Active Carbon for Aquariums

• Thread starter CaliTruf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CaliTruf

Hi Farmers:rauch08:

I'm trying to refill with new active carbon the filter i have used. Opening it i've founded the pellet and the reserch started....:anim_44:
Ifounded many types of pellet some activated with fisical procedures and others with chemical ones; some to clean air from "nox" or from "mercury" etc and finally i founded the ones for "odours"; some suitable for aquatic application and someother for aerial.
But at a certain point came out also the pellet for aquariums' filters:icon_dizzy:.

So the questions:
-What's the difference between the aquatic carbon and the aerial one? (if there is one)
-Can i use the active carbon for the aquariums?
-What's the best diameter for the pellet 3 or 4 millimeters?

D

donedolla

FWIW i buy mine at walmart. in comes in a 4 0z container for under $3 i believe. its a aquatic carbon i believe.

C

CaliTruf

Thx donedolla but i'm not so lucky or from another point of view i'm very lucky because i'm living in Europe in a place without walmart or some big store full of everything....so i have to find every part of my growroom in a different shop and this time i've found those active carbon from a aquarium store.
Now i'll try to use it and if it works i'll share a report...

Ghostwolf

Ghostwolf

I've had this question for a while, and figured that would, thanks for confirming that.

Top Bottom