600 Watt Metal Halide BaddAss Bulb

• Thread starter RedStar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RedStar

RedStar

Anyone know anything about this bulb? I grew almost 2 decades ago in college and I've been thinking about getting back into it so I've been doing a lot of reading on a couple of forums but I can't seem to find any info on these bulbs.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
more lumens and cheaper then even some of the cheap brands hps to mh conversion bulbs for 600 watt

still dont think anybody makes a true 600 watt MH

B

bellsnickle

high output florescent fixtures are much more economical as far as using MH bulbs.... get ya some HO florescent and a 600 w HPS for flowering.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
high output florescent fixtures are much more economical as far as using MH bulbs.... get ya some HO florescent and a 600 w HPS for flowering.

not everybody has the room for a second veg area or money for extra lighting systems

another thing I like about these bulbs is the price point - they are one of the cheapest 600 Hps to MH coversion bulb

A

aaxxeell

only 60,000lumens??? wtf, i know the conversion bulbs have less but hey hps is 90,000, thats a big difference...
i know what u are goin thru, i bought a luma tek and a bonus was being able to run both hps and mh and i was like woohoo then apon research there was no one that made 600w regular halides, only crappy conversion bulbs.
so yeah sucks i cant run 1st and last week of flower with full power MH, oh well

so to fit my needs after my t5ho's died I bought a 250w mh and i love it so much, my mother plants power in veg and i do cuts under my trusty old t8's :banana1sv6:

if u are just veggin with it and have the dough man i'd be gettin a 250 or 400w mh (28,500 & 39,000lumins)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
MH is always way less lumens then HPS

jkodim

jkodim

I want to ask if I can put the basil to flower under metal-halid lamp because the hpc is rather old and with very low intensity and I don't have money for a new one. Do you think it would work or it would be a waste of money? Has any of you tried this scheme?

S

Sea Of Green

You don't have money for a new HPS bulb. But you already have a MH you want to try and use instead?

Do I think it would work? Yes, more or less. It depends on the type of MH bulb really. I wouldn't recommend the baddass bulb. AFAIK, it's a blue colored veg bulb.

Would it be a waste of money? Wait...I thought you didn't have any money. You mean waste of time? Not necessarily IMO.

Have I tried this scheme? Oh yeah. I've always used just MH to flower. Is it the best idea? I think so, in some cases, with the right bulb that is. What is the best MH for flowering? First choice ceramic MH, second choice red-burning 2.8K-3K MH.

jkodim

jkodim

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I meant a waste of time. Currently I have only a MH lamp, Philips Master HPI-T Plus, 150W and I just wanted to know if I can use the same lamp also for the flowering. Thanks for your reply. Have a nice day and good harvest.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Think the sunpulses are true MH. Not a conversion. Yay or nay?

S

Sea Of Green

Think the sunpulses are true MH. Not a conversion. Yay or nay?
I vote nay. Since you can't run them on a standard MH ballast because they're pulse-start not probe-start. So in a sense they are conversion bulbs, MH conversion, or electronic/digi ballast conversion.
Currently I have only a MH lamp, Philips Master HPI-T Plus, 150W and I just wanted to know if I can use the same lamp also for the flowering. Thanks for your reply. Have a nice day and good harvest.
Oh, I see. Well that's a 4.5K MH, blue/white colored, better for veg. But it has a pretty decent amount of orange/red light output too, so it may work fairly well for flowering actually.

http://i173.invalid.com/albums/w66/MrGeniusA/PhilipsMH.jpg

Good luck!

jkodim

jkodim

I asked because usually Metal Halide lamps are used for the vegetation period and for the flowering - High Pressure Sodium lamps.

S

Sea Of Green

Some folks grow their crops entirely, from start to finish, vegetation and flowering, with only one light source or the other. Some prefer to use just MH, some prefer to use just HPS.

Some folks, mainly those that can afford to, use both from start to finish. Which is what I would do if I could.

K

Kaybee

Yes, you can flower with MH alone.
You don't *NEED* HPS for cannabis to flower.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
i like the ushio super mh works badass but i still think hps is better for veg just get hps for both cheaper and better results.

S

Sensibowl

This is a great discussion about bulbs. Thanks so much everyone for sharing the info.

sedate

sedate

i like the ushio super mh works badass but i still think hps is better for veg just get hps for both cheaper and better results.

Um. And why do you like HPS lights better for veg?

Anyone know anything about this bulb? I grew almost 2 decades ago in college and I've been thinking about getting back into it so I've been doing a lot of reading on a couple of forums but I can't seem to find any info on these bulbs.

FWIW there RedStar - since this thread seems to have meandered away from your question - I've heard some pretty bad things about these bulbs.

A&N marking there logo-feces on shit Chinese re-lamps for a big mark-up is my estimation of this product line. I don't know any long-term grower using these bulbs.

Lots of other good choices out there. I would keep looking.

Top Bottom