ADVANCED NUTRIENTS do I think there worth it?

• Thread starter grinkeeper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grinkeeper

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS do I think there worth it?
ADVANCED NUTRIENTS do I think there worth it? read on

I hate to report on anything unless its honestly done. so positive or negative this is what I have found .

here is a bit of my experience with advanced nutrients products.
Did they work, yes did they work as good as what they state in there ads NO. they basically made claims like they could double your yields. This was not my experience's anyway and I did 3 complete crops with there full product line and company resources nutrients calculator and help line keeping it at its highest level. They told me that they were getting almost 3 lbs off of 25 plants , vegged for 3 weeks with a 1000wats hps.....I had a great grow room ,climate controlled with CO2 injection and a light mover. a very nice setup that was proven over a long period of time producing more than most gardens .. There was no pest problem or mildew issues and I was using 5gallon square containers for each plant and I was vegging for double and more of the time advanced suggested.. I was using a strain which was and excellent yielder and great tricombe production , a proven producing winner which I had been growing for a long time. The plants were started from clone so I didn't change anything but the incredible nutrients program A.N. sells and promos .

I was heavily involved with advanced nutrients and had a grouping of about 24 different bottles and powders boosters and magic...I was directly involved with the full resources of there professionals at the company on a weekly basis. I had over a $1000 worth of products . I had the full program and didn't leave anything out. any possible problems I called and made sure it was going to benefit my plants.. I was hooked and loved it. Honestly do I think there stuff has the most research YES. do I think they have done lots of advertising YES. does everything they say make sense YES. and yes yes yes and yes...But here is the biggest question you should ask me or anyone else who honestly wants to answer this question.
HOW MUCH DID IT IMPROVE MY YIELD?
HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU ?

WELL MY INCREASE WAS ABOUT 20% . and that was from an average of 3 crops, some less some more but 20% is about right. compared to the yields I was getting from a very basic 2 part grow 2 part bloom nutrient which cost less than a tenth of A.N. total package..

The increase in yield was not worth the extra cost in my humble opinion. to spend huge money to increase that much was not worth it.....did it increase resin and bud size yes but again not by an amount that was very noticeable. potency is relative to me. sure when you have stronger meds you need less but when your talking about 7 hits off a joint versus 8 hits does it make that big a difference... anyone that has any questions on advanced nutrients please ask me I will tell you my experiences.. and I have to say there is some incredible products for sure and many I still use but there products are not the be all and end all of cannabis production... marketing really does work even on pot heads is all I have to say... as I have found many other products that work just as good...

here is some of the stuff I still use from A.N.

B52
BUDBLOOD
BIGBUD
OVERDRIVE
V.H.O.
GENIUS OIL
BUG AWAY
VOODOO JUICE
PIRAHNA

NOw these some of these are rather price like the voodoo and pirahna at almosty $100 but its powder form and goes a long way... great for clones to root by the way...

as for the whole line 2+ program. its not necessary and many products can be dropped out or replaced my other brands for sure. I know I have seen results but nothing like what they claim, and as for other brands there are so many , an indistry insider told me he has used everything including the full advanced nutrients line and now believes that canna nutrients are even better and the industry leader for results.. if any one has see on youtube the advanced nutrients showdown nutrients contest compare what ever they call it. well its sort of strange that advanced nutrients didnt use CANNA nutrients in the test????? and come on how can you believe in a test done by the company that wins, talk about bias...

I would love to hear about other peoples favorite nutrients and there experiences.. currently I am using a house brand 2 part nutrients called OPTIMUM from quebec canada .. its very good and about 25% of the cost of advanced nutrients.. for the price of 1litre pair of advanced I get 4litres of optimum and the dilutions is about the same....hope to hear more from everyone here. as I am new to this group...

Hanging buds
Train20
Flowers
Image 38
Advanced nutrients do i think there worth it 5
Image 50
B

British_Hempire

Nice buds. I think Canna Coco A+B is fantastic, and a friend who uses the Canna Terra says the same about that, fantastic yields, great taste, just fabulous stuff. I tried An Monkey Juice instead of the Canna Coco and I got smaller yields and I have to say, the AN stuff is less concentrated so a bottle doesn't go as far. I'm sticking to Canna and won't be using AN again. I don't like AN's Carboload either, simple Blackstrap molasses works better! I didn't like their Hammerhead either, seemed to need to use a lto of it to get the required ec so it didn't last long.

I think the problem with AN is that everything is in separate bottles so to get all the goodies your plants need you gotta buy loads of bottles, whereas with Canna you just need the A+B and PK13-14 to get great results. Oh, and you need a PHD to be able to understand AN's product line! lol

B

bluegrass

great thread! I am one of the curious ones who always wanted to try it, but now, maybe not. Ill stick to the floranova line...peace...and thanks..and much respect

R

Resinator

Nice, I just bought a bunch of A N nutes for hydro. this is my forst grow

Micro, Grow, Bloom
Bud Blood
Big Bud
VHO
Bloom Booster pro
Nirvanah

I didnt buy the Fulvic or Humic acid products, Do you think they are worthwile to add to my regiment?

D

doubleds

advanced

I have to say that i love advanced nutrients line up ! I do not beleive that you need the whole 2 plus but most of there line up is fantastic. It took me about a year to get my garden dialed in with these nutes but once i did the rsults were amazing. I went from 3 pounds to 4.5, it didnt double but an extra 1.5 pounds was real nice. I have grown for over 20 years and havnt found anything i like better. I did a side by side test, same lighting, same co2, same ppm and same strain and the canna was alot leafier than the an. I am in dwc now and i use the sensi bloom, bud blood, big bud and overdrive. For foliars i use collossal bud blast and fulvic w a little seaweeed and nutes mixed in. As far as i am concerned there

budblood
bigbud
overdrive
colloassal bud blast
seaweed are the best products on the market in there distinct uses.

btw, canna is way more expensive than an

B

British_Hempire

I don't agree canna is more expensive as you have to buy far less bottles of stuff. I don;t understand why your stuff was leafier with canna. They don't do separate veg and bloom for coco and so you need to add Pk13-14 to turn it into a flower nute, but that's all you need - A+B and Pk. Canna Boost is great, but expensive and although it does add bulk and yield, especially in the lower buds, it's not worth it imho.

D

drpressure600

about powder 4 clones

hi, could someone please tell me what they would like best 4 rooting clones, what product is best, i'm using clonex but would opinions please 'thanks'. .

F

FastForward

You guys read my mind - I've just been reading over the AN website trying to work out if their products are worth a go. Totally agree with what BH says...the product line up is confusing and you need a PhD to work out what is what in between the big promises and money back guarantees. I'd really like AN to make a smaller bottle of Voodoo Juice so that I could try it out but there's no way on earth I'm paying 40 quid for a litre of anything without trying it first.

Is it true that AN nutes are just GH relabelled?

D

doubleds

Hi Fastforward

They do make small bottles of voodoo, they are available at my shop. I dont use it though, only if i was a soil grower or coco !!

Hi BH

The canna aqua is so expensive that when i changed my res for flowering (400 gallons) it would have cost me 165$ for nutes not including any flowering enhancers, i was all in at 122$ including bud blood with advanced !!

B

British_Hempire

Ah, that is more expensive for you then, for me, it's cheaper because I just have to pay 12 quid for the coco a+b and about the same for the PK, call it 50 dollars for argument's sake.

Monkey Juice and Hammerhead would cost about 50 bucks too in the1 litre sizes, but with AN I would need to add seaweed extract humic acid, fulvic acid and cal-mag (Canna has all 4 of those already in it's coco nutes) which is four more bottles so for me, An is 3X as expensive as Canna.

The too leafy thing is probably too much N, never seen it with Canna nutes though.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
AN is likely cheaper BH as he is in Canada, and would have to get Canna Imported.

This is why AN is really expensive our side, we have to import from states. £450 for a run was a joke. Also the taste was lacking.

IMO, H&G rocks. I am not a fan of Canna, I don't know why.

But there are some AN addi i like

Emeral Shaman
Carboload
H2
F1
BigBud
Piranha and Tarrantula
The MET makes a really nice nute on its own, dam tastey but pricy at those app rates.

D

doubleds

collossal

Hi Herbie and BH

If you havnt tried the collossal bud blast foliar boys your missing out !! I am telling you this is the best foliar out there bar none. Use it the last 2 weeks of veg and the first 2 weeks of flower..... what a difference, fan leaves twice as big as a plant that doesnt get the spray !!
Highly reccomend the bud blood for anything but soil, works awesome in hydro and coco, my g13 doesnt start showing large pistil development until the 18 - 21 st day but with bud blood its the 9th day !!

B

British_Hempire

Thanks for the tips, but for me, the economics simply do not make sense. For foliar feeding I use seaweed extract I buy locally in bulk - 5 litres for 6ukp, just as good as Maxicrop or any other seaweed extract and made locally from our local seaweed. Flowering I only use five things - Canna A+B, seaweed, blackstrap molasses, liquid worm humus and PK13-14, I get good yields.

Now, the Colossal bud blast may be good stuff, same with the Bud blood, but the benefits simply aren't worth the cost for me, being unemployed due to family problems, I have zero cash to spare to buy things for my grow so everything has to be cheap yet effective. With my current flowering nute regime I get over 200g off a 250watter, if I added several bottles of fancy additives and crap to the mix I may get that up over 250g, but it would not be worth it, I would be paying out a load of cash I can't afford for a small increase in yield and a slightly faster harvest.

If I did have money to invest in my grow it would go elsewhere than fancy bottles - an ac unit, dehumidifier, wilma dripper system, new mylar to replace the tatty old stuff, new larger square pots, all would be on the list before a bottle of anything.

I can't afford to buy rapid rooters, clonex or rhizotonic so cloning is a nightmare, but I manage. I can't afford nutes apart from the essentials - seaweed, Canna A+B and PK so I do the best I can with those, I've developed a technique to make my nutes last 3 times as long - I collect the runoff, ph adjust it, ad a little water to take it back down to ec1.8, add a splash of molasses and seaweed and re-use it for the next 2 days, so I only give fresh nutes twice a week, Sundays I give plain water to avoid salt buildup. I can't even afford to buy coco as it's a 50 mile drive to the nearest hydro store and that would cost twice the price of the coco in petrol so I have to use cheap brick coco from the local garden centre which is a PITA cos I have to flush the fuck out of it before use.

I fully agree that all these fancy bottles have a point, and if you have plenty of disposable income, buy em and use em to make your plants nicer, but to the grower on a tight budget, the AN line makes zero sense. The Canna line is very cost effective for me, which is why I use it, if there were anything else cheaper that did the job as well, I would use that instead. I've grown great plants with the cheap organic fert I can get locally in bulk, using liquid bat guano and chicken manure for P and K, liquid worm humus for the humic and fulvic and seaweed extract, but the yield is approx 25% lower than I get from the same cuts with Canna.

I'll give ya an example, if one of the AN bud boosters costs 15ukp a bottle, it would need to add more than 50% to my yield to be worth the expense to me, and like I say, if I had 15ukp to spend on my grow, it would be spent on rapid rooters and clonex.

One day I might end up having the cash to buy all the latest kit and fancy bottles, but you know, I really doubt it will improve my growing all that much.

D

doubleds

dude

Dude, send me your addy via pm and i am going to send you some gear bro, i'll send you enough budblood and collosall to get you through the next 2 years m8.

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

BH I have disposable income. I still prefure to use what I started with; Canna and House&Garden.On soil I use Canna flores for veg with some root juice till the second week of flower than Canna Flower. Than rather than using the expensive Booster from Canna I use Top Booster and Bud XL from H&G. I did try the booster from canna 2 times but just found it was more expensive, no other difference really. Hydro I use Rapid grow A-B and pk 1314 and Bud xl from H&G. I use supplement when I see fit, but this is the basis.

Ultimatley I dont really believe in more expensive nutes coz the more expensive the nutes are, the better graphics are on the bottle and the more creative the name is:laugh:

In the end, with using all that this and somthing else, were all still talking about gettin' 1gram per 1watt. When I put time love and sweat in a room it allways does better than one I run into and run out 30 minutes later. That said you have to have a good climate for them coz no expensive nutes can help you than either

B

British_Hempire

Dude, send me your addy via pm and i am going to send you some gear bro, i'll send you enough budblood and collosall to get you through the next 2 years m8.

Man, that's a wonderfully kind and generous offer, I insist on sending you loads of seeds in return!

I re-read my post and it makes me sound miserable, I assure everyone I'm not!

Cheap brick coco and a 2l soda bottle with the top cut off plus maxicrop, canna coco a+b and atami PK13-14 grew this PA and produced 32g, I'm keen to see what the PA can do when fed some additives.

http://i105.invalid.com/albums/m213/big_buddha_photos/Purple%20Afghan/6th-October-2007-Harvest-4/DSCF0021.jpg

V

vindiesel

BH nice buds! when and how do u use the molasses? i'm about to makes switch over from promix and plan to use use cana coco, A and B, PK 13 14 and maybe cal mag if needed. may try superthrive alittle. also molasses but not sure how to use...
coco seems like a dream. i hope it turns out that way for me...gonna start a few clones and see...:surprised

M

Mr Green

really good thread.. thought of buying an AN and think that i will use my money on something else.. really enjoyed reading everyones findings.. thanks for the info

Latest posts

Top Bottom