__dan1989's Grow Log__

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Ok update. So glad I got my ec meter, the problem has gone the opposite way, the newest leaves have turned dark green so at least it's still eating. Seems I massively overfed to compensate for the starvation. I'm gonna try feeding the coco at 1.5 ec, or 750ppm, sound about right guys? Or too high?
Sounds good. Due to her size I would recommend starting at an EC of 1.0-1.2 this week, and bumping it up to around 1.6-1.8 when she starts to grow with some vigor.

incogneato

incogneato

Ok update. So glad I got my ec meter, the problem has gone the opposite way, the newest leaves have turned dark green so at least it's still eating. Seems I massively overfed to compensate for the starvation. I'm gonna try feeding the coco at 1.5 ec, or 750ppm, sound about right guys? Or too high?
I feed at around 400ppm at that size, 750 is too high imo. Probably got n tox if they're dark green. Try to follow the ratio on the bottles but just cut them down equally. Like 1/4 strenght to start.

dan1989

dan1989

Hey guys, well seems things are brightening up, got a bit of nute burn as mentioned before but should gain control now that I finally got my ec meter. Got a bit of canoeing on the upper leaves but can't blame her with all the nute stress and drowning I've put her through. Growth seems to be speeding up again. Hopefully she won't hermie on me...oh and props @incogneato on the brown perlite thing, I started feeding smaller volume more frequently and coco is no longer staying saturated. Peace!

dan1989

dan1989

IMG 20171025 220248

Lol looks pretty sorry but I'm strangely happy to see the dark green compared to dying yellow :D getting the doses under control...

incogneato

incogneato

Hey guys, well seems things are brightening up, got a bit of nute burn as mentioned before but should gain control now that I finally got my ec meter. Got a bit of canoeing on the upper leaves but can't blame her with all the nute stress and drowning I've put her through. Growth seems to be speeding up again. Hopefully she won't hermie on me...oh and props @incogneato on the brown perlite thing, I started feeding smaller volume more frequently and coco is no longer staying saturated. Peace!
No doubt bro! Glad I could help. I learned that from one of the Og's here at the farm.
View attachment 752966

Lol looks pretty sorry but I'm strangely happy to see the dark green compared to dying yellow :D getting the doses under control...
Shes already looking better. How far away are you keeping your light?

Irietime

Irietime

Got a decent pic. Does the bushiness of my plant strike anyone as odd? Never grown from seed in coco before so not really sure what to expect...

View attachment 751547
My guess is the light is to close. I use led, and have grown some plants that stayed super short and dense like yours. I raised the light and lst’ed to start bushing it out. In your case you can’t raise the light sooo.....can you use a shallow pot to get the plant further from the light or something, just brainstorming:)subbed. Peace

incogneato

incogneato

My guess is the light is to close. I use led, and have grown some plants that stayed super short and dense like yours. I raised the light and lst’ed to start bushing it out. In your case you can’t raise the light sooo.....can you use a shallow pot to get the plant further from the light or something, just brainstorming:)subbed. Peace
I agree on the light being too close

dan1989

dan1989

Got a few inches left on height, but I'm almost maxed out. Got it in Tupperware at the moment, 14L tub, got it with low height in mind but was the shortest thing I could find. Too late to transplant, I can see through the bottom that the roots are too far developed to think about transplanting now. Will have to do my best...lst as early as possible

dan1989

dan1989

I think I'm starting to understand why so many hydro heads use RO water, 0.0 EC. That's the thing, how are you supposed to know what minerals are actually in the tap water. It could be pure calcium for all I know...

Enforcer

Enforcer

I think I'm starting to understand why so many hydro heads use RO water, 0.0 EC. That's the thing, how are you supposed to know what minerals are actually in the tap water. It could be pure calcium for all I know...
That’s why I got one. I want total control of my grow. Very hard to do when one of my most important components (Water) is an unknown variable.

dan1989

dan1989

yes 30ml would be why to high i only give that strength when there in beginning stage of flower ive used dutch pro before its very similar to canna also with dosage

I also found last run that I could never reach the max dose (5ml/L) without nute burning. Then again, I never had an ec meter so God knows what I was actually feeding them.

dan1989

dan1989

Well daily check reveals the new growth is looking nice and healthy. Growth has sped up, new leaves developing rapidly. Still dark green but no burn, should start lightening up a little now that I've downed the feed strength. I think she's gonna survive :D amazing how much easier it is with an ec meter, no more guessing games!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom