Ac Questions, Looking For Opinions

• Thread starter Robert Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Robert Gray

looking to add a dual hose 14k BTU into my 10x12 flower room...I'll have some house AC to go along with it, I'll be trying to cool 2 phantom DE 1000W, and 1 1200W viparspectra, and 2 600W viparspectra's....also hoping to continue running my 2 pilot titan co2 unit....

Any suggestions? Recommendations on brands? Maybe I should consider a different route than a portable? Window unit?

Appreciate any positive input.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Stay FAR Far away from active air dual hose. Utter junk. I rock a single hose LG 14k portable and love it. With your lights, a 14k portable isn't gonna cut it.

hiboy

hiboy

I've always heard the door hose are better than the single hose
used to run two large ones like that for four lights and it barely did it and they were even air cooled
Spend the money and get a mini split 6000 BTU per light
Hb

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My 14k LG so for can do a 3x600bps easily. Even in summer (above 90* outside temps, building a.c. is set to 76), it can bring down my room to 72* and cycle on and off.

R

Robert Gray

Damn now I'm worried, the guys at several grow stores claim this dual hose will do the job. I currently have an older 8k in the room that might have to go beside the new one I'm buying. Aren't these mini splits that were referenced above thousands of dollars?

Now I haven't purchased my DE 1000W yet, I've seen they have air cooled, and non air cooled, obviously I should go with the air cooled and buy some fans and cool them?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Check out the 630cmh before you buy the 1000 de. You may like it better. It would be my option. And don't listen to those hydro store dudes. They are salesman 1st of all. Dual hoses are great, just don't buy active air 14k. It couldn't blow out under 75* air when I was testing it before installing it. I tried 2 of them, may have been 3. LG single hose from home depot. OR! Use a window shaker, and mod the back and use it indoors, but still need to exhaust outside. I was planning on making the swap, as I can't do a mini split. I would love too, and $ is not the problem.

R

Robert Gray

I see this 630cmh has a few options available, 3k, 4K, 3K-R? Which one should I be looking into for strictly flower? And I'm sure I can find them a little cheaper with some research, but I'm seeing they go for about $600?

StandingRock

StandingRock

I have two window units in my basement venting heat into my basement(cut into the walls, no windows down there). They work great and the rest of my basement only goes up a few degrees while the grow room stays nice and cool. Window units will always be more energy efficient than a portable unit. Mini splits are nice but only work within an exterior temperature range. My window units leak zero smell and no light after I spray the inside styrofoam with rubber spray.

R

Robert Gray

So you're saying you cut holes into your framed wall correct? I'm seeing 24k btu window units for the same price as these portables. And being that I have a carpentry background, I'm starting to consider it much more.

StandingRock

StandingRock

So you're saying you cut holes into your framed wall correct? I'm seeing 24k btu window units for the same price as these portables. And being that I have a carpentry background, I'm starting to consider it much more.

Yes I cut holes into the wall and also two studs. It's not a load bearing wall so I'm not worried. I love it

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

looking to add a dual hose 14k BTU into my 10x12 flower room...I'll have some house AC to go along with it, I'll be trying to cool 2 phantom DE 1000W, and 1 1200W viparspectra, and 2 600W viparspectra's....also hoping to continue running my 2 pilot titan co2 unit....

Any suggestions? Recommendations on brands? Maybe I should consider a different route than a portable? Window unit?

Throw

Throw all that junk away and go with 3 watt LEDs and your heat problems will go away. Advanced Platinum run very cool Unfortunately they are horribly expensive and they lie about their coverage.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

By the way a window unit will absolutely destroy a portable unit.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/General-...ndow-Air-Conditioner-115V-GE-AEY05LV/48947433

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

That unit does nothing but pump out Ice Cold Air nonstop for pennies on the dollar. The main reason they are out of stock right now. You don't need digital the mechanical dials work just fine.

Top Bottom