A Fem Seeds Versus Regular Seeds Question

• Thread starter bongzaway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DJ.s..Blueberry

DJ.s..Blueberry

Bulgarian Moderator
Are fem seeds more stable/similar than regular seeds? I know fem seeds most often have a higher rate for hermies and freaky plants but I am wondering about fem seeds being the same "randomness" compared to the differences that comes from growing regular seeds. For example, I can grow out 20 topbreeder regular seeds and end up with a wide variety of phenos...some bad, some average and maybe a keeper or two. But in regards to fem seeds it is possible that the fem seeds are more "the same"...similar to clones. OTOH is it the better breeders who can develop regular seeds which put out less pheno's and dial in on the best traits of the parents they chose?

I ask these questions because over the years I have spent a lot of money on the high-end/top breeder regular seeds only to find a HUGE difference in pheno types. And I often have a hard time finding real keepers. ( I won't even get into the poor germination rates for now) I do some pollen chucking of my own and IMO I see no difference in top breeder strains compared to my pollen chucked stuff. I don't mind paying top dollar for big-name seeds but in the last 10 years I haven't been impressed with the cannabis seed industry. Thoughts?

BTW I have been growing for 30 years or so and do not consider myself a novice grower.
Fem seeds are bullshits that have nothing to do with breeding ;)
Try DJ Short ;)

dankninja

dankninja

thats a little harsh i think. some hacks have totally botched their fem offerings, but there are several companies that actually stress plot their REGULAR parent plants before feminizing select mothers. agreed spraying a plant with chemicals is not breeding by definition. but fem seeds are not all bullshit(s) IMO. kinda too cut and dry

DN

dankninja

dankninja

SUNP0003

Top Bottom