A Month In On 8 Gelato

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

5 feet was a guess. I would say that the tallest ones are about 5 feet no bucket and the small ones are about 3 1/2 feet no bucket. Not really sure why 4 got huge and 4 didn't. They were smaller before the flip but in general I've been wondering why.

S

Shawnery

These are on the 3rd of June. So far the trichomes are all cloudy with about 5% with amber tips. This is the beginning of the 7th week on an 8 to 9 week Gelato strain. I was thinking of beginning my flush st the end of this week.

Sound good?

20180603 195041
20180603 195113
20180603 195100
S

Shawnery

Tried some of the buds that came off 30 days early and only about half way through curing. Tastes like shit but it's damn nice and stony. Extremely heady which makes since considering how early into flowering they were taken.

S

Shawnery

If flushing is for the medium and you flush soil for 2 weeks, shouldn't flushing rdwc take only a few days?

It's not about taking the easy way out it's just about trying to understand. I just cant imagine it taking more than a few days in straight water to reach the same result that takes 2 weeks in soil.

If you just look at how quick deficiencies take place in rdwc vs. soil or burning plants with to many nutrients than why would flushing take the same time?

S

Shawnery

Do you think those two last photos that are showing are different pheno's? They are so different in every way.

Farmer P

Farmer P

If flushing is for the medium and you flush soil for 2 weeks, shouldn't flushing rdwc take only a few days?

It's not about taking the easy way out it's just about trying to understand. I just cant imagine it taking more than a few days in straight water to reach the same result that takes 2 weeks in soil.

If you just look at how quick deficiencies take place in rdwc vs. soil or burning plants with to many nutrients than why would flushing take the same time?

Getting the nutes out of the medium and out of the plant are two different things.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Getting the nutes out of the medium and out of the plant are two different things.

How about this?
You flush your plant 2 to 3 days and take a photo. Then keep on for another week and a half then take a photo and report your findings to us here.

S

Shawnery

They're already moving to fall colors and I've dropped my nutes to 300ppm. The only thing I'm currently adding is bloom dry a p/k booster I believe.

I understand about flushing the plant of excess nutrients but as I've found out the last two grows it usually takes about 48 hours to effect a plant in hydro.

So my initial question still persists, why do we need to flush hydro the same amount of time as soil? It literally takes so much more time to see changes in a soil plant compared to hydro so why is this different.

I understand leaves changing as you flush but a plant will do this either with or without a flush. It's just as the plants in your front yard, no? They turn color in fall because the cycle of the plant not because of the amount of nutrients in the soil or how much they are flushed.

Farmer P

Farmer P

They're already moving to fall colors and I've dropped my nutes to 300ppm. The only thing I'm currently adding is bloom dry a p/k booster I believe.

I understand about flushing the plant of excess nutrients but as I've found out the last two grows it usually takes about 48 hours to effect a plant in hydro.

So my initial question still persists, why do we need to flush hydro the same amount of time as soil? It literally takes so much more time to see changes in a soil plant compared to hydro so why is this different.

I understand leaves changing as you flush but a plant will do this either with or without a flush. It's just as the plants in your front yard, no? They turn color in fall because the cycle of the plant not because of the amount of nutrients in the soil or how much they are flushed.

I think too many parameters. Different strains. etc... You have to do the experiments this time.
We can't grow your plants so you do the experiments and show us. That would be cool (I think). :drunk: lol.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Just go plain water for a week before your chop, that will be enough time. The best way to ensure it comes out of the plant is to lower your PPMs gradually, then plain water flush. I start at week 7 by cutting my nutes to PK only, and at minimal amounts. PPMS are never over 750, so its a lot easier for me to drop them. By week 8, I have them dropped at least to 450 ppms. It takes a bit more work for me to get the water out, so I put a water pump in and drain it out, then refill with plain. You're going to have sediments in your plain water which I wouldn't worry about. You will see your whole plants stem frame start fading to almost a yellow, not just the leaves, and that's how you know you're doing it right. If you're stalk work is still pretty green, you didn't flush it enough

By the sounds of it, you have your ppm in a good spot, take a week to flush, they'll be just fine

S

Shawnery

Even when I ran just kool bloom dry for a week the leaves started to go the way of fall pretty quick. Almost the entire upper 2/3rds of my plants are dark purple and black. My leaves feel crispy and crush in my fingers like dried seaweed.

I'm on my second day of flushing now everything is accelerating quickly.

Here's the color of my girls right now. I think they're getting close. Trichs on the buds are milky and bent over with a few amber.

20180618 153108
Top Bottom