A Single Straw Can Start A Revolution. - Masanobu Fukuoka

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

Welcome
A single straw can start a revolution   masanobu fukuoka 4

I wanted to start fresh as I am taking a step back and dedicating this journal to the art of replicating nature to the best of our abilities while I dive into this book. I am very interested to get this gentleman's view of not only farming but how it can relate to everyday life.

I am always seeking input and it is always welcome. I am not by any means an expert. This is only my 2nd cycle as a no till gardener and the first in these containers.

A single straw can start a revolution   masanobu fukuoka

As I stated I am only a catalyst in this journal. It's merely a homage to No Till Gardening and "The One Straw Movement" and everyone who is passionate about it. I will however provide the best environment possible.
  • 2x 315w phantom CMH 3100k Phillips lamps
  • 6x3x1 geopot planter
  • Blumat automatic watering system
I cannot take credit for any flowers produced. The credit is to be given to the guys and gals who inspired, educated me, then led me down this path to the most potent of flower and exquisite terpene profiles I have ever ever experienced. This particular Afghan cow had a pine tar with skunky earthy undertones and finished with a smooth spicy flavor.
A single straw can start a revolution   masanobu fukuoka 3

As I become more familiar with my soil composition and the soil and humus mature even more exquisite buds are in my future to enjoy.

Thanks again to the truly knowledgeable preservationists of cultivars and the thepractice of responsible and sustainable gardening.
A single straw can start a revolution   masanobu fukuoka 2

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

These plants are not grown by any man.
i got a question 4 u,do u check ph or what do you do to add p&k?only ask cause the last pic on yur first statement(wile plants look good/frosty)u can catch a better swell by minipulating yur till more.stems on fans r red unless its a pheno thing?

Organikz

Organikz

i got a question 4 u,do u check ph or what do you do to add p&k?only ask cause the last pic on yur first statement(wile plants look good/frosty)u can catch a better swell by minipulating yur till more.stems on fans r red unless its a pheno thing?
Thanks for mentioning it. If you look into coots recipe it's short on phos to me. Coots religiously brewed teas. I actually have discussed this with a friend of coots who agreed with me.

I would have 2 teas brewing and seed sprout teas and everything else that country folk have time for. I amended rock phosphate and langbeinite in recently along with 1 cup top dress of kelp meal. I am feeling it balanced out. It's hard to keep that phos up in soil that hasn't matured.

When you give the roots room to stretch they really stretch so we burn a lot of phos in veg also. They adjusted their schedules when the soil was already mature.

Last edited:
Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

Have you had your soil tested? It's a noble path to take going no till. But it seems you'd make more strides understanding your soil composition with a soil analysis. Then you're amending would be calculated and not assumptions.

Organikz

Organikz

Have you had your soil tested? It's a noble path to take going no till. But it seems you'd make more strides understanding your soil composition with a soil analysis. Then you're amending would be calculated and not assumptions.
I know I need to get this done. I am going to take a sample after this cycle. I like trying to learn to read what they want but maybe it would be the better option to have it tested.

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

Absolutely! Reading your plants can't be discredited. But having a soil analysis to accompany your visual assessment will increase your ability to corroborate positive and negative changes in you're amendment practices as well as placing a baseline for you to chart out from for future evolutions of your no till practices. Love that you don't till. Keep it up, I'll tag along.

Organikz

Organikz

@fatawa it's hard to explain but in organics the plant stops signalling uptake and begins to consume itself. Yours does it fast when you flush. Ours is a slow steady swell and flush. You don't want to try to force anything or you can interrupt sugar signals which can influence genetic expressions. I am running these girls dry. I want every fan leaf yellow then I'll give them an extra week. They get a nice swell then.

Organikz

Organikz

Absolutely! Reading your plants can't be discredited. But having a soil analysis to accompany your visual assessment will increase your ability to corroborate positive and negative changes in you're amendment practices as well as placing a baseline for you to chart out from for future evolutions of your no till practices. Love that you don't till. Keep it up, I'll tag along.
So well worded that you have me sold.

@leadsled told me to get my shit together. Nah he's a really nice guy. It's refreshing to see a grower with his knowledge remain humble. I like what one grower who streamed lectures...very knowledgeable guy.

"We're here to grow cannabis and fine cannabis at that. The egos don't need any growing."

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

I am running these girls dry. I want every fan leaf yellow then I'll give them an extra week. They get a nice swell then.
im curious to c that.i dnt understand how something degrading can swell?n im a huge fan of not letting them yellow out,as ive never seen any fruit/veggie swell as its decomposing..i pull mine as soon as i get even a lil amber cause thats a sign of decomposing not ripening...(imo).i wouldnt eat a fruit that bruising/dieing.

fatawa

fatawa

Im in dwc so i dnt need much of a flush.3-5days.i usualy cheat in use "florakleen" for mine.lol.but ill def stick around n watch this grow as im very curious as to what u r saying.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

@Organikz I'm like you and mostly just read my plants. I always have great results like you said. In large beds like your running though I bet soil tests would really help perfect things. I thought of doing it before but I'm only growing in 7 - 10 gallon pots so I'm just not going to bother for a small body of soil.

Organikz

Organikz

@Organikz I'm like you and mostly just read my plants. I always have great results like you said. In large beds like your running though I bet soil tests would really help perfect things. I thought of doing it before but I'm only growing in 7 - 10 gallon pots so I'm just not going to bother for a small body of soil.
Thank you for the input sir. You seems to be extremely knowledgable no till and I'm glad to have you on board. I do notice you can become confrontational and i have been baited and fell intonthe same trap.

I was even told by a guy that grows hydro his no till in his vegetable garden is better because he only uses "carbon based shit". I stopped arguing at that point. How can u argue with that logic...however all organic matter is carbon based so idk what he was saying...maybe he meant carbon rich.

I am using a blend of dynamic accumlaters and nitrogen fixers. For cover crop. I learned now to lay that first and let it buffer your soil before planting.

I have been in debate with the same gentleman you are at it with. He told me that purple thai was a landrace. That 2 or 3 land races crossed making it a stabilized hybrid....not a landrace

I have Malawi and congo beans. My bed definitely needs to develop to handle a 3 month flower run and predatory mites may have to be a must. I have a nice little population of h.miles but I need some foliage combers like californicus mites.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

@eastcoastjoe please feel free to add input at any time. All information is appreciated and I have found some of your posts that I caught informative. I am always in search of higher learning.

You hit the nail on The head about BLUEJAY. Coots however did start the research to apply it to an indoor grow. You know Coots backstory I'm sure. Oddly it's similar to mine however it's hard to convince large operation tree farms to utilize organics.

Out of all things my mom made me come work at the ornamental tree farm where she was the greenhouse manager, because she caught me smoking pot in7th grade.

I helped them in the green house. Mixing soil, prepping cuttings, then hauling the trays to the green house. Then bringing rooted cuttings in to be transplanted and set in the hoop houses. Loading and unloading tractor trailers...All the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom