__dan1989's Grow Log__

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Leaves look healthy and good color, maybe alittle to much water but you noticed that - how long do plan to veg?

I'm gonna give no more than 4 weeks due to space, needless to say there will be a fair bit of LST. No idea how much stretch there will be, gonna account for at least 100% stretch

dan1989

dan1989

Plant not looking so hot today, seems I've been underfeeding. First true leaves have had all the nutes sucked out of them, quite a few fan leaves yellowed overnight. That explains the slow growth. Upped the feed dose and taking the advice on feeding every day. Anyone have any ideas on how long it will take for the nutes to start being taken up by the plant? And yes this is straight coco with 30% perlite. Think I have a cal/mag deficiency too, notice the brown spots on the close-up leaf pic, probably where I flushed out the coco last week due to nute burn, guess I overdone it. Man coco takes a lot of learning, went so smooth last run. Any input? I started using veg nutes, dutch pro, feel confident they have enough calcium etc as used only dutch pro grow and bloom formulas last run and had no deficiencies whatsoever.
IMG 20171022 201446
IMG 20171022 201509
IMG 20171022 201528

dan1989

dan1989

It is so imperative to feed coco at least daily. I started my grow at almost the exact time you did. I feed twice a day from day one. Just the strength and amount changes. Love to have you tag along if you like.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/white-widow-400w-grow.92060/

Already watching brother :) your girls look great. This run so far has at least taught me that having ready rooted clones to start with is one hell of a luxury. I'm sure I'll be able to nurse her around, set myself back quite a bit but learned some valuable lessons so far.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Already watching brother :) your girls look great. This run so far has at least taught me that having ready rooted clones to start with is one hell of a luxury. I'm sure I'll be able to nurse her around, set myself back quite a bit but learned some valuable lessons so far.
Right on man! Sorry if I already invited you. I forget stuff sometimes....don't really know why.....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Plant not looking so hot today, seems I've been underfeeding. First true leaves have had all the nutes sucked out of them, quite a few fan leaves yellowed overnight. That explains the slow growth. Upped the feed dose and taking the advice on feeding every day. Anyone have any ideas on how long it will take for the nutes to start being taken up by the plant? And yes this is straight coco with 30% perlite. Think I have a cal/mag deficiency too, notice the brown spots on the close-up leaf pic, probably where I flushed out the coco last week due to nute burn, guess I overdone it. Man coco takes a lot of learning, went so smooth last run. Any input? I started using veg nutes, dutch pro, feel confident they have enough calcium etc as used only dutch pro grow and bloom formulas last run and had no deficiencies whatsoever. View attachment 752089 View attachment 752090 View attachment 752091
do you have holes in the bottom of that pot or tupperware?
You need to start them out in solo cups with holes in the bottom.
Fuck the peralite.
What nutes you have?
Make up 1 ec nutes at 5.8 and feed the solo cup plants, a 3/4 solo cup of the 1 ec nutrient every day at lights on for first week.
Up it to full solo cup every day at lights on for the 2nd week,
then transplant in to 1 gal pots..
Then Up feed to 1.5 Ec and feed till run off EVERY day at lights on...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Plenty of holes yes. Started in solo but transferred early. Dutch pro a + b nutes...
your on the other side of the pond aint you?
I dont know shit about Dutch so this is where my help ends..

But i would repot into solos again..
the plant is hurting.
Repot into solo cup, make sure light isnt to close, and feed every day till run off..
Use the sips method!

dan1989

dan1989

your on the other side of the pond aint you?
I dont know shit about Dutch so this is where my help ends..

But i would repot into solos again..
the plant is hurting.
Repot into solo cup, make sure light isnt to close, and feed every day till run off..
Use the sips method!

Roots are waaaay too long to think about replanting now unfortunately. Gonna have to do my best to nurse her. If not, major lesson learned

incogneato

incogneato

Plant not looking so hot today, seems I've been underfeeding. First true leaves have had all the nutes sucked out of them, quite a few fan leaves yellowed overnight. That explains the slow growth. Upped the feed dose and taking the advice on feeding every day. Anyone have any ideas on how long it will take for the nutes to start being taken up by the plant? And yes this is straight coco with 30% perlite. Think I have a cal/mag deficiency too, notice the brown spots on the close-up leaf pic, probably where I flushed out the coco last week due to nute burn, guess I overdone it. Man coco takes a lot of learning, went so smooth last run. Any input? I started using veg nutes, dutch pro, feel confident they have enough calcium etc as used only dutch pro grow and bloom formulas last run and had no deficiencies whatsoever. View attachment 752089 View attachment 752090 View attachment 752091
Hey brotha, got a grow going finally? She's definitely hungry. Also looks like that big pot is causing you some trouble, what size is It? . I would water daily like suggested but water around the edge of your pot to let the roots search for the nutes. I'm gonna look up your nutes and see how much cal mag it has. Coco is actually really easy, it's all about good watering practices and keeping your ph in check. What ph are you feeding at?

dan1989

dan1989

Hey brotha, got a grow going finally? She's definitely hungry. Also looks like that big pot is causing you some trouble, what size is It? . I would water daily like suggested but water around the edge of your pot to let the roots search for the nutes. I'm gonna look up your nutes and see how much cal mag it has. Coco is actually really easy, it's all about good watering practices and keeping your ph in check. What ph are you feeding at?

Hey man, yeah finally :) pot size is 14L, don't know in gallons. Roots seem to have caught up in last few days, gonna try the watering edges. I PH at 5.8 as standard

incogneato

incogneato

Hey man, yeah finally :) pot size is 14L, don't know in gallons. Roots seem to have caught up in last few days, gonna try the watering edges. I PH at 5.8 as standard
Yea that's over 3.6 gallons. Pretty big for such a small girl. Do you have a tds or ec meter? Just curious what strength you're feeding at. When you see the perilite turn beige or brownish that means it's generally staying wet. It looks like those nutes are all set on cal mag. Once you get those roots filled out things will smooth out for you. I would water with less volume, more frequently until you get there

dan1989

dan1989

Yea that's over 3.6 gallons. Pretty big for such a small girl. Do you have a tds or ec meter? Just curious what strength you're feeding at. When you see the perilite turn beige or brownish that means it's generally staying wet. It looks like those nutes are all set on cal mag. Once you get those roots filled out things will smooth out for you. I would water with less volume, more frequently until you get there

Hey thanks dude, really appreciate the help. I'm actually on my way to buy an ec meter as we speak, long overdue. I'll let you know exactly what I'm feeding later. As far as feed doses go, in your opinion, should I feed a lower dose to account for the higher frequency of feeding?

incogneato

incogneato

Hey thanks dude, really appreciate the help. I'm actually on my way to buy an ec meter as we speak, long overdue. I'll let you know exactly what I'm feeding later. As far as feed doses go, in your opinion, should I feed a lower dose to account for the higher frequency of feeding?
I would, your root system hasn't filled out that pot yet. You don't want a bunch of soggy coco sitting at the bottom for long periods of time. In coco you get fresh oxygen to the roots each time you water so smaller more frequent feedings will keep your medium oxygenated better than one big feeding. If you're talking about strength I would cut the recommended dose at least in half til she gets a little bigger. A meter makes it easy to know where you're at on that front. I give my small girls around 400 ppm in coco

dan1989

dan1989

Ok update. So glad I got my ec meter, the problem has gone the opposite way, the newest leaves have turned dark green so at least it's still eating. Seems I massively overfed to compensate for the starvation. I'm gonna try feeding the coco at 1.5 ec, or 750ppm, sound about right guys? Or too high?

Top Bottom