Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Okay, I've never tried cloning and I'm sorry but idk what Scroggins or super crop is and I'm growing for both personal and $$$ , But I wanna stay on the $$$ side because I can always just medicate from the $$$ makers. What is the best way to grow photos ?
Hold on buddy.. I am gonna get you a video link to a good video, and I am gonna get my Professor to give you a quick rundown when he gets time. But you can only borrow him for a few, as he is making me look pretty good right now, and I don't want to share... :) @Wisher619 I know you are busy but I thought you might supply him with that link to the cloning, 2 room set up. And a quick rundown on why photos is his best bet, for perpetual harvest,, and $$$$$.... In the mean time I would speed thru my thread as he has helped me with a lot of questions you are gonna ask. I know it is rather long, but there is many pics, and lots of good info... Cloning insures you have many plants that are genetically the same and should require everything the same. You then can maximize your yields based on the plants growth and behavior. Depending on h/w/ of your grow space also will have a deciding factor on humidity/temp/size requirements. Super cropping is away to get an even canopy, and scrog positions them, and holds them, allowing for the most flowers/buds per sq meter.. Google and read. I read about 50 hrs of stuff my first 2 weeks. Read about lst, controlling temps, rh, dialing in your grow space, it is the single most important thing you can control to have bigger and better harvest. Also there is many tech to use to maximize yields... Mainlining seems to be big too. Maybe even easy that the above mentioned. Do you have pics of your crops now? We might be able to look at your setup and give you some pointers...
One other thing real quick. If you can't afford to bank roll this situation for 6 months, your gonna run into problems, esp sitting up a recurring business adventure. Some ppl spend thousands on trimmers,, not that we need that,, just saying,, this isn't cheap right in the door trying to make real money.... For every 1k a month you want to make, you better consider spending a 1k in the door, if maximizing yields is your goal. I don't know anything about your growing experience so I hope I didn't come off as sounding like you don't know what your doing my friend..

Wisher619

Wisher619

this video is old but shows you the basics of photo growing/cloning...and the basic of creating a perpetual harvest...
I dont agree with the way this flood and drain runs as I would have the plants in pots so I can remove on and drop a new one in
but overall really great video

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

this video is old but shows you the basics of photo growing/cloning...and the basic of creating a perpetual harvest...
I dont agree with the way this flood and drain runs as I would have the plants in pots so I can remove on and drop a new one in
but overall really great video
It maybe old, but it is really a good video. And as flood and drain offers a hydroponic experience with coco, that is easier to understand with better chance of success. It would be a real bummer to drop 1k and lose your first crop because you over complicated things. I think that may be business 101...

Wisher619

Wisher619

man 1k is alot.....That can get you a 4x4 table and res pump fan filter and a 1k light and ballast
that should turn out about 2-4lbs
depending on where you live and how elisive cannabis is in your area
you are lookin at anywhere from 3-10k return on investment

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

man 1k is alot.....That can get you a 4x4 table and res pump fan filter and a 1k light and ballast
Make sure he understands them numbers are with clones/photos, and not seed to harvest autos. Autos don't allow mistakes when yields and recurring harvest are concerned. Just to make sure we didn't confuse him. I wouldn't spend 1k to grow autos personally lol,,, I guess I spent 3/4 that but I knew I had a future :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I also was including in them numbers,,, energy/room cost/ro water/ac/ getting the room dialed in. I still stand on getting the room dialed in as the single most important thing a person could do to maximize yields.

Look At ole @str8smokn ... Hell ask him how important getting his place dialed in, has been for him. How is it looking?

Wisher619

Wisher619

I also was including in them numbers,,, energy/room cost/ro water/ac/ getting the room dialed in. I still stand on getting the room dialed in as the single most important thing a person could do to maximize yields.

Look At ole @str8smokn ... Hell ask him how important getting his place dialed in, has been for him. How is it looking?
yeah I def was talking photo plants
to me auto's are a novelty....grown for fun and pleasure but def not for production
for production and or $$$$$$ you need photo plants.....If you want something specific find a Fem seed from a known strain and make it a mom.....and then clone
then tou can perpetually cycle and expeditiously make $$$

Quagmire

Quagmire

Autos have there place though.. seed to harvest in 70 days.. Right now I'm running both Auto and Photo period side by side.. at day #55 the Autos are almost done while the Photo just hit day 30 after a 3wk veg.. so another 45 days or so on them.. I'll have more autos started and have them 25 days away from finishing.. I've figured out how to have a perpetual grow now by growing 4 of each.. I'm not in this for the $$$, just for meds for me and wifey.. This new generation of Autos get very big, my Trans Siberian got to 4-5 ft.. But I do understand what your saying about photo period strains and cloning... been there, done that.. can root clones in 3 days using Motarebels technique...

Here's a peek at my girls...
The gang is all hear

Auto: Snowryder
SnowRyder auto 1

Orange Hill Jamaican
LT x JJs Tres Sister 2

2 Autos in rear with 2 more small ones behind them I seeded... the front plant is a strain nobody can get called: Celtic Stone: Sagarmatha's Stonehenge x Juan Moore's Dixie Crystal..
IMG 0008

Right now I'm enjoying growing both... Auto's are really designed to grow on balconies and stay hidden away and hassle free.. but this 2nd generation is totally different with many many of them having AK47 in them..

On your lights... think about using 2 / 600w lights over a single 1k .. add up the lumens, you'll see... I used to use cool tubes and yes, SCROG growing too using my AK47 female.. I'd run 3 plants and fill a screen 2ft x 6ft with a sea of buds.. it was awesome.. SCROG = Screen of Green.. growing the plants horizontal beneath the screen until it's about 75% filled up, then flip lights to 12/12 and start feeding bud sites up thru the holes. lots of training and tying down.. once the sea of buds begins to form, cut off everything under the screen... place the screen about 14" above your pots.. this is a great way to keep plant #'s down is all... and still get nice yields..

Good luck

Wisher619

Wisher619

Autos have there place though.. seed to harvest in 70 days.. Right now I'm running both Auto and Photo period side by side.. at day #55 the Autos are almost done while the Photo just hit day 30 after a 3wk veg.. so another 45 days or so on them.. I'll have more autos started and have them 25 days away from finishing.. I've figured out how to have a perpetual grow now by growing 4 of each.. I'm not in this for the $$$, just for meds for me and wifey.. This new generation of Autos get very big, my Trans Siberian got to 4-5 ft.. But I do understand what your saying about photo period strains and cloning... been there, done that.. can root clones in 3 days using Motarebels technique...

Here's a peek at my girls...
View attachment 630880

Auto: Snowryder
View attachment 630881

Orange Hill Jamaican
View attachment 630882

2 Autos in rear with 2 more small ones behind them I seeded... the front plant is a strain nobody can get called: Celtic Stone: Sagarmatha's Stonehenge x Juan Moore's Dixie Crystal.. View attachment 630883

Right now I'm enjoying growing both... Auto's are really designed to grow on balconies and stay hidden away and hassle free.. but this 2nd generation is totally different with many many of them having AK47 in them..

On your lights... think about using 2 / 600w lights over a single 1k .. add up the lumens, you'll see... I used to use cool tubes and yes, SCROG growing too using my AK47 female.. I'd run 3 plants and fill a screen 2ft x 6ft with a sea of buds.. it was awesome.. SCROG = Screen of Green.. growing the plants horizontal beneath the screen until it's about 75% filled up, then flip lights to 12/12 and start feeding bud sites up thru the holes. lots of training and tying down.. once the sea of buds begins to form, cut off everything under the screen... place the screen about 14" above your pots.. this is a great way to keep plant #'s down is all... and still get nice yields..

Good luck
agreed ....600's are much more effecient then a 1k
I have never run autos before .....I just cant get over the seed germing....that is by far the most delicate stage....I hate that stage
but cloning.....if you eff up tou just cut some more.....but if seeds dont pop or one wilts....that is money down the drain
I can see if you are a breeder and have thousands of seed
but not just buying and growing....that to me is insane
for novelty purposes
but you want to get something serious....tou get yourself a cut of whatever you really want....mom it out and start replicating plants....
for clones.....once they show roots....im a sog you can flip after 1 week so 7 days to root and 7 in veg......then flip....2 weeks before done....you clone another batch when you pull the finished....you reset the res and replace with new nutes and plants

Quagmire

Quagmire

Yeah, a few of us did the math one day and realized 2/600w were the way to go.. some even run MH and HPS together thru the entire grow.. I'm going to try adding a 3 light x 4ft HO T-5 lights to my 400w hps..
I used to keep a strain around by not so much as keeping a mom as much as I just kept taking fresh cuts off my work.. AK47 for a few years then Golden Goat.
I did pretty much what you said, about a 2wk veg. flip and still wound up with a nice yield..
Problem now is my area to grow in got cut way down.. 2ft x 3ft x 6ft high.
So I tried Autos for the 1st time.. once I started making fresh seeds of my own my germination ratios went way up.. just like cloning temps play a big role when germinating seeds.. I drop 14-20 seeds to get 6-8 females.. Usually 2-4 strains.. this last grow I enjoyed adding a few photo period.. Real Jamaican Orange Hill ..

I sure couldn't afford to buy the feminized seeds like you said.. what I did was I bought a few fem'd seeds and will be pollinating them with some of my regular auto seeds.. most likely my Himalaya Blue Diesel Auto.. but we'll see, if my Lemon Haze Auto shows a nice male who knows.. Once I get a cross I like then I'll make a bunch of seeds and take it to like F5, then back crossing to stabilize it even more.. my goal is to have 2 Autos I love to keep around for years to come.

It's all about the journey eh brother..? I learn something new about these plants every day almost.. thanks for the input, always appreciated..
Here is my largest Auto to date.. Trans Siberian Auto

IMG 0056

This is at week 6 of a 10wk grow..

Wisher619

Wisher619

Yeah, a few of us did the math one day and realized 2/600w were the way to go.. some even run MH and HPS together thru the entire grow.. I'm going to try adding a 3 light x 4ft HO T-5 lights to my 400w hps..
I used to keep a strain around by not so much as keeping a mom as much as I just kept taking fresh cuts off my work.. AK47 for a few years then Golden Goat.
I did pretty much what you said, about a 2wk veg. flip and still wound up with a nice yield..
Problem now is my area to grow in got cut way down.. 2ft x 3ft x 6ft high.
So I tried Autos for the 1st time.. once I started making fresh seeds of my own my germination ratios went way up.. just like cloning temps play a big role when germinating seeds.. I drop 14-20 seeds to get 6-8 females.. Usually 2-4 strains.. this last grow I enjoyed adding a few photo period.. Real Jamaican Orange Hill ..

I sure couldn't afford to buy the feminized seeds like you said.. what I did was I bought a few fem'd seeds and will be pollinating them with some of my regular auto seeds.. most likely my Himalaya Blue Diesel Auto.. but we'll see, if my Lemon Haze Auto shows a nice male who knows.. Once I get a cross I like then I'll make a bunch of seeds and take it to like F5, then back crossing to stabilize it even more.. my goal is to have 2 Autos I love to keep around for years to come.

It's all about the journey eh brother..? I learn something new about these plants every day almost.. thanks for the input, always appreciated..
Here is my largest Auto to date.. Trans Siberian Auto

View attachment 630916

This is at week 6 of a 10wk grow..
but you are in a differ boat entirely because you are making your own seeds
what I meant was anyone just buying seeds to run each time is crazy
but not everyone has time to make seeds as well
in that case I was just suggesting that someone that dosnt have the room to make seeds themselves or money to constantly buy fem autos......would be much better off getting a cut of what they want and clonning....essentially you then have an fem auto that takes up less electricity do to the fact you are only running mostly 12/12
fem because you know it is female
auto because it automatically goes into flower once rooted
as for lights.....far superior to a 1k or 2 600's would be a DE

those are some awesome lookin autos by the way....that is awesome you have room to make seeds

Wisher619

Wisher619

I have never looked into it....but arent most autos fem seeds

seems like a trap.....10 seeds 10 plants
no more no less
I have heard that some auto strains can actually keep under 24 hours
I wonder if those would be able to be cloned
I think autos would be cool if you could breed some of the auto out to create a shorter flowering times
but not automatic....as well just show sex at a much faster rate

str8smokn

str8smokn

I have never looked into it....but arent most autos fem seeds

seems like a trap.....10 seeds 10 plants
no more no less
I have heard that some auto strains can actually keep under 24 hours
I wonder if those would be able to be cloned
I think autos would be cool if you could breed some of the auto out to create a shorter flowering times
but not automatic....as well just show sex at a much faster rate

I think if you pollinate a non-Auto female with the pollen of a Auto male it will give a roughly a 40% faster finishing photo.

The percentage is probably not accurate ,but I've heard something close to it.
STR8

Wisher619

Wisher619

I think if you pollinate a non-Auto female with the pollen of a Auto male it will give a roughly a 40% faster finishing photo.

The percentage is probably not accurate ,but I've heard something close to it.
STR8
where do you find auto males? Arent almost all auto's exclusivly fem

Wisher619

Wisher619

and if we are talking ruderalis well you would have to do alot of selecting to find a worthy plant as well as back crossing to the photo drug type first used

str8smokn

str8smokn

There are still breeders that don't do Feminized.
@Quagmire can possibly direct you.
STR8

Wisher619

Wisher619

There are still breeders that don't do Feminized.
@Quagmire can possibly direct you.
STR8
I see auto breeding as a high stakes gamble....each plant could be awesome or garbage
thanks you for your info
the only seeds I run now...are when I want something new to keep....
right now I have some affies landrace Kunar province
and some GG4 s1 seeds....to see what comes of it
nothing good...I'll stick to my cookies

str8smokn

str8smokn

I know Dr Green? Whatever its name is..
I've heard that their Auto Pakistani can veg under 24hrs of light and be cloned,but have never grown nor seen it grown.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

I found Auto strains 9mos ago and thought, ok, I'll try them.. they were a gift and sounded good being a cross of AK47 x Sour60 I named BubbleguN.. The potency was unreal and I thought I could do better on yield next grow.. I got 3 seeds, 2 females and a male..
Seeds: Making seeds with Autos takes no extra rooms or anything.. the males show 1st at around day 14ish with females right behind them.. you simply allow the male to live just long enough to do a partial " Pre-flower " pollination of the ladies.. As pollen starts to fall the only seeds that can be made will be dictated by how many hairs are exposed.. early in Pre-flower it's not so many.. I've been experimenting with how long to get my plants about 30% seeded and try to get about 40 seeds per plant, I run 6 - 10 females.. plants closest to the male get seeded the most so I put my plant right in the middle.. let my fan do the work...
Seeds take 6wks to form and this works just perfect for pollinating this time of the grow..

Not all Autos are feminized, but yes, many are.. but if ya search there are some really good strains out there offering regular seeds instead of only Feminized..

On this last grow I ran both Autos and Photo Periods together running the lights on 12/12 when the Autos were about a month old and they do fine on 12/12.. matter of fact some breeders recommend you do this.. the photo period genetics still hidden within each auto reacts with a nice stretch..

Cloning Autos: Size of the plant doesn't matter.. the reason we take cuttings off of plants is to root them up and veg them from anywhere from 2-6wks depending on setup, needs, etc...
problem with any Auto is, lets say you take a cutting at a month old.. these rooted cuttings will start their grow at a month old and finish in another 40 days.. and overall size will suck, sorry..

This next grow I intend on seeding up about 4 different strains using a male Himalaya Blue Diesel Auto male.. out of the 5 reg auto seeds I should get at least 2 and may use both as I'm reading about the advantages lately of multiple fathers..

Just having fun and kicking butt... cheers

Top Bottom