AC/DC 1:20 THC:CBD (clone-only) - looking for specific growth charactistics

• Thread starter endora
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoThc4me

@BobGreen
Your cut is identical to mine, however i take her to 70 days. Next indoor round with her i plan to test her at 60 days 70 days and then 80 days to see if the cbd profile is best at a certain point.

I'm curious if you followed through with this what the results were? I'm growing it now for the first time and it's day 45. 3/4 of the pistils are red and curling in. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with maybe 1/8 amber. Thanks.

T

THCloud

If anyone knows a source for ac/dc or a similar pheno (clone) that has little or no THC that can be obtained near Phx, Az PLEASE contact me.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

This is the floppiest, viniest plant I've ever grown. Doesn't look like a great yielder, either. About to harvest, here's hoping for the best!

M

moddeeT

Hello, a newbie, I had a hard time finding cbd med, so got me some clones and growing my own. They look good so far. One is taller and full. One is shorter but has three branches. I suppose now I should have topped the other one but I'm learning. They are around 7-8 weeks old. When do I reduce my lighting and when well they start flowering? They are inside (of course) any help is appreciated! I can't wait to see how they turn out.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Hello, a newbie, I had a hard time finding cbd med, so got me some clones and growing my own. They look good so far. One is taller and full. One is shorter but has three branches. I suppose now I should have topped the other one but I'm learning. They are around 7-8 weeks old. When do I reduce my lighting and when well they start flowering? They are inside (of course) any help is appreciated! I can't wait to see how they turn out.

You can change your light to 12/12 whenever you want. When you do it is totally up to you... if they are 2 to 3 feet tall it would be a fine time to change them to 12/12. good luck

K

Kingkilla

Hello!... I am searching all over for strong genetics AC/DC 20:1 CBD:THC I have a few patients that are really looking hard. Just trying help.... thank you in advance...

Hi Hemphealer, what area are you in. I am harvestung one big floppy bush tomorrow and have another 7 ready in 34 days for harvest, as well as a hand full of clones and RTF's. I originally picked up AC/DC clones to help a friend suffering from epilepsy and I had read a lot about high CBD helping eliminate siezures. As I am a new grower I thought I should get 6-7 clones figuring a couple wouldn't make it and I wouldn't produce much. I ended up getting 8. Fortunately,growing has kept my attention, having ADHD, I have a knack for it. I am thankful for this. That combined with this pheno being a breeze to grow, I have ended up with 8 full bushy babe's. My plants match in description and pictures in everyway. So now i will have more medical bud then I know what to do with. I would like to just give it all away it to a medical dispensary that would in turn give it away to its patients, tho unlikely, even a medical dispensary wouldn't give up free money. Maybe im just a nieve amature grower.

O

Old420Girl

I talked to the head grower at the dispensary where I bought my clone. He said to harvest a week early because that's when the CBDs top out. In other words, just as the trichomes begin to turn milky. This is a special note to all of you. Juice is where it's at! I'm not bashing anyone for using oil because its all good. However, in my experience, juice can be much more effective because it's non psychoactive, so you can take up to 60x the medicine! (See Dr. William Courtney on YouTube.) I have three patients, all with multiple issues, and none are the same. I have been juicing Afghanistan fan leaves (not buds) from a friends harvest, which is not known to be a high CBD strain, although it is present in small amounts. They each take one frozen juice cube a day, (except cancer; she takes two) which measures out at 1and 1/2 tablespoons each. Cancer is almost cured and her diabetic blood sugar levels have never been in such control. She has been fighting this for years, but I've only had her for almost 5 months. RA patient's inflammation markers are all down, and she's only had one migraine which was quickly dispatched with a cube. Neuropathy patient can feel her feet for the first time in two years after only 4 days of juicing, and the arthritic bumps on her knuckles are almost gone. I got this AC/DC cut, and she's almost ready to harvest. I'm really excited about it! However, my research shows that a 1:1 is about the best because THC and CBD partner well, and work off of each other for greater healing. I would suggest juicing to everyone, even if you aren't sick. Please watch Dr. Courtney's lecture on YouTube. I understand that getting it fresh and green can be difficult, but if you have access, freeze it in cubes. In closing, I just want to thank God for blessing me by putting me in the right place, at the right time, with all the right resources, to be able to make a real difference for others. I am God's little rebel! My friends shouldn't have to be criminals to have a better quality of life, or have a life at all. BTW: of course the juice is free! Keep it cool and JUICE ON!!

Cannabisseur

Cannabisseur

This thread is more than a year old, but still thought I would post. God bless you all who are running AC/DC to help people in need. This great thread has motivated me to do the same. I will now rid all my strains (currently 6) just keep my favorite for me (WiFi OG) and add the AC/DC strain to give away to people in need. Thanks to the Lord Jah for this amazing medicine.

P

PollyP

Hi friends!
I recently stumbled upon the strain ad/dc. I´m very interested in this as I have a chronic illness that causes pain and extreme fatigue. I´ve read here that the plant is feminine so I wont be able to get a hold of seeds... True?
And also - is it possible to get a hold of a cut of the plant in Europe? Living in Sweden all of this is highly illegal and not an option as a painkiller...

Thank you!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I believe there may be sources in Spain for such genetics, but I couldn't tell you for sure. Keep an eye on Motarebel's seed offerings on THCBay, he and his boys are working on CBD strains for us.

orions8

orions8

I'm trying to find some seeds for acdc but having hard time finding them, I'm
also trying to find seeds for thunderstruck.

Cannabisseur

Cannabisseur

I was blessed enough to find me a couple of the clones courtesy of Elemental and Midnight Farms
IMG 20160226 182336973

C

Ciderhouse59

Hi everyone, I'd like to chime in here and share my limited experience as there seems to be a paucity of information out there on ACDC/Cannatonic/Charlotte's Web. Keep in mind I am new at cannabis cultivation. Here's what I have learned so far:

1. I have grown ACDC outdoors one season (2015) and will harvest my first indoors in 3 weeks. My clone materiel came from Peace in Medicine, a reputable dispensary in Sonoma county California. I have not tested the dried flowers but the oil I make has tested at 16.3% CBD, after processing losses and less than dispensary-acceptable trim levels, so one can assume the CBD content to be in the 19% range, I.E. the clone I am growing is actually ACDC, not an impostor.

2.A lot of people are looking for ACDC seeds, as far as I can tell this is a clone-only variety.

3. I do not get a high-success percentage of cuttings to root, only in the 50% range. It has been suggested that there is something wrong with my process, however I get near 100% take on the Girl Scout Cookies I grow alongside the ACDC. After 3 sets of cuttings, my ratios are staying the same: near 100% take for the GSC, just north of 50% for the ACDC. I am however beginning to suspect that the ACDC just takes longer to root, rather than not rooting. I say this as on my most recent group of clones I pulled apart the rockwool to see what was happening inside. Many of the cuttings I had given up on were in fact starting to root, just behind the GSC. Perhaps GSC is just ridiculously easy to propagate and there is in fact something wrong with my process. So FYI, perhaps cut more than you need until you know better. Just my experience.

4. This variety is very weak-stemmed, the plants I grew outdoors would not have supported the weight of their own flowers, I had to use round wire structures to support the many side branches they produced. The plants were about as wide as they were tall, without topping. Rain would have surely broken any unsupported branches. Yield was low, less than half of what my GSC produced. Please forgive me for using GSC as a baseline, but it is my only reference point as I am new at this.

5. People have questioned their nutrient regime with ACDC on this and other boards. It is my belief that experienced growers have a certain set of expectations, visual cues, that tell them they are appropriately feeding their plants, and ACDC does not respond in a fashion they are familiar with. These plants just don't green up (again, like GSC). They appear to remain low-yielding, relatively light-green colored specimens throughout the growing process, irrespective of nutrient increase.

6. My first round of indoor ACDC (first indoor grow) got devastated by spider mites, while the GSC (again with the GSC!) was just happy as a clam side-by-side with the ACDC. The GSC had mites after microscope inspection, the plants just were not so easily diseased by them as was the ACDC. I believe I have the problem under control with Spinosad then Azamax, but again, just FYI, ACDC appears to be highly sensitive to spider mite infestation, at least indoors. FWIW, my outdoor ACDC never showed any distress symptoms from spider mite infestation.

7. A proprietor of a well-known Marin county collective that produces and distributes ACDC-based medicine told me the sweet spot for peak CBD is around 5% amber trichomes. I do not know if that was lab-tested, but as the collective in question produces and distributes a lot of medicine and has regular labwork done I will, in lieu of better information, make the assumption that the 5% amber trichome recommendation is based on lab results.

8. Some people are questioning if they are really growing ACDC or some impostor clone. If it has the most gorgeous, heady, terpene-based pine-tree aromas then it's the real thing, or at least mine fits that description.

9. Lastly a success story of sorts: I'm growing CBD-based medicine because my wife of 28 years got brain cancer, Glioblastoma Multiforme. Basically a death sentence. Almost 2 years after diagnosis and conventional treatment, now 4 months past the average survival time for her disease, her tumor is still quiescent. She is doing really well. Can't say for sure yet it's the 5:1 CBD-THC medicine yet, but if she survives 5 years (no one does) then we will certainly evangelize this stuff from the Mountain High!

I hope some of this helps, best of luck to all of you.
Ciderhouse59

orions8

orions8

Hi everyone, I'd like to chime in here and share my limited experience as there seems to be a paucity of information out there on ACDC/Cannatonic/Charlotte's Web. Keep in mind I am new at cannabis cultivation. Here's what I have learned so far:

1. I have grown ACDC outdoors one season (2015) and will harvest my first indoors in 3 weeks. My clone materiel came from Peace in Medicine, a reputable dispensary in Sonoma county California. I have not tested the dried flowers but the oil I make has tested at 16.3% CBD, after processing losses and less than dispensary-acceptable trim levels, so one can assume the CBD content to be in the 19% range, I.E. the clone I am growing is actually ACDC, not an impostor.

2.A lot of people are looking for ACDC seeds, as far as I can tell this is a clone-only variety.

3. I do not get a high-success percentage of cuttings to root, only in the 50% range. It has been suggested that there is something wrong with my process, however I get near 100% take on the Girl Scout Cookies I grow alongside the ACDC. After 3 sets of cuttings, my ratios are staying the same: near 100% take for the GSC, just north of 50% for the ACDC. I am however beginning to suspect that the ACDC just takes longer to root, rather than not rooting. I say this as on my most recent group of clones I pulled apart the rockwool to see what was happening inside. Many of the cuttings I had given up on were in fact starting to root, just behind the GSC. Perhaps GSC is just ridiculously easy to propagate and there is in fact something wrong with my process. So FYI, perhaps cut more than you need until you know better. Just my experience.

4. This variety is very weak-stemmed, the plants I grew outdoors would not have supported the weight of their own flowers, I had to use round wire structures to support the many side branches they produced. The plants were about as wide as they were tall, without topping. Rain would have surely broken any unsupported branches. Yield was low, less than half of what my GSC produced. Please forgive me for using GSC as a baseline, but it is my only reference point as I am new at this.

5. People have questioned their nutrient regime with ACDC on this and other boards. It is my belief that experienced growers have a certain set of expectations, visual cues, that tell them they are appropriately feeding their plants, and ACDC does not respond in a fashion they are familiar with. These plants just don't green up (again, like GSC). They appear to remain low-yielding, relatively light-green colored specimens throughout the growing process, irrespective of nutrient increase.

6. My first round of indoor ACDC (first indoor grow) got devastated by spider mites, while the GSC (again with the GSC!) was just happy as a clam side-by-side with the ACDC. The GSC had mites after microscope inspection, the plants just were not so easily diseased by them as was the ACDC. I believe I have the problem under control with Spinosad then Azamax, but again, just FYI, ACDC appears to be highly sensitive to spider mite infestation, at least indoors. FWIW, my outdoor ACDC never showed any distress symptoms from spider mite infestation.

7. A proprietor of a well-known Marin county collective that produces and distributes ACDC-based medicine told me the sweet spot for peak CBD is around 5% amber trichomes. I do not know if that was lab-tested, but as the collective in question produces and distributes a lot of medicine and has regular labwork done I will, in lieu of better information, make the assumption that the 5% amber trichome recommendation is based on lab results.

8. Some people are questioning if they are really growing ACDC or some impostor clone. If it has the most gorgeous, heady, terpene-based pine-tree aromas then it's the real thing, or at least mine fits that description.

9. Lastly a success story of sorts: I'm growing CBD-based medicine because my wife of 28 years got brain cancer, Glioblastoma Multiforme. Basically a death sentence. Almost 2 years after diagnosis and conventional treatment, now 4 months past the average survival time for her disease, her tumor is still quiescent. She is doing really well. Can't say for sure yet it's the 5:1 CBD-THC medicine yet, but if she survives 5 years (no one does) then we will certainly evangelize this stuff from the Mountain High!

I hope some of this helps, best of luck to all of you.
Ciderhouse59

Thanks for the info Ciderhouse59, informative.

I would really like to attempt to grow a cutting of acdc indoors, but for some reason, I can not find someone who will send me a cutting. New to this also.

Top Bottom