Advice On Curing/storage Humidity

• Thread starter Weedizgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weedizgreen

Hi all.

This is my first real post on this forum minus my introduction. Hopefully this is in the right section.

So I'm looking for advice or feedback on a bizzare problem I'm having storing my bud.

I don't grow, I buy my medicine from a reputable dispensary in Toronto Ontario Canada.

I usually buy half an ounce of weed. I have both the CVault stainless steel storage container with space for a boveda pack, as well as a 420 science jar.

Both have the 62% Boveda packs in them.

The problem I'm having is after a few weeks my buds are extremely dry and brittle feeling.

When I break the nugs they are no longer sticky. They are definitely pungent but they just seem way too dry.

I live in downtown Toronto Ontario Canada where our weather is currently up and down. One minute it's hot next minute is damp from excess rain that is so bad it has caused flooding in certain parts of Toronto.

I must admit I'm still kinda new to proper storage or cure or whatever you call it but I know I'm storing it correctly away from direct sunlight and from electronics that give off excess heat.

I just bought online a few 65% boveda packs to see if they work as I've tried 72% and it's way too moist.

I always check my boveda packs every few months and they are still working ie not stiff.

Anyone else experience this problem? Is 65% the maximum amount to use or will it lead to mold?

Any advice appreciated! :)

W

Weedizgreen

Yeah I smoke almost every day so I guess opening it too much is not helping :)

W

WeedBurger

Hey - very weird - I just posted the exact same thread - and im also using the 62% packs, and yeah - it makes it WAY too dry in the jars. And its not because youre opening it too much. I really believe 62% is too dry. But I also don't need to be inhaling mold ..... so I am really confused. I ended up buying 69% packs thinking that might work and they do seem to be getting softer again. At 62% they are just crusty dry and i was really pissed because I spent a lot of money, and need these to last a long time in storage.

Top Bottom