A Month In On 8 Gelato

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Looking good even though I burnt the tips of the pistils just a little.
What week are you in here? I’m kinda new too but usually I’ve seen swell come around week 5-6 I’m starting week 4 now waiting for swell myself. I messed up n let the nodes get a little spaced this time. Hopefully it doesnt kill the cola stacking.

S

Shawnery

Day 23 and they literally just started adding size and looking like buds. For the last few days I thought they were stuck. Then suddenly today I go in there and some of them are easily twice as big. I'm sure they were getting bigger the entire time and I just noticed it.

S

Shawnery

Not sure if you can tell by the photo but they are really starting to stack unless I understand it incorrectly. Though they are no where near connecting.

Day 24 and 36 more to go.

20180516 161350
20180516 161422
20180516 161428
20180516 161437
20180516 161452
Last edited:
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Not sure if you can tell by the photo but they are really starting to stack unless I understand it incorrectly. Though they are no where near connecting.

Day 24 and 66 more to go.
Oh but they will DEF connect by the looks of it. 90 Days, is that how long they say to go?

S

Shawnery

I don't know why I typed that! It's 60 days average. So I have 36 days to go, duh.

Thanks for pointing it out, the minute I read your response I knew I was wrong.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I don't know why I typed that! It's 60 days average. So I have 36 days to go, duh.

Thanks for pointing it out, the minute I read your response I knew I was wrong.
That sounds a lot better, they’re stacking for sure

S

Shawnery

From this point if all goes well how much more size or weight do you think they'll put on?

I was hoping for some coke bottle buds but I can't imagine they'll get that much bigger.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

From this point if all goes well how much more size or weight do you think they'll put on?

I was hoping for some coke bottle buds but I can't imagine they'll get that much bigger.
You won’t see results like that until at least say 35 or more, they’ll get there. The last two weeks they fatten up hard just make sure your RH is 35-40 for last two weeks of cycle

S

Shawnery

I've got something very confusing going on With my grow.

First off my plants have switched from 2.20ec down to 1.65ec when I switched to flower. It took me a week to find the magic number but it's not so magic. The nutes will stay level one or two days and then the next day it can go up to 1.8. then I put it down to 1.65 again and it starts over.

Is it possible that my plants are drinking so much water that they can't consume more nutes at some point? It gets worse the lower the water level gets as well which makes since but.

I've even had it drop then be level then rise, so confusing. Most days before lights out my plants can drink an average of 1 gallon a day which I've been told on here is pretty high.

How is it that 1.65 stays level or even goes down a little for 2 days and that's adding between 5 and 8 gallons of water a day and then a couple days later rise from 1.65 to 1.8?

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

I ended up tying the inner branches I could reach to the light fixture. Then I wrapped twine all the way around the outer branches. Now I wish I would have wrapped twine around them in the beginning. Better yet I should have only vegged for 30 days instead of 60.

The Gelato strain is such a bush instead of a tree.

S

Shawnery

Emergency hanging technique, yo-yos on the way, should be fine till Thursday. The loop of twine around the outer stems and braches is working well. Poor man's tomato cages.

Day 30,

20180522 130025
20180522 130129
20180522 130051
G

Gtek

I read through the whole thread and I really like what you got going there. How does the lower half of your plants look like at this point? Do you mind snapping some pics to reveal what's going on beneath the skirt. I ran into similiar problems like you the lower half is too crowded and there is not much light getting there so I have been thinking of doing some pruning now I am just weighting pros and cons. Mine are at day 25 of bloom and seem to be very similiar to yours in development. I am not sure yet what to do at this point my concern is that I don't want to stress them....

S

Shawnery

This is 15 days ago. Will take a new one when I get the time.

I found out to late that this strain is much better off about half the height of this. Gelato grows more like a bush than a tree and better off shorter.

I did three full prunings untill I got to this point and I still have way to many tops.

20180508 201130
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Emergency hanging technique, yo-yos on the way, should be fine till Thursday. The loop of twine around the outer stems and braches is working well. Poor man's tomato cages.

Day 30,
Dude you can still get a vigor 5x10 net and trim off the excess from Home Depot for 4 bucks. Why don’t you just grab one and spend a little time weaning them through? I’m not saying scrog it but support it.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I read through the whole thread and I really like what you got going there. How does the lower half of your plants look like at this point? Do you mind snapping some pics to reveal what's going on beneath the skirt. I ran into similiar problems like you the lower half is too crowded and there is not much light getting there so I have been thinking of doing some pruning now I am just weighting pros and cons. Mine are at day 25 of bloom and seem to be very similiar to yours in development. I am not sure yet what to do at this point my concern is that I don't want to stress them....
Wait until week 6 and do another defoliation. There going to explode the next couple weeks and slow down again just to blow up again. I don’t think Shawnery has any issues with the amount of growth at lower points of the plant, the things are just too damn big. Hydro plants grow legit like double a soil plant (not sure what medium you’re in) they’re not as easily supportive

S

Shawnery

Dude you can still get a vigor 5x10 net and trim off the excess from Home Depot for 4 bucks. Why don’t you just grab one and spend a little time weaning them through? I’m not saying scrog it but support it.

There's no way to reach the middle or the other side easily because of it's placement of the tent. Even on the side that I can reach opposite sides I can't image how I'd get in the middle. They're 5 feet tall and I'm only 6'2". I agree I should have and I will next time. As for the moment though these techniques will have to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom