A/C duct question.

• Thread starter stackinthedeck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stackinthedeck

In one of my rooms, that i'm air ducting my lights. I was going to run a 10 inch can max fan to a Y duct piece pulling through my charcoal filter 8'' and the 6'' pulling through the exhaust pipe coming out of my portable a/c.

How will this affect the air flow? Will it over spin the A/C motor choosing the path of lest resistance?

My goal is to cut less holes in this room if I can.

Thanks,

-Stac

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
In one of my rooms, that i'm air ducting my lights. I was going to run a 10 inch can max fan to a Y duct piece pulling through my charcoal filter 8'' and the 6'' pulling through the exhaust pipe coming out of my portable a/c.

How will this affect the air flow? Will it over spin the A/C motor choosing the path of lest resistance?

My goal is to cut less holes in this room if I can.

Thanks,

-Stac

I use a 12 inch "wye" (It's a Y) connected to two 8", which is about even when you do the math as far as sq inches, a 12 is equal to 2 8 " flows. I'd go with that, and then dumb it down to 6"at the a/c, which, by the way, is blowing air out, anyway, so maybe you get a better draw through that 8" carbon scrubber by increasing the velocity of the can fan. Oh, and the only way to really see how it will work, ulitmately, is to try it... so go for it!

S

stackinthedeck

will do

I use a 12 inch "wye" (It's a Y) connected to two 8", which is about even when you do the math as far as sq inches, a 12 is equal to 2 8 " flows. I'd go with that, and then dumb it down to 6"at the a/c, which, by the way, is blowing air out, anyway, so maybe you get a better draw through that 8" carbon scrubber by increasing the velocity of the can fan. Oh, and the only way to really see how it will work, ulitmately, is to try it... so go for it!

Thanks, I will keep you updated. Now the mini-Split went out in my garage. I swear if its not one thing its another. When I leave this business im not sure if I should a be an electrician or do HVAC. What about home inspection, being that I have had to crawl in just about every nook and cranny hundreds of times. WOW

-Stackin

hiboy

hiboy

Dont be an electrician,,,,,,,,, im trying to lessen that field and grow more pot
h

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks, I will keep you updated. Now the mini-Split went out in my garage. I swear if its not one thing its another. When I leave this business im not sure if I should a be an electrician or do HVAC. What about home inspection, being that I have had to crawl in just about every nook and cranny hundreds of times. WOW

-Stackin

Funny you said that, if it wasn't for the 5,000 hours off bullshit apprenticeship I WOULD be an Electrician. Other trades we growers could participate in include, Plumbing, HVAC, you could be a Framer, Drywaller, install Insulation...... the list is pretty long! :banana1sv6:

Oh, and I forgot Dishwasher, how could I forget that, I washed about 100 pot saucers yesterday, my wife is still mad at me for filling the bathtub with all that leftover coco.......

S

stackinthedeck

time

Funny you said that, if it wasn't for the 5,000 hours off bullshit apprenticeship I WOULD be an Electrician. Other trades we growers could participate in include, Plumbing, HVAC, you could be a Framer, Drywaller, install Insulation...... the list is pretty long! :banana1sv6:

Oh, and I forgot Dishwasher, how could I forget that, I washed about 100 pot saucers yesterday, my wife is still mad at me for filling the bathtub with all that leftover coco.......

Funny... A year ago I set up a 12k watt garden for my uncle in "need." Lets just say I have re-named him Dr. Brownthumb. And if thats not bad enough he flushed something in the toilet that didnt go down...

I looked at him and said, "so now your going to make me start my self taught apprenticship in plumbing? And why in the F&^% are you flushing your left over cereal in the toilet? Oh if I could rewind five years, "feast or famine."

Anyhow thanks again.

-Stac

Top Bottom