• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Eagle

Green Eagle

20160905 172052
hey guys,
First timer here...
I got these bubblicious autos fem from nirvana 38 days in... i planted two and im curious do the autos prefer blue spectrum in veg??
I noticed once i planted a blue led behind as you can see in the photo the plant growth at that side shot out like crazy...
If you look at the pic you can see the leafs are facing the camera as they would the led...
Also curious is how many lumens or watts should i be aiming towards for light per auto?? I know it depends on the quality of light so how about cfl? And or led?? I put the led in there because im unsure if there was enough light there.. and i knew the plant would take advantage of all of the light...
And at this stage should i lay off any extra nutrients and feed straight ph water and grad lay off it?
Might sound like some newby questions there guys :speechless:
But all the help is appreciated! :D
Hopefully i can get these to finish! :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

BentoBox

BentoBox

Hi all!!
Thanks to all for a very informative thread. I'm on page 30 right now.

I'm growing northern light fem auto (crop kings) single plant in 5 gal pot using 3M soil.
http://www.jfmmm.com/
Light 18/6 under 300W+150W platinum led panels.
Tap ph'd water

First day above ground- August 14.
Since soil is preloaded minor burns were present but did not affected growing tempo. No extra feeding.
At week 6 minor nute deficiencie along main cola was fixed with biobizz bloom and grow lines.

I don't see it finishing in 8-9 weeks. More like 10-11. What do you think?

IMG 1602
IMG 1603
M

MagikFingers

I know they say not to transplant or top 'Autos', but I was doing a LST technique to my Amnesia Haze Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds) about 3 weeks in and I accidently pulled a "topping" technique, and I literally sunk my heart at that moment thinking I destroyed my plant. Basically what happened was I was trying to pull the plant over sideways and where I tied the lasso string around the top, my hand slipped and I pulled it right off(clean cut I guess). Well I thought that I had ruined my plant so I transplanted her into a very small pot, well the very next day it shot up 2 new nodes really fast about 7/8" of an inch. Well I left it in the small pot and then when I realized that this plant was FAR from ruined I again transplanted it back into a medium-large pot so the roots could continue to travel. Well then I added about 20 LST lines for maximum exposure spreading the canopy apart and then topped it again on the 3 main stems which resulted in 6 new node points. Well now after 2 transplants, 2 topping procedures, and about 20 LST lines(maybe only 15), and now on day 63 I have introduced a scrog screen to finish for maximum cropping. Truly I am absolutely amazed at this Auto strains resilience and fight to stay strong and healthy. Now (day #63) it has about 30 colas and has entered the flowering stage about 8 days ago. Also I thought the plant was about a week behind it's schedule and I waited to full week to start adding Bloom nutz, that seemed to do the trick, I gave it an extra week of "Grow" time and then started to bring in the Bloom nutz. It says it is a 77-84 day strain, well that leaves me about 21 more days to play catch up and allow the buds to produce and fatten up, or if it's not ready by Day 84, then I will give it that initial extra week of flowering too. But yes waiting to introduce the Bloom nutz really allowed it catch up. Yes she is probably smaller than most 60 day plants like her, but now that she has so many budding colas it might just be worth all the headache.

Day63
Day63 1
Day63 2
Day63 3
Day63 4
Day63 5
Day63 6
Day63 7
Day63 8
Wisher619

Wisher619

I know they say not to transplant or top 'Autos', but I was doing a LST technique to my Amnesia Haze Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds) about 3 weeks in and I accidently pulled a "topping" technique, and I literally sunk my heart at that moment thinking I destroyed my plant. Basically what happened was I was trying to pull the plant over sideways and where I tied the lasso string around the top, my hand slipped and I pulled it right off(clean cut I guess). Well I thought that I had ruined my plant so I transplanted her into a very small pot, well the very next day it shot up 2 new nodes really fast about 7/8" of an inch. Well I left it in the small pot and then when I realized that this plant was FAR from ruined I again transplanted it back into a medium-large pot so the roots could continue to travel. Well then I added about 20 LST lines for maximum exposure spreading the canopy apart and then topped it again on the 3 main stems which resulted in 6 new node points. Well now after 2 transplants, 2 topping procedures, and about 20 LST lines(maybe only 15), and now on day 63 I have introduced a scrog screen to finish for maximum cropping. Truly I am absolutely amazed at this Auto strains resilience and fight to stay strong and healthy. Now (day #63) it has about 30 colas and has entered the flowering stage about 8 days ago. Also I thought the plant was about a week behind it's schedule and I waited to full week to start adding Bloom nutz, that seemed to do the trick, I gave it an extra week of "Grow" time and then started to bring in the Bloom nutz. It says it is a 77-84 day strain, well that leaves me about 21 more days to play catch up and allow the buds to produce and fatten up, or if it's not ready by Day 84, then I will give it that initial extra week of flowering too. But yes waiting to introduce the Bloom nutz really allowed it catch up. Yes she is probably smaller than most 60 day plants like her, but now that she has so many budding colas it might just be worth all the headache.
I would say that plant has much more than 21 more days to go........
looks to be about 3 weeks into an 8-9 week flower cycle

M

MagikFingers

I would say that plant has much more than 21 more days to go........
looks to be about 3 weeks into an 8-9 week flower cycle

well I am a new beginner, and I only have 125W CFL, no real grow room until day #63, using regular soil(nothing special like coco/clay), and if you read it's not a 8-9 week strain it's a 11-12 week one. And I put it under major stress and I just now cut all the strings since i have my scrog now installed inside a real grow room(only had a light above the plants before in an open room), and the stems are long enough to manipulate and stretch to open holes. But yes she's having to play catch-up. I have never seen any of my plants grow that fast in 3 weeks but I'm still learning how to do this. Ratios of soil/pot/nutz etc.. And I live in France now and they don't allow all the badass nutz like the U.S. has today. I'm really proud of how she has recovered, after all my LST'ing and TOP'ing I have managed around 30 bud points . I have some new pictures since yesterday, she is growing big ever day and night. and I'm running on a 18/6 light schedule.

Day64
Day64 1
Day64 2
Day64 3
Day64 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
M

MagikFingers

I pretty sure my White Widow Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds) went Hermie in the last few days. I just now noticed today, and about 7 green'ish seed shaped pods popped up. It started flowering about Day #38 and now its's on Day #47. Not sure what caused this, because unlike my Amnesia Haze Auto - WWA hasn't seen the extreme stress measures the other did. Only LST, and only about 8 strings. I have some pictures I'll show of the pods. I have heard of "nanners" which I believe means the female can try to pollinate herself. But I don't think that is this, I think it's a classic hermie. I followed the simple guideline set out by this very thread using the formula seraphim outlined for everyone. So I am really confused. I did change it into a real grow room over the last few days, you think that did it? I have removed all the pods with a pair of tweezers and removed it from the room also, and will see what will happen with it outside after I removed all the pods. It's already started it's budding process.

Both
Wwa1
Wwa2
Wwa3
Wisher619

Wisher619

well I am a new beginner, and I only have 125W CFL, no real grow room until day #63, using regular soil(nothing special like coco/clay), and if you read it's not a 8-9 week strain it's a 11-12 week one. And I put it under major stress and I just now cut all the strings since i have my scrog now installed inside a real grow room(only had a light above the plants before in an open room), and the stems are long enough to manipulate and stretch to open holes. But yes she's having to play catch-up. I have never seen any of my plants grow that fast in 3 weeks but I'm still learning how to do this. Ratios of soil/pot/nutz etc.. And I live in France now and they don't allow all the badass nutz like the U.S. has today. I'm really proud of how she has recovered, after all my LST'ing and TOP'ing I have managed around 30 bud points . I have some new pictures since yesterday, she is growing big ever day and night. and I'm running on a 18/6 light schedule.
when they say 11-12 week that is from seed
like I said.....the plant has about 6 more weeks of FLOWERING until done
I dont really liten to or care about anything seed company's claim
once your plant starts to throw pistils....you start the countdown.....just like a photo period plant
and your plant looks like an 8-9 week flowering plant
11-14 week plant total

as for nutrients
nutrients are there to supply building material for photosynthisis
you need intense light and plenty of water.....and the minimal most amount of you 18 elements that you plant can sustain a living on
the more light.....the bigger the buds
less light....tiny buds.....no matter how "badass" you nutrients are
as a matter of fact a 2 part base bloom would be perfect
no additives...
will grow amazing plants

Stashthehash

Stashthehash

Great info. I have recently started to get into autos a little more, due to the ease of the grow for new CO home-growers. There are some really good autos out there!

If you have any info on cloning an auto, I'd like to hear it... :smug:
Do you have one for a canna feeding schedule or plant magic feeding schedule thanks STH

str8smokn

str8smokn

No, just use the Bio Bizz one as a reference.
But if yours says use at 5 ml per gal ,then I would cut it in half and use 2.5-3 ml per gallon of water.
But it's best to mix the veg and bloom from week 4 to week 8 that way they continue growing in hieght.

How much height space you have?

STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

I pretty sure my White Widow Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds) went Hermie in the last few days. I just now noticed today, and about 7 green'ish seed shaped pods popped up. It started flowering about Day #38 and now its's on Day #47. Not sure what caused this, because unlike my Amnesia Haze Auto - WWA hasn't seen the extreme stress measures the other did. Only LST, and only about 8 strings. I have some pictures I'll show of the pods. I have heard of "nanners" which I believe means the female can try to pollinate herself. But I don't think that is this, I think it's a classic hermie. I followed the simple guideline set out by this very thread using the formula seraphim outlined for everyone. So I am really confused. I did change it into a real grow room over the last few days, you think that did it? I have removed all the pods with a pair of tweezers and removed it from the room also, and will see what will happen with it outside after I removed all the pods. It's already started it's budding process.

Get her out of the clear bucket ,she will build stronger roots in the dark!
STR8

Stashthehash

Stashthehash

No, just use the Bio Bizz one as a reference.
But if yours says use at 5 ml per gal ,then I would cut it in half and use 2.5-3 ml per gallon of water.
But it's best to mix the veg and bloom from week 4 to week 8 that way they continue growing in hieght.

How much height space you have?

STR8
Loads of height space lol,but some reason one of my autos has just stopped during the flowering stage,every pistol is still white but it's just not doing anything ,almost like its frozen,leaves look healthy but plant is t changing at all

Zoomzoom

Zoomzoom

Now I have talked about the lifecycle of an auto lets get to how best to grow them

I wont bore you with the simple stuff like germination the only thing I will say on this subject is its best to start them in their final pot as autos don't like to be transplanted, or rather they don't like their roots disturbed.

So lets say you have germinated your seeds and they have broken ground.
The first thing to note is that Autos are very sensitive to nutrients compared to photo period plants. So lets go through the correct way to fertilise them.

Here is a feeding schedule for autos using bio bizz nutrients

View attachment 365805

As you can see for the first 3 weeks there is very little in the way of nutrients, this is because at this age they burn very easily.
The main thing in this time period is root stimulator, as there is a very short veg cycle this helps the roots to get a good foothold and increases the overall growth of the plant.

Once you start to introduce nutrients it is best to start with a quarter of the recommended dose and then slowly increase it to 1/2 - 2/3 of the recommended dosage.
Now I have talked about the lifecycle of an auto lets get to how best to grow them

I wont bore you with the simple stuff like germination the only thing I will say on this subject is its best to start them in their final pot as autos don't like to be transplanted, or rather they don't like their roots disturbed.

So lets say you have germinated your seeds and they have broken ground.
The first thing to note is that Autos are very sensitive to nutrients compared to photo period plants. So lets go through the correct way to fertilise them.

Here is a feeding schedule for autos using bio bizz nutrients

View attachment 365805

As you can see for the first 3 weeks there is very little in the way of nutrients, this is because at this age they burn very easily.
The main thing in this time period is root stimulator, as there is a very short veg cycle this helps the roots to get a good foothold and increases the overall growth of the plant.

Once you start to introduce nutrients it is best to start with a quarter of the recommended dose and then slowly increase it to 1/2 - 2/3 of the recommended dosage.
Im assuming this feeding tutorial is for soil, right?with that being said,how often should I water a 5 gal smartpot using this feeding schedule? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

This reminds me of all the nube questions I just asked a few months ago lol... Damn it was sure good to make it out of preschool :)

Good luck ^^^^^^ These guys will help u if u let them.
Remember there soil and there is hydro. Know which one they are talking about and which one your talking about. Easy to get confused...

str8smokn

str8smokn

Im assuming this feeding tutorial is for soil, right?with that being said,how often should I water a 5 gal smartpot using this feeding schedule? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

I would say about 2Xs a week once they get going.
Depending how much you saturate the soil,and air movement in room.
STR8

Zoomzoom

Zoomzoom

I've hea
It just seems crazy to me to think they only have 40 days left and it is supposed to produce harvestable buds by then,,,, esp when I barely even see hairs much less anywhere for them to grow lol...
Ya midwest done got me on the right track. I am much more confident in myself with feeding and how to treat coco.... If I knew then just the little I have learned we would be looking at different plants now I believe.

It is just a regular auto. It has had a growth spurt the last few days... So I am hopeful. Maybe I should of went with something like fast and vast auto for size and yield...
I've heard some pretty great thing s from auto mega bud....the name says it all! From what I can remember, it's great for gOrillia grows and is tolerant to over/under watering and best of all has a huge havest. I realy recommend it unless ur trying to keep it small cause its a big girl
Happy growing✌

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well I am kinda off that schedule. Hell I am around 25 days and just now started feeding aggressive veg nutes at about 400 ppm. They are only about 6 inches tall. They don't look like they are gonna even get a foot tall! As you can see I have gently moved leaves out of the way to at least get some branching... I hope I am taking the right approach and not stressing the plant out too much. Other than it is short as hell, it looks awesome... These 3 plants I was hoping for at least 120g but I am having my doubts being only 6 inches tall and only 5 more weeks to go, and this is the best one by far... I know I will be using that t5 next time all the way up to week 4.. Using that mh for 4 plants was serious overkill imo....Hell they might have even stretched out a bit with the t5 and been taller!
Honestly just let them grow, and pull the branches out to give it a bowl effect yields the best imo as I tried different training and found it to be the best. 156 grams dried on 1 auto. First grow...

PlatinumTom

PlatinumTom

Hi all!!
Thanks to all for a very informative thread. I'm on page 30 right now.

I'm growing northern light fem auto (crop kings) single plant in 5 gal pot using 3M soil.
http://www.jfmmm.com/
Light 18/6 under 300W+150W platinum led panels.
Tap ph'd water

First day above ground- August 14.
Since soil is preloaded minor burns were present but did not affected growing tempo. No extra feeding.
At week 6 minor nute deficiencie along main cola was fixed with biobizz bloom and grow lines.

I don't see it finishing in 8-9 weeks. More like 10-11. What do you think?

Looking solid @BentoBox. Killer work!

A

Arthur Joint

ive never grew before but I've been looking to start for quite a while now but After hours upon hours of research I never know weather it's worth the money. Theres that many opinions out there I can't decide weather to acquire equipment because I already have a 600w HPS light, bio bizz coco and pots and a pH stick but there's no information on weather I can use different brand name nutrients. For Example could I use the fox farm nutrients in bio bizz coco? I live in the U.K. So I can't really just experiment whenever in the garden because it's always freeeezin. I've decided I'm going to start off with autoflowers because of the advantages of not having to change light cycles and shorter time but I heard the other day that I shouldn't feed the plant nutrients for the first 2-3 weeks and now I'm becoming anxious about fucking it up.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

!!Warning!! (personal opinion) Dont do auto flower for your first grow if you can help it.

As for your question I see absolutely no reason why you can not just use what you have. Try to remember Yes we do put alot of skill and science into our girls..... but in the end
[they are just weeds]
They thrive on light and water as long as you take care of them properly they are happy.
Also be prepared for failing "ALOT" we all do it is just a part of horticultural education. GLHF

Top Bottom