Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Advice Needed For Medium/large Scale Extraction

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by Goyo, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Goyo

Goyo

I’m an investor who has been meeting with prospective partners who are Northern California growers/ producers. The plan is to startup a wholesale extraction business to produce oil and clear distillates. I attended the MMJBizCon conference in November and have been studying cannabis processing equipment for several months but otherwise I’m a novice.

I would like to get some feedback on our plan and get some equipment recommendations from someone who has experience extracting 50-100# or more of trim per day. My prospective partners are recommending an ethanol based system for extraction and a chromatography machine for distillates and isolates.

If there is someone on the forum who would be willing to chat with me about this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2. im in the extraction game here in sacramento california and i currently operate a systems that does 4 pounds per using a supercritical co2 extractor. but i've been in the extraction business for almost a decade and hav worked with many different technologies and system size. i would be happy to answer any questions u hav

Buzzer777 likes this.
  3. For those quantities, I would suggest a subzero (>-50C) ethanol process. For comparing the different purification processes and equipment, I suggest talking to joeoakes@oregonmedicalgrowers.com.

4. Goyo

Goyo

Thanks Graywolf, I will reach out to Joe.

Progeny, I will send you a private msg.

Graywolf and Dunge like this.
  5. Dunge

Dunge

Please keep the conversation going here.
    I like the idea of ethanol extraction as the purging of small amounts of residual solvent is probably not as great a concern as more toxic substances.
    But -50C is challenging, even in Fairbanks.

6. at that scale there are a ton of things u can do lik combining co2 and ethanol. co2 expanded ethanol or using ethanol as a cosolvent for supercritical co2 system. how u will be doin postproccesing is more important in this context then how the initial extraction was done.

str8smokn likes this.
  7. -50C typically uses dry ice or LN2.

8. akFire

akFire

I just purchased an Ethos 4 from Capna Fabrications. It processes 6.5lbs every 30min, it was pretty amazing so I had to fly down to LA from AK to check it out in person. They had their Ethos 6 at the MJbiz. They are on to something my friend.

Buzzer777 likes this.
  9. akFire

akFire

That or if you want CO2, the guys at Azoth Solutions have you take care of. They can process 100lbs every couple hours in their big LA125.

10. I would love to hear more about how the Ethos4 has been working for you.

I am also looking at investing in an extraction lab and would love some information from those who have employed this set up and the lab experience overall.

Thank you.

11. ammon

ammon

Hey AK - Any word on the Ethos 4 you can share? Have you been happy with the system?

12. Haygood

Haygood

How is the Ethos -4 system working for you?