Advanced Nutrients Vs Fox Farms Nutrients

• Thread starter Dabz4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dabz4me

Is there anyone who has used both and has an opinion. Or someone who suggests one or the other or other nute lines? Please as much info as possible. Im trying to decide which to use during flower

grayarea

grayarea

depends what you're spending limit is and what you're end goal is.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I use the full fox farm line my buddy uses advanced and we both end up with the same results but I pay much less and seem to have less headache tuning it all in. I also use sweet raw on top of it. Hope this helps in your decision.

grayarea

grayarea

fox farm does not make a grow micro bloom. so if you compare the options they will loose because of that type of stuff.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

fox farm does not make a grow micro bloom. so if you compare the options they will loose because of that type of stuff.
Fox farms big bloom is their micro in the three part base nutes. I know it causes a bit of confusion in the regards to the name of it but it is the micro. Unless I'm understanding your reply wrong? They have the base three grow, micro, and bloom then the bush Doctor series for microbes and beneficial bacteria and the soluble trio for flower boost

grayarea

grayarea

no i mean like the full synthetic stuff. not the organic.

D

Dabz4me

Thats the thing ive heard too is the difference between the organic and synthetic stuff but i dont plan on using the full line of either one which ever i choose i just hear so much different stuff and this being my first time im just wondering really which way is more cost effective and produces the best scenario

D

DG Alex

Fox farms big bloom is their micro in the three part base nutes. I know it causes a bit of confusion in the regards to the name of it but it is the micro. Unless I'm understanding your reply wrong? They have the base three grow, micro, and bloom then the bush Doctor series for microbes and beneficial bacteria and the soluble trio for flower boost
Why complicate your life with three parts. Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro, GROW and BLOOM EACH have 100% of the macro's and micro's you need. The best program is Foliage-Pro for vegetative growth, and then switch to BLOOM for flowering.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Why complicate your life with three parts. Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro, GROW and BLOOM EACH have 100% of the macro's and micro's you need. The best program is Foliage-Pro for vegetative growth, and then switch to BLOOM for flowering.
Well when I started using fox farm my harvests just started getting egged and better and when I finally tuned everything in I wouldn't have believed I grew it even if I popped out of a time machine and showed myself and I'm just one of those guys who doesn't change things that have worked. Same reason I've gotten my hair cut by the same chick for the past five years except for when I was in jail. I'll def look into it though I plan on building a small aero Rubbermaid to be able to test stuff out without it effecting the big picture like the house and garden top shooter I impulsively bought them started thinking maybe adding the new flower growth might not be worth the weight if it's not going to be ripe

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Grow Big Hydro where the best veg nutes I have ever run on tables period. IDK why but the plants loved it.

D

DG Alex

Grow Big Hydro where the best veg nutes I have ever run on tables period. IDK why but the plants loved it.
That's great! Where did you get the calcium, cobalt and zinc that are missing from their micros? The cost was a bit more at double the 1 tsp/G Foliage-Pro application rate, and not even going to the 3 tsp recommendation on their label.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
That's great! Where did you get the calcium, cobalt and zinc that are missing from their micros? The cost was a bit more at double the 1 tsp/G Foliage-Pro application rate, and not even going to the 3 tsp recommendation on their label.

Calcium and Zinc are in Grow Big Hydroponic. I was using it strait up with no problems. No Big Bloom (fuck that shit in hydro). Cost wasn't that big of a deal. I have no idea what the recommend dosage is cause I never follow that on bottles anyways. I've never really liked their Grow Big for soil or the flower nutes. The hydro veg nutes, like I said, are the shit.

The thing is nutes are nutes. It's how you use them vs cost. Any of them are good. Advanced, FF, Botanicare, Cutting Edge, H&G, GH, Hydroponic Research, Biobizz, Earth Juice, Mills, Alaskan fish ferts ect.

Last edited:
D

DG Alex

Calcium and Zinc are in Grow Big Hydroponic. I was using it strait up with no problems. No Big Bloom (fuck that shit in hydro). Cost wasn't that big of a deal. I have no idea what the recommend dosage is cause I never follow that on bottles anyways. I've never really liked their Grow Big for soil or the flower nutes. The hydro veg nutes, like I said, are the shit.

The thing is nutes are nutes. It's how you use them vs cost. Any of them are good. Advanced, FF, Botanicare, Cutting Edge, H&G, GH, Hydroponic Research, Biobizz, Earth Juice, Mills, Alaskan fish ferts ect.

hi cemchris,
The Foxfarm msds for Grow Big doesn't show calcium as an ingredient and cannabis needs quite a bit. The Dyna-Gro base nutes have calcium in one formulation. That is what sets DG apart from the others.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
hi cemchris,
The Foxfarm msds for Grow Big doesn't show calcium as an ingredient and cannabis needs quite a bit. The Dyna-Gro base nutes have calcium in one formulation. That is what sets DG apart from the others.

Weird huh? Set it apart? You do know almost all base nutes has Ca in them. I get you are all about the dyno gro but veg nutes are pretty solid from almost all companies.

Grow Big
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
there's a better shot. Also just a heads up. MSDS don't have to list all the ingredents in the product just what might be considered hazardous. Not the best thing to go off of.

Grow Big
D

DG Alex

Weird huh? Set it apart? You do know almost all base nutes has Ca in them. I get you are all about the dyno gro but veg nutes are pretty solid from almost all companies.
Most have two or three parts because it is very hard to put all 16 nutrients in one formulation. I looked up FF Big Grow MSDS since I didn't have a label handy, and it didn't list it. Their rate for a heavy feeder is still is 3X ours.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I ran the ff line next to the an sensi a&b in Dwc buckets and the an had far better growth rates. Like grayarea said it is comparing organic to synthetic. I've never ran an's organic program that might be more of a comparison to the ff program. I still think ff makes good products.

ken dog

ken dog

If you want to learn, go with the company that has the most bottles... You will learn when to use them, how to use them, and why you are using them... after you understand what is going on, then you are off on your own.

I hope you have an RO machine... If you don't, there's no reason to worry about calcium anyway, because it's already in your tap water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom