Acapulco Gold Grow - 600w Led

• Thread starter Joint Smoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fatawa

fatawa

last feeding was 1500PPM.
crazy high without being water...and i agree with nuggz..true acapulco is sativa..ive grown them many times.one of my fav strains..usualy a 11wk ordeal thats y i kickd it outta my area..very very good smoke wen done right.theres soo many hybrids now tho.but yurs is showing indica traits all the way..mine indica pheno wud b 4×4 easily after 3wk veg/2wk stretch..lokks good tho bro..back them nutes off so u dnt hav to flush..

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

This particular pheno seems to be indica dominant yes.. i really wanted a sativa dom but it is what it is..

As for my PPMs.. yes it was too high and a sledghammer flush and waiting to feed has really improved the overall health of the plant

guymandude

guymandude

i have a silly question: are you sure that's Acapulco Gold? Where did the clones come from, or seeds? I have Acapulco Gold going in my veg room heading for flower and yours looks nothing like it.

not trying to be a jerk, here. I am curious

here, i'll go grab a shot

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

i have a silly question: are you sure that's Acapulco Gold? Where did the clones come from, or seeds? I have Acapulco Gold going in my veg room heading for flower and yours looks nothing like it.

not trying to be a jerk, here. I am curious

here, i'll go grab a shot

No offense taken.. open to all questions.. i cant be sure what i got was actually acapulco gold.. what i can say is that I purchased the seeds from gyo seedbank and they were listed as feminized Barneys Farm Acapulco Gold seeds..

i believe its just happens that the particular pheno that i got with this particular seed is just exhibiting very indica dominant traits..

guymandude

guymandude

it would appear you have an acapulco gold cross Barney's Farm made and ended up an indica dominant pheno type - which means it's showing more of what they crossed the AG with than true AG. She'll still be a bit picky about her nutes, perhaps. Pure sativas can be a real pain in the ass to grow indoors, due to shitty equatorial soils they have evolved growing in.

This is the Acapulco Gold mom I have.

what ave the strain its name back in the 60's and 70's was they dry the buds (plants) in the full sun, which bleaches it a bit, turning it a beautiful golden color.

Acapulco Gold Mom private
Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

it would appear you have an acapulco gold cross Barney's Farm made and ended up an indica dominant pheno type - which means it's showing more of what they crossed the AG with than true AG. She'll still be a bit picky about her nutes, perhaps. Pure sativas can be a real pain in the ass to grow indoors, due to shitty equatorial soils they have evolved growing in.

This is the Acapulco Gold mom I have.

what ave the strain its name back in the 60's and 70's was they dry the buds (plants) in the full sun, which bleaches it a bit, turning it a beautiful golden color.

Thats a nice lookin mother! I definitely noticed the wider fatter leaves on mine when it got goin. I knew purchasing the seeds that it was hybrid and not the actual acapulco gold from back when.. my post title can be misleading i suppose so my apologies.. i should have put Barneys Farm - Acapulco Gold in the title instead of just the original post..

guymandude

guymandude

lol.yup...you look high yurself brother..mine use to like 600/veg,900/flip..try those numbers @guymandude

she's in plain dirt, dude. Hasn't been fed anything. So.....

Thats a nice lookin mother! I definitely noticed the wider fatter leaves on mine when it got goin. I knew purchasing the seeds that it was hybrid and not the actual acapulco gold from back when.. my post title can be misleading i suppose so my apologies.. i should have put Barneys Farm - Acapulco Gold in the title instead of just the original post..

no worries, my friend. And no need to apologize. I just think people can be misled by many of the breeders and their seeds. Barney's Farm owes an apology. not you. It take s a couple extra minutes to research what goes into what a breeder says they have.

seedfinder does a pretty good job of doing just that. check it out
http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Acapulco_Gold/Barneys_Farm/

your strain got very very good reviews. I grow a cut of Kali Mist that I kow is not a pure Sativa, but damn she makes me feel like a kid again - like the sativas i used to smoke in the early to mid 80's. This Barbey's Farm Acapulco Gold fits that profile. I hope she turns out fantastic for ya

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

she's in plain dirt, dude. Hasn't been fed anything. So.....

no worries, my friend. And no need to apologize. I just think people can be misled by many of the breeders and their seeds. Barney's Farm owes an apology. not you. It take s a couple extra minutes to research what goes into what a breeder says they have.

seedfinder does a pretty good job of doing just that. check it out
http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Acapulco_Gold/Barneys_Farm/

your strain got very very good reviews. I grow a cut of Kali Mist that I kow is not a pure Sativa, but damn she makes me feel like a kid again - like the sativas i used to smoke in the early to mid 80's. This Barbey's Farm Acapulco Gold fits that profile. I hope she turns out fantastic for ya

I had actually done a bit of research before i bought and although i did choose it for the name, i wasnt necessarily thinkin i was gonna get the exact pheno i wanted with just one seed..all i hope is that she finishes and provides a decent smoke :) doesnt have to be acapulco gold esk.. my others grows have been pretty successful and have provided excellent smoke.. things have been done a bit different this time around to help the final yield.. only time will tell!

guymandude

guymandude

oh i bet it's gonna be great smoke. once you get hooked on old school genetics, there's no going back, be warned.

We used to get Acapulco Gold, Colombian, Panamanian, and once in a while Hawaiian and Thai when i was a teen Man that stuff would have you tripping. not kidding. 2 tokes and we'd giggle out asses off uncontrollably for 4 hours while we happily frolicked in the park, or were trying to force ourselves not to smile and giggle while in school.

try this: smoke a bowl after you harvest with your buddy. Look at each other right in the eye and say, ok relax your face. and try not to laugh

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

oh i bet it's gonna be great smoke. once you get hooked on old school genetics, there's no going back, be warned.

We used to get Acapulco Gold, Colombian, Panamanian, and once in a while Hawaiian and Thai when i was a teen Man that stuff would have you tripping. not kidding. 2 tokes and we'd giggle out asses off uncontrollably for 4 hours while we happily frolicked in the park, or were trying to force ourselves not to smile and giggle while in school.

try this: smoke a bowl after you harvest with your buddy. Look at each other right in the eye and say, ok relax your face. and try not to laugh

Haha.. damn well now you got me thinkin.. lmao.. i will definitely try that.. got just the buddy.. lol

guymandude

guymandude

the problem is no one grow straight pure landrace sativas indoors. I will have one acapulco gold girl going in the flower room in a corner. She will be there til she's doen and i'm prepared to let her go 6 months if necessary.

fatawa

fatawa

she's in plain dirt, dude. Hasn't been fed anything. So....
ya im dwc...mayb u shud giv her nutes then.ha..shes a good producer wish u the best..i was pulling 8-12zips/plant on 3wk veg from her..like u said shes touchy.lol.wud usualy take 11-12wks to finish

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

35 days flowering

older larger leaves seem to be yellowing very quickly... leaves on buds are staying green. having white hairs turn yellow/brown. Could the yellowing be an indicator that the plant is pulling nutrients from the leaves for bud production? It would seem that this only happens late in flower.. I read that this strain goes 81 days for the dominant sativa pheno.. i'm assuming a dominant indica pheno would probably finish sooner? What are your guys thoughts? i'll post pics a little later today.

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

Here she is as of today. 35 days in flower.. few of the older bigger leaves are yellowing.. most of the smaller bud leaf is fine.. what do u all think..

IMG 1222
IMG 1223
IMG 1227
IMG 1229
IMG 1235
Top Bottom