2 weeks of veg..maybe Diesel can chip in on how good these lights are :happy:

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Havnt ran it yet.im going to wait now till plants are done outside if i get a man rocking up he'll have me twice and they take everything off you..all ive done is turn it on and WOW...im blind..im blind .
Some dudes on here helped me in picking a suitable light for my area and i reckon it will do nicely for my small sized room and first grow +getting familiar in how these lights go..using it only for flower and last 2 weeks of veg..maybe Diesel can chip in on how good these lights are :happy:
Gavitas?

Latest posts

Top Bottom