__dan1989's Grow Log__

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

What I would do is a two simple test before everything else hen I see something like that . It’s ethier light, temp or fert stress .so let’s norrow it down very easily !

Get a cheap humidity/temp with a probe and put the probe on the peak spot of the crop ( hottest spot you think and closest to light )

And then have it so the meter can show you the max temp ( remember your not always there and even if you have everything optimized then and there who knows if something might be out of whack , I was surprised intill I did it to every single table and put a few on my walls)

The next thing is Nute stress , put a saucer under it or steal water from the flood table after runoff and make sure you have 10-15% min runoff. Check to see how far the ph and ppm is different than your original application . Just do the math and adjust and flush/reduce and make sure to check your runoff.

I used to do 700-850 coco now I’m at 500-650 and my plants def love it more ( spend your money on beneficial spores , without em u just wash ur nutes down th drain most the time )

Enforcer

Enforcer

View attachment 781145 View attachment 781146 View attachment 781147 Can anybody give me some help please? Getting this curling under on few leaves on 2 of the plants. Basically everything else fine, good colour on leaves, just with the curling and rolling up of few leaves.

I suspect I have overwatered the last couple of times. Whether this is a symptom or not I don't know. Online info is sketchy, I have not been able to find anything conclusive...
I would guess ph fluctuations. And she looks to be a little magnesium deficient. Foliar feeding with Epsom salt should fix it.

Enforcer

Enforcer

That's the kind of shit I'd hate to see in my country. I'm one of the few who DOESN'T want legalisation who DOES smoke/grow. Right now, we're a secret society, and there are so many of us that the narcs quite simply can't keep up. Shit goes legal, then you got some asshole with permission demanding to count your plants and all that. To hell with legal!
Nobody counts my plants. I don’t have to register shit. As long as I don’t do anything to pop up on someone radar, no issues. That part hasn’t changed. It’s just now there are so many people growing, they only “police” the ones that are trying to drive a moving truck of the stuff to a non-legal state, or are renting houses to turn into grow ops. Nobody cares about a hobby grower with a few of plants in their garage, basement, or closet. That part is a nice change.

dan1989

dan1989

Nobody counts my plants. I don’t have to register shit. As long as I don’t do anything to pop up on someone radar, no issues. That part hasn’t changed. It’s just now there are so many people growing, they only “police” the ones that are trying to drive a moving truck of the stuff to a non-legal state, or are renting houses to turn into grow ops. Nobody cares about a hobby grower with a few of plants in their garage, basement, or closet. That part is a nice change.

That does sound nice. Would be good to have that here. Then I'll sell it anyway :D

dan1989

dan1989

What I would do is a two simple test before everything else hen I see something like that . It’s ethier light, temp or fert stress .so let’s norrow it down very easily !

Get a cheap humidity/temp with a probe and put the probe on the peak spot of the crop ( hottest spot you think and closest to light )

And then have it so the meter can show you the max temp ( remember your not always there and even if you have everything optimized then and there who knows if something might be out of whack , I was surprised intill I did it to every single table and put a few on my walls)

The next thing is Nute stress , put a saucer under it or steal water from the flood table after runoff and make sure you have 10-15% min runoff. Check to see how far the ph and ppm is different than your original application . Just do the math and adjust and flush/reduce and make sure to check your runoff.

I used to do 700-850 coco now I’m at 500-650 and my plants def love it more ( spend your money on beneficial spores , without em u just wash ur nutes down th drain most the time )

Now the runoff is something I've never done so excuse me for being slow. If I'm understanding the runoff correctly, if my ph is going in at 5.8 and coming out 6.1 for example, does that mean I put in at 5.5?

Enforcer

Enforcer

Now the runoff is something I've never done so excuse me for being slow. If I'm understanding the runoff correctly, if my ph is going in at 5.8 and coming out 6.1 for example, does that mean I put in at 5.5?
Theoretically yes, but I would recommend against making changes based on run off. You just end up chasing your tail.

dan1989

dan1989

Everything is going well, too stoned to bother with pics now I'll throw some up later. Germing another seed in paper towel, Big Bomb by Bomb Seeds. Again it will hopefully grow into a nice mother plant like the Budzilla. Intend to pop a Shiva Skunk seed a month from now.

dan1989

dan1989

Oops I've gotten a bit lazy on the updates. So here goes...

IMG 20180309 182615

Group photo. Four NL#5 autos in the smaller pots. Budzilla reg/feminised in the larger pot, to be a mother. We have a guest staying with us for a week in the rockwool cube, belongs to a friend who flew out yesterday. That's an 8-ball Kush fem from a seed I gave them, I'm germing another 8-ball for myself, also to be a mother plant. The big bomb seed failed to pop, it had been ten days so I'm putting it aside. My 8-ball popped in paper towel and went in a peat pellet today.

IMG 20180309 182712

A month from planting

IMG 20180309 182802

A little training on a couple of the autos to grow out the sides, nothing too dramatic. Obviously won't be able to do ma thang and top etc

IMG 20180309 182824

Our guest. Planted 8 days ago. With us until next Monday

IMG 20180309 182859

Dry on top. My plan of using smaller pots for the autos (idea being wasting less grow time on unnecessarily large root systems) has completely backfired. Got roots growing up through the top of the coco and it's drinking like a fish. Lesson learned the hard way.

IMG 20180309 182712
IMG 20180309 182802
IMG 20180309 182824
IMG 20180309 182859
dan1989

dan1989

Been doing a little training with the 4 autos in the big tent. Pulled the tops down and spread open the foliage, lowered the light right down among them to get some decent side branching going on. Man I hate not topping, plants look shit

IMG 20180312 213107

Height perspective shot

IMG 20180312 213121

And the little tent with seedling and others germing

IMG 20180312 213151

dan1989

dan1989

I feel like I'm being super patient with this first larger scale grow. As I expected, it's a little more tricky looking after multiple plants, especially when doing different strains simultaneously. You can't just mix up one big feed, you gotta mix two feeds cos one strain likes the mix and it's too strong for the other. Plus doing the check overs, takes a bit more time.

But unlike in my previous 1 or 2 plant grows, I'm not just immediately reacting to any little problem like a few brown spots on a leaf or whatever, generally the first thing I do is continue as normal for a few days and see if the problem progresses or was just a fluke. I've had pretty good fortune so far, most of my problems have appeared to be stress related and cleared up by themselves, or I've been under or over feeding.

Had a bit of an issue with the Budzilla mother plant, had the bottom two nodes go yellow with brown mottled appearance. Was recently planted in the rockwool cube into the coco. All new growth is healthy and problem doesn't seem to be traveling. 8-ball kush is doing well, not much to say about that one, Money Bush seed is doing fine and autos are rolling along for what they are worth. Not too bothered with them, might actually need to ditch them if they don't finish early enough. Got rental agency coming on 2nd May, can hide the mothers but the autos will be a problem. They will only be visiting this once then once a year after so I'll be in the clear. No point risking getting caught for some entry level NL#5 autos :D

Enforcer

Enforcer

As I expected, it's a little more tricky looking after multiple plants, especially when doing different strains simultaneously. You can't just mix up one big feed, you gotta mix two feeds cos one strain likes the mix and it's too strong for the other.
This is exactly why I don’t think I want to run different strains simultaneously. But I’m sure people do it, right? I guess we could always set up another res to feed those plants. Have 2 or 3 reservoirs going, depending on how many different nutrient requirements needed. Looking good bro!

dan1989

dan1989

This is exactly why I don’t think I want to run different strains simultaneously. But I’m sure people do it, right? I guess we could always set up another res to feed those plants. Have 2 or 3 reservoirs going, depending on how many different nutrient requirements needed. Looking good bro!

Five mins I'll throw pics up. Thanks

dan1989

dan1989

You can see the yellowing on the Budzilla, which happened last time too. Growing squat as hell exactly like last time too, it was on it's sixth node and looked good so topped two days ago. Money Bush seed stretched a little so moved closer to light. Autos look shit but growing. Not been giving them much attention to be honest.

IMG 20180324 001044
IMG 20180324 001056
IMG 20180324 001132
IMG 20180324 001148
IMG 20180324 001154

Enforcer

Enforcer

You can see the yellowing on the Budzilla, which happened last time too. Growing squat as hell exactly like last time too, it was on it's sixth node and looked good so topped two days ago. Money Bush seed stretched a little so moved closer to light. Autos look shit but growing. Not been giving them much attention to be honest.

View attachment 787387 View attachment 787388 View attachment 787389 View attachment 787390 View attachment 787391
Budzilla plant is fine man. Those leaves look like they are shaded by the ones above and the plant is just pulling the nutes from them. My plants pulled from their 3 finger leaves early too. The rest of the plant looks great. All the other plants look to be cruising right along. I’m with you on the not freaking out over every little spot anymore. If I see damage on a leaf I’ll pull it, scope for bugs, and then wait to see if the damage repeats on another leaf. If it does I continue assessing. If not, I just chalk it up to stuck in the net, or pressed against the tent wall or another leaf. I think (like you), as soon as I realized it’s ok if the plant goes from seed to harvest without always having perfect leaves and to just relax, I became a better farmer.

dan1989

dan1989

Budzilla plant is fine man. Those leaves look like they are shaded by the ones above and the plant is just pulling the nutes from them. My plants pulled from their 3 finger leaves early too. The rest of the plant looks great. All the other plants look to be cruising right along. I’m with you on the not freaking out over every little spot anymore. If I see damage on a leaf I’ll pull it, scope for bugs, and then wait to see if the damage repeats on another leaf. If it does I continue assessing. If not, I just chalk it up to stuck in the net, or pressed against the tent wall or another leaf. I think (like you), as soon as I realized it’s ok if the plant goes from seed to harvest without always having perfect leaves and to just relax, I became a better farmer.

Couldn't have said it better

incogneato

incogneato

First 2 runs were 7 and 9 strains each. This one is a monocrop and it almost feels boring lol. I hand water so its not too hard to cater to them though .

Top Bottom