8 Days Since First Showing

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Just wanted to see if this is generally normal growth after a week since first showing in the Root riot plugs, there's no heaight tk the 2nd on but im basing that on the height of the first plant

I'm having an issue with my humidity that I'm hopefully sorting but that besides any comments from anyone at all?? (2 plant pics attached, one for each plant)

Izzy

8 days since first showing
8 days since first showing 2
Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Your first two week are slow up top, but VERY BUSY in the root department.
When you hit week 3/4 they will develop quicker up top.

You look good for now!

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Your first two week are slow up top, but VERY BUSY in the root department.
When you hit week 3/4 they will develop quicker up top.

You look good for now!
Thanks for your your reply, I keep looking at them thinking "how are these ever going to be ready in 8/9 weeks", never used Autos and only just finished growing my first ever plant (not auto), semi successfully,

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Good luck!
It looks like you have a lot of Perlite, which I always think is a plus with AUTOs and their life cycle.

T

TheKoreanKid

Thanks for your your reply, I keep looking at them thinking "how are these ever going to be ready in 8/9 weeks", never used Autos and only just finished growing my first ever plant (not auto), semi successfully,
Is it 8/9 weeks from first appearance or does that mean once it starts flowering its 8/9 weeks till it's done? That's my question but I grow photo period

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Good luck!
It looks like you have a lot of Perlite, which I always think is a plus with AUTOs and their life cycle.
I didn't actualy mean to grow in Coco, when I bought it from Amazon it said "Potting Soil" but I didnt read the description, I just went for it as it was light and easy to deliver,

So I'm on a completely different learning curve now, I've all the Bio Bizz nutes from my last little grow and I know I can't use them with Coco, so I have some Hensi TNT Complex for when I start adding nutes

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Is it 8/9 weeks from first appearance or does that mean once it starts flowering its 8/9 weeks till it's done? That's my question but I grow photo period

AUTOs usually come in 8, 10, or 12 week cycles, depending on the parent plants that are mixed with the Ruderalis parent.

Typical AUTOs are 10-12 weeks seed to harvest. Most have a week or so where they mix VEG/FLOWER growth. They are still doing VEG growth, while developing fruit. You are typically IN FLOWER by week 5.

T

TheKoreanKid

8/9 weeks from first showing I believe
8/9 weeks from first showing I believe
Gotcha. I am 64 days since my girls made their first appearance. So a little over 9 weeks, they are in flower stage now though. It would be nice to be harvesting right now though. I think I have another four or five weeks of flowering until I can Harvest.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

AUTOs usually come in 8, 10, or 12 week cycles, depending on the parent plants that are mixed with the Ruderalis parent.

Typical AUTOs are 10-12 weeks seed to harvest. Most have a week or so where they mix VEG/FLOWER growth. They are still doing VEG growth, while developing fruit. You are typically IN FLOWER by week 5.
Really, in flower week 5!!!, well I hope the veg hurries up,

I'm running 24/0 (read loads, all had different opinions so I went 24/0) with a 450w LED on full spectrum, I did ask on another thread if I should keep it on Veg or switch to full power, so I'm on Full Spectrum (just hope thats right!), what do you think???

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Gotcha. I am 64 days since my girls made their first appearance. So a little over 9 weeks, they are in flower stage now though. It would be nice to be harvesting right now though. I think I have another four or five weeks of flowering until I can Harvest.
How big are they? Do you have any pics?, would be interesting to see your progress?

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Just check the trichomes.

How?

1) Get a Jewelers Loop, like
*Depending on how couch lock or active you want your fruit to be*
2) Typically when you have 75% of your Trichomes turned from clear to amber *check the pic), You are ready to harvest
3) Harvesting PHOTO vs AUTO
Unlike a typical Photoperiod Harvest, It is advisable to harvest your AUTO's fruit in layers. You can get additional growth from lower, less developed fruit.

The Ruderalis part of the plant is the difference. The plant does not stop developing fruit after the top half gets chopped.

603438661 trichomes
Last edited:
Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Really, in flower week 5!!!, well I hope the veg hurries up,

I'm running 24/0 (read loads, all had different opinions so I went 24/0) with a 450w LED on full spectrum, I did ask on another thread if I should keep it on Veg or switch to full power, so I'm on Full Spectrum (just hope thats right!), what do you think???

Depends on the PAR rating at the canopy.
That's the true amount of light that effects the area.

Unfortunately all LEDs (and even HPS/MH bulbs) are not equal. So it is hard know what kind of light and at what amount of lumens your canopy is absorbing.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I bought myself a Jewellers loop for my first plant, really really amazing to see the trychomes and how they change to amber

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Yeah, there are affordable PAR sensors. If you get one, I suggest one that has a wired photoplate or sensor. You will be able to move it around your space and take readings to adjust your grow. You'll be shocked how often you use it to develop your LST skills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom