8K Sealed Room Adventure!

• Thread starter Reebs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reebs

Reebs

So the time is here to start this Diary as my sealed room is almost complete.

Setup Rundown-
-Room : 14' x 10' x 8'
-8 1000w HPS
-4 3x6 Flood trays with 70gal res's
-36K BTU AC (Mini Splits)
-Bottled C02
-Carbon Scrubber
-8 Agrotech NON-cooled reflectors

there will be 14 plants in each tray, and a new tray started ever 2 wks after the initial 2 months.

i'm still debating strains to run in here, as this will be a production room specific, i'm gonna stick with my producers.

-Grand daddy purps seeds GDP
-Bruce Banner #3
-Cali Kush
-The White (from the original FL cut, not an S1)
-DeathStar (Sour D Pheno)

Check out my Sealed Room Build for pics of the room and some other good stuff.

First table will be up and running sometime in the next 2 wks, then every 2 wks after that.

Reebs

Reebs

Just transplanted a Method Man Kush (Sour Kush x Headband) <-- thats just what i've been able to find on her even though sour kush is headband i guess.

also transplanted a few more Kromes "The White's" and some Jaws Gear "White Strawberry Diesel"

looking forward to the JAWS Gear and also this Method Man Kush, i love me some Diesel so the headband pheno would be nice, i got a cut from a buddy who wasn't sure of the pheno.

anyone heard of this "Method Man Kush" ?

Reebs

Reebs

Back wit an update,

Veg is doing great, i snapped a few shots for everyone to see,

again the veg is 2 2x4 flood trays, sharing a 25Gal res, 1 tray with 8 bulb 4 ft T5, second tray with 400watt HPS to MH conversion bulb (Air Cooled Hood)

i like to keep my ladies fat and short, i do alot of pinching on branches and if thats not working i top or FIM.

up first, Kromes "The White" (From Cut)
IMAG00651
IMAG00661

OG Chesse cut i got from a buddy, this bitch grows so fast. great genetics!
IMAG00671

unfortunately it's gettin a lil crowded in this tray so it's hard to get a clean shot without taking them out of the tray, anyways i did my best to snap a pic of a Bruce Banner.
IMAG00701

and for anyone just joining, here is a full Veg space shot. below the tray on the right is my 2 clone trays for the soiless plugs and a General Hydroponics water farm kit with a new GDP seed in it, there is a small 2 bulb 2 ft T5 mounted under there as well to.
IMAG00571

IMAG00681
Reebs

Reebs

Just found pics from wk 3 of the 2 8x8 tents i'm about to take down. each tent is 1 3x6 flood tray, 4K watts HPS, Radiant 8's, 2 8" fans for lights and exhaust, C02, and large carbon filter in each tent.

basically with this new room i'm buidling, i'm using all the equip i already have except i'm using non air cooled hoods, reflectors only if you will.

i still use my old magnetic ballasts too so the color is a little whack but whatever works right?

Strains in these 2 tents are,
-Gods Gift (GDPxOG Kush)
-DeathStar (ECSD Pheno)
-Grape Stomper
-Bubble Gum Kush
-Chernobyl
-Burmese Kush
-Chemdog

8x8 Tent 1
IMAG00191

8x8 tent 2
IMAG00181

JAWS

JAWS

always interested in seeing shots of the BRUCE BANNER, what's the story on thAt BUBBLE GUM KUSH? never heard of that one yet.

very nice:writing:

Reebs

Reebs

Ok, i have finally gotten the room finished enough to get the first tray going which gives me 2 weeks to do something about the floor since it's just exposed plywood. it's to late to killz right now, i plan to do something somewhat temporary so that after i have some bread stacked up i can take everything down and paint and stuff.

now to the good stuff

Here is the only pic i snapped of the sub-panel i wired in from my main panel up stairs, i now have my lights on this box, and also all the outlets in the basement for everything.
IMAG0074

since i will be running 8 vented 1K lights, the 12K BTU mini split was only part of what is needed for all of that, but it serves as a heater aswell, and a dehumid, anyways this is a 24K window unit that i put on the opposite side of the room to equal my total 36K BTU of AC, i wanted to units or air handlers for each side of the room since my hoods are just vented and i didn't have room for another mini split on that side so this was my plan B.
IMAG0082

Pic of 2 of the 4 of these nano's i got for the room so far, i think i'm just gonna continue getting these. on 240V they literally run at room temp, and they are tiny, cant beat that!
IMAG0083

Carbon Scrubber and the mini split on the opposite side of the window AC unit
IMAG0086

First tray is in and happier than ever, Lights dimmed down to %50 on the ballasts, assuming thats 500-600 watts..?
IMAG0085

to the left of the first tray is the next tray to go in, 2 weeks. i decided to do these 2 trays in the back corner of the room first so that i could work out any air circulation or cooling problems since they are the 2 that would have the hardest time getting ventalated and cooled. so far so good though.
IMAG0088

Enjoy! :-)

IMAG0081
IMAG0084
B

Burned Haze

good choices for strains :)

Keep it comming and make sure to keep us posted!

-BH

Reebs

Reebs

always interested in seeing shots of the BRUCE BANNER, what's the story on thAt BUBBLE GUM KUSH? never heard of that one yet.

very nice:writing:

i'm not exactly sure the genectics, it was given to me by an old timer who found it in his back yard. it was just a little baby and i transplanted it into a waterfarm kit, about 8 months later it was a tree... and i had run a few cuts of her 2 times, each time they were the reason my house stank. even with a scrubber. i'm not a big fan of bubble gum but it has a super strong smell.

i have a few bag seeds off her and also some bag seeds off a room that i ran banner, death star, and kromes the white. don't have the room to do anything with them, JAWS, hit me up if your interested.

Reebs

Reebs

got some pics coming in a few hours of the progess.

everything is going fine, i'm having a lil problem getting air circulation to the entire first tray i have setup. i have 3 wall mount fans right now and they all are pointed at the tray but the back left corner and then going right along the backside of the tray doesn't get the flow of air which is causing it to get hot, like 85-86 hot and i like it to be around 80-81.

there isn't much room to put up another wall an that would get this area specifically but i'm open to any ideas. gotta do something tonight when lights come on so i'm not having this issue later when im adding more lights and making the room hotter overall.

only other news is i'm looking into fuzzy logic CO2 controllers right now because my bottled system last 1-2 days at 1200PPM on this analog timer.

Reebs

Reebs

Things are going smooth, i'm getting ready to start Tray #2 here in the next few days. i'm not sure if anyone is following the build thread for this room but i mentioned in there that i was having issues with this hot spot where the 2 hoods light crosses and the placement of Tray #1 makes it so i can put a fan directly in front of the tray, or even on the wall directly across the tray. so for now i used string to hang a desktop fan in front middle of the tray blowing air right between the 2 hoods which has temporarily fixed the problem but i'm in need of a fan that can be mounted to the sealing and rotate 360 degrees.

any ways here are some pics, starting with tray #1
IMAG0110

IMAG0115

Ladies Gettin ready for tray #2, these next few pics are a wk or so old
IMAG0121

the following ladies for tray #3
IMAG0122

Full Vegg Shot
IMAG0123

New Cloner, bought the cheapest one i could find just to make a point to a buddy that the actual type of cloner you use doesn't matter.
IMAG0124

White Straw Berry Diesel
IMAG0125

Kromes "The White"
IMAG0126

Baby Bruce Banner #3
IMAG0127

Cali Kush
IMAG0128

Topped this DarkStar

IMAG0129

i'm actually in the process of trying out some new things.

i'm keeping my regular recipe for veg and bloom but adding this Vortex tea from a local shop. it's got a bunch of stuff in it that i can remember off the top of my head but i will list soon. anyways adding it basically makes my res "Living"

i just added for the first time last wk, and i've had noticed considerable change. the growth is way more bushy and stocky. i'm going to start using this stuff i think, it's $7/gal and a gal can be mixed into 50 gal res.

i'm also looking into making my own tea like this. nothing to crazy or super organic, just something decently easy to brew and very beneficial.

IMAG0130
IMAG0131
IMAG0133
Reebs

Reebs

Just a little update, i got tray #2 in last night. i always start a new tray in flower on a 2 day clearex flush just to get ready for the heavy Bloom Nutrients.

i also was having a little bit of a problem making my CO2 last for more than 2-3 days, i went out and got this auto pilot CO2 thing that has a probe thats about the size of a cell phone, forget the name of it but so far it's keeping the CO2 at 1200PPM and i'm on day 3 with some left in the tank so i'd say i figured out a temp solution.

Current Room Shot, tables 1 & 2. Table #1 (wk 3), Table #2 (Day 2)
IMAG0147

another one
IMAG0149

Close Up of Tray #2, i would have liked to let these ladies get a LIL bigger but i didn't want to sacrifice my schedule just for a lil more height. it shouldn't be that big of a difference as they usually double to triple in size for me once put in flower.
IMAG0150

Moved these gals from under the T5 to the MH, i also bought a new HPS to MH conversion bulb because i'm pretty sure the one i was using was over a year old! :eek: deff was needing a new one.
this will be Flower Tray #3 that i will start in 2 wks from now.
IMAG0142

last pic is my "Grand Daddy Purple Seeds" Gear, on the left is GDP, Right is there OG Kush. Germinated at the same time but this OG Kush has some great vigor, both about a month old now.
IMAG0143

thats all for now on the update, i did have a question maybe someone can chime in on. I'm just curious if there is like a certain size carbon filter for different sized rooms? My room is 12' x 14' x 7' 3/4'' and right now i have like a 3' tall and maybe 18-24'' wide and it does the trick for the smell so if thats all its needed for then cool, but i thought i read somewhere that in sealed rooms having the carbon filter was part of freshening the air or something. maybe i'm wrong but this is what i was hoping someone can chime in on.

thanks

Reebs

Reebs

In a sealed room, is a carbon filter only for gettin rid of the smell? or is it part of "Freshening the Air" so to speak? as of now the smell is not a problem but i'm just curious if thats all the filters are for in a sealed room? being that your just re-using the same air with CO2 enrichment.

should i just get the biggest one i can find? my current filter is 3ft tall and maybe 18-24'' around with a 10'' Inline on top and does the trick for the smell, so far..

any input is appreciated!

thanks.

Reebs

Reebs

Update,

Tray #1 @ Wk #4
Tray #2 @ Wk #2

Vegged plants for Tray #3 are looking really good and on schedule to move into flower room on Thursday.
IMAG0156
IMAG0157

Veg plants for Table #4, in about 2 1/2 wks they will bo the final table in the flower room.
IMAG0158

Table #1 Full Shot
IMAG0159

some nug shots from table #1

OG Cheese Day 24
IMAG0161

Kromes "The White" Day 24
IMAG0163

Bruce Banner #3 Day 24 w/size comparison
IMAG0164

Cali Kush Day 24
IMAG0169

Table #2 Day 8, Growing into trellis nicely, this tray.
IMAG0166

Tray #3 Ready to setup for Thursday.
IMAG0167

the only other news is they stopped making these agrotech regular sized reflectors i have 4 out of the 8 of, so i ended up getting 2 hydrofarm pro reflectors. they look promising and about the same size of what i have so i'm gonna give em a try.

IMAG0160
IMAG0168
Reebs

Reebs

LOL i don't think anyone is really following anymore, but anyways!!!

got table #3 in 2 days ago, so that makes

Table #1 Wk 5
Table #2 Wk 3
Table #3 Wk 1

i also put up 2 of the new hoods i got, they are the Pro Reflectors from Hydrofarm. so far i've noticed they spread light good but are small kinda. i donno i'll give them a try.

Here are some pics.

Newly Transplanted from Cloner to the T5 side of Veg
IMAG0173

Moved these under the MH, these are or Tray # 4 in 2 wks
IMAG0172

Full Veg shot
IMAG0174

Tray #3
IMAG0178

Another of Tray #3
IMAG0186

Tray #4 gettin ready
IMAG0179

Full Flower Room Shot

IMAG0176

thanks for stoppin in

IMAG0175
IMAG0185
Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Real nice set up my brother..and a nice show.. Were they all clone worthy?.. sure look like it.. Good luck..

Reebs

Reebs

Real nice set up my brother..and a nice show.. Were they all clone worthy?.. sure look like it.. Good luck..

thanks, i appreciate that. this whole room was in planning stages for almost a full year so once it was time to go, i made sure i was killin it!

anyways, i'm going to be filling up the room in a few days and was looking at my calender, with everything going on with a full room i was gonna fall behind on work if i could only work from 8pm-8am as i wake up at 8 am lol and goto bed around 11.

so to fix that i just kept my lights off from yesterday morning at 8 am to this morning at 7:30am. so now my lights are on during the day and will turn off at 7:30PM which allows me to get things done during the day.

i figure with AC and the sealed room, running 8K vented hoods will be fine. we'll see

Top Bottom