Which one would you choose?

• Option 1

• Option 2

• Option 3

• Option 4

Results are only viewable after voting.
P

Pass2TheLeft

Ive found if you run 30/70 blue red during veg they grow very very fast on full spectrum i.e both running in 4 weeks 1 plant can fill a 5 by 5 area from rooted cutting

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ive found if you run 30/70 blue red during veg they grow very very fast on full spectrum i.e both running in 4 weeks 1 plant can fill a 5 by 5 area from rooted cutting
Yeah i know, and if i scrog or something the 3000K-3500K should work very well but i got elongated plants with 3000K this time. I am going to flip a coin in the end i guess :D

P

Pass2TheLeft

Yeah i know, and if i scrog or something the 3000K-3500K should work very well but i got elongated plants with 3000K this time. I am going to flip a coin in the end i guess :D
Haha good on you bro i would aswell im looking forward to seeing you crack a epic yield next grow;)

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Have you flowered under 4K?
Yes, but not with cob's.
DSCN0934

The left is running around 2700k and the right is a mix of 3.5 and 4k

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What would the best spectrum in your opinion for flowering?
I read about 2700K, 3000K and 3500K. People swear by them all.

I can’t recommend led as I have not used them yet.

My personal experience is with HPS, MH and CMH.

I will say if you want shorter plants mix some more blue in to help reduce stretch.

Also keep lights out temps close to lights on temps. Cold nights cause plants to stretch more.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

If you want a more balanced spectrum wouldn’t option 4 make more sense?
10X3000K
6X4000K
2X6500K

I know there are too many variables to accurately calculate the exact K value of resulting light from these leds but the mixture of these lights will probably be warmer than 4000K. So it will still be a warm light for flower.

I liked the configuration of option 3 more as it spread out the more blue light but left the spectrum red enough in flower to get good results. It still provides a wide spectrum but gets the flowering spectrum a little more red which seems to give desireable results.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
It looks delicious and with only 270 watts! Thats nice! Do you have the weigh in results of the left one too :)

Yes, but not with cob's.
View attachment 837842
The left is running around 2700k and the right is a mix of 3.5 and 4k

3/4 of them are the same strain. After all was said and done the ones on the right produced 18 ounces under 270 watts in a 3x4' area.
View attachment 837885

Wow! Looks frosty too!

But what about the left?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Wow! Looks frosty too!

But what about the left?
Sorry , looks like some of my corrected post didn't post right.
The ones on the left were the 18 ounces dry, which is 6 plants in 9 L pots of coir.
The right is only 4 plants with a week longer veg period and as such they are a week behind flower from the left ones, and they yielded a pound.
I was sort of worried with the one right ones as far as how well the LED's would penetrate those taller plants but it did better than I thought.
DSCN0971
DSCN0972
DSCN0973

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
So 2700K, 6 plants = 18 oz.
3.5K-4K, 4 plants = 16 oz.

Same wattage?

I know this will not prove anything as there are different strains and these probably came from seeds not the same mothers, right?

But it shows you can get good yields under colder whites too. Maybe even better :)

Also, i think all this leds don’t have penetration stuff is bs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry , looks like some of my corrected post didn't post right.
The ones on the left were the 18 ounces dry, which is 6 plants in 9 L pots of coir.
The right is only 4 plants with a week longer veg period and as such they are a week behind flower from the left ones, and they yielded a pound.
I was sort of worried with the one right ones as far as how well the LED's would penetrate those taller plants but it did better than I thought.
View attachment 837984 View attachment 837985 View attachment 837986

Well I’m only looking at pics but it seems the warmer spectrum made more buds faster.

Quality differences?

I am upgrading my 4 year old hps system soon and am still likely to buy hps again for the flower room. Maybe with a cmh in between the 2 600’s.

But I do need the extra radiant heat in winter. Rooms already cold and has a night time heater added this year.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So 2700K, 6 plants = 18 oz.
3.5K-4K, 4 plants = 16 oz.

Same wattage?

I know this will not prove anything as there are different strains and these probably came from seeds not the same mothers, right?

But it shows you can get good yields under colder whites too. Maybe even better :)

Also, i think all this leds don’t have penetration stuff is bs.

Yes, same wattage. No, mainly same strains from cuttings. Per say, I don't really keep mothers, they get too big really fast for my space.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Well I’m only looking at pics but it seems the warmer spectrum made more buds faster.

Quality differences?

I am upgrading my 4 year old hps system soon and am still likely to buy hps again for the flower room. Maybe with a cmh in between the 2 600’s.

But I do need the extra radiant heat in winter. Rooms already cold and has a night time heater added this year.
Already got the DE hung back up and running just to get my lights on temps to 75. You're probably running heat up there ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Already got the DE hung back up and running just to get my lights on temps to 75. You're probably running heat up there ?

At lights out I keep an oil radiator heater on low in the flower room and the veg tent/ lung room to keep temps above 65 degrees.

Lights on exhaust from the flower room actually runs down through the Grow room floor and under the living room floor and is blowing toward the open basement stairs to be recirculated by the ceiling fan and sent back to the living area.

In summer it is connected to the chimney to exhaust outside.

The cmh exhaust in the veg tent blows back into the living room.

The rooms are adjacent to the living room and a few feet from the couch. The supplemental heat probably saves 400 gallons of propane per winter.

Top Bottom