Additive recipes

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

I decided that this area is probably more suited to recipes for popular nutes and additives we use.

MOAB 1-52-34 (1kg dry powder)

908.19 grams of Mono-potassium phosphate 0-52-34
90.81 grams of Mono-ammonium phosphate 11-52-34
1.0 gram of Thiamine Hydochloride (Vitamin B1)

Directions on package say....To help induce flowering add 1 teaspon per 5 gallons of nutrient solution the first week of flowering. Add 1-2 teaspoons per 5 gallons of nutrient solution during the last week or two of flowering.
Regular nutrient strength may need to be reduced by as much as 50% when using MOAB, overfeeding may burn plants.

budboy299

budboy299

Hammerhead PK9/18 1L of solution

MonoPotassium Phosphate (0-52-34) 78.2gram
Sulphate of Potash (0-0-50) 91.8grams
Distilled Water 830 grams

directions on bottle say...use one week after the start of the bloom cycle and continue using till one week before harvest

budboy299

budboy299

CalMag Plus (1 quart or 960ml)

Magnesium Nitrate (11-0-0) 16% Mg 72 grams
Calcium Nitrate (15.5-0-0) 72 grams
Distilled water enough to fill the solution to the 960ml point
(I say this because I do not know which Iron
chelate you will use.)

One of the following

7% Iron DTPA (one form of iron chelate) 13.7 grams
13% Iron EDTA (another form of iron chelate) 7.3 grams

label says....soil gardens 5ml to 4L water
hydro 10ml to 4L water

interesting point is that "In hydroponics, iron falls out of the solution relatively fast due to the use of magnetic driven pumps without grounding probes and high levels of dissolved ozygen from air stones and pumps."

I noticed this in my rez with aqua flakes. If I run airstones it goes from fairly dark brown (which is the iron) to light brown within a couple days.
If I take out the airstones...it stays the same dark brownish color all week. Not sure if this affects much but it is interesting none the less.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

h&g site says that you shouldn't aerate...now we know why :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That doesn't make sense, that airstones could cause iron to precipitate out. Sure, mag drive pump impellers can pull out iron, but an airstone?

I missed this thread. Read the M**B thread, but missed this one.

Budboy, you're kickin' ass and takin' names and I've become a benefactor of yours, so thanks is in order. THANKS! :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
great info!

I agree with SM its odd that an air stone would affect aqua flakes, isnt that what everybody is running in their UC's?

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I also noticed the change in color but the plants dnt show any signs of deficiancy.

Top Bottom