Technaflora nutrients
1/2 hp water chiller
C02
70 pint dehumidifier

Temp 80 day 72 night
water temp 65

4 week veg under 1k

5 weeks into flower

Do my plants look small considering how far into flowering I am?

Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 2
Photo 1
S

Snow Crash

Yeah, the plants are looking a little short, but it could be a combination of a short veg period and indica dominant genetics.

Next time around give them a little more time, like 5-7 more days, to fill out before flipping.

These buckets full of roots are intense.

M

mrdizzle

I would have flipped them when they got about a foot taller than yours are now

J

JerryCurl

How long did you veg them for? I think 14 days is optimal before flipping, then allowing a 1 week veg under the vertical lights (raised) to allow a low-level lumen shock transition, and to encourage lower level outward branch growth-also in conjucture with a product like bushmaster, bud-blood or my favorite Bud Ignitor results can and will be impressive. Time flies when you're having fun. ;)

M

mrdizzle

sorry jerry there is no set optimal time for flipping, you flip when your plants are big enough to produce the yeilds you want

unfortunately those plants are probably in the 5-8oz range, so you can use this grow to gauge how much larger they will need to be to get the size you want

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I agree with Dizzle. If you had a 2lb plant then it would totally engulf that tomato cage. There is no predetermined time to flip trees into flowering. I take into consideration the stretch expected and will flip anywhere from 24"-36" strain dependent.
I flipped the WiFi cut i ran at 30" and eneded up averaging 1.5 lb per plant. First run with her though.
Its also wise to thin out your plant of all the tiny shoots reaching for the light to get better light penetration in the center and less larfies. -Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

okay MrFizzle....:anim_09: Go re-read doubleds post.
Go guage some ball sack sizes

LOL have you even checked Dizzle's threads? Dude from the looks of it... you're the one who fizzled out. You worry so much about following some guideline when you should be learning your strain. No hate
And sorry to tell you buddy, Dizzle is right. There is no 3 weeks in veg, 1 week with verticals. Thats just an estimate not gospel. Its all about the genetics because not all strains will do well in buckets and vertical lighting.
Look at my WiFi trees or bushes whatever you want to call em. They finished at about 5' tall by 4' wide and was lucky i ran some heavy dense kush... otherwise i wouldnt hav hit 1.5 a plant -Keepz

J

JerryCurl

I didn't fizzle out I was screwed out but it's all good ima come back and ima come back stronger, i'll get 10+ pounders

M

mrdizzle

I change my mind, jerry is right

jerry has it on lock, peep his thread (ignore his suicide note) and your gold

R

roadhead303

I change my mind, jerry is right

jerry has it on lock, peep his thread (ignore his suicide note) and your gold

Haha.

This is the Veg room for my next run coming up in 3 weeks. Do you think I should loose the baskets and switch to large rockwool cubes?

1k light
40 gallon res
Technaflora nutrients
18/6 lighting
flood 4 times a day

Photo 5
Photo 6
M

mrdizzle

I would be shooting for a 48in to 55in plant, so I would think 36-40inch should be good enough,

preveg is clutch, the stronger the plants are now the faster they will grow in the room

and extra week of veg, for the most part, pays out much more than it cost in rent, I tell myself that everytime I think about flipping a little early

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I would be shooting for a 48in to 55in plant, so I would think 36-40inch should be good enough,

preveg is clutch, the stronger the plants are now the faster they will grow in the room

and extra week of veg, for the most part, pays out much more than it cost in rent, I tell myself that everytime I think about flipping a little early

+1

hiboy

hiboy

Nice clean set up road
My input on your pics is to get some more or better cages with them girlies.
Lots of branches look like they will fall or bend when they pack on your weight.
h

wanted to add that you could lower your lights down a foot or so if it aint too hard, get it so it will hit all around them

Giddeon

Giddeon

With my experience with the MPB's and the few strains I have grown in them I feel it is best to clone your mother plant into 6" RW cubes in week 5-6 of the current bloom cycle, have them under a 1k watt MH within 10 days after you clone them. Start the 1k 24" or more away from the clones and drop the light as they can take it. Let the clone veg on the table in the 6" RW cube under the 1k MH all of week 7,8, and 9. Then harvest, bleach every plastic part of the system, flush the system with plain water until you can drink from it. Then the clones are ready to be put into the system, they should be roughly 12-15" Tall and 8-10" wide. You wont get the width on your unless you use the 6" RW cube, I have tried other methods and the 6" RW cube is the best choice to use for many reasons. Once the clones are in the buckets veg them for 10-15 days. This should allow the roots to make their way down into the bubbling waters of the bottom bucket, once you have about 15-20 separate shoots into the bubbling water and 1 or 2 have the roots branching off them then you know you can flip. The plant should be 24-28" Tall and 30-36" Wide at the time of the flip, the root zone is just as important to watch before the flip as the size of the plants are, they go hand in hand. They key factor to getting your plants to have a good stretch in the bloom cycle is to have the roots into the bubbling waters before the flip. I once tried to flip a set of plants before the roots entered the bubbling water and the stretch was no where near that of all the other times when I did things correctly. Following these steps my plants finish between 4' - 4'6" tall and 48"- 50" wide.

Hope this helps you further your growth into the MPB world
G

R

roadhead303

What time schedule do you guys have your drip lines on?

How many air stones per bucket?

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I run my drip rings 24/7 through out the entire cycle. The drip emitter tubing with 6 inch spacing works really well at delivering the perfect amount of water. I also highly recommend the ceramic micro pore air diffusers, I put one in every bucket and then a couple in the res.. Hope you have a successful harvest.. Cheers!

Giddeon

Giddeon

What time schedule do you guys have your drip lines on?

How many air stones per bucket?

IN my 60 liter totes I run only one 9" air stone it is a pond diffuser nothing special,

In my 70 gal totes I have 4 - 9" airstones

I run my top feed at 10min on 5min off on my cycle timer

Top Bottom