Advice On My Led/autoflower Grow

• Thread starter GreenGobblin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenGobblin

Hey im new to this forum and looking for advice on this setup. im going to list every piece because i cant upload photos at the moment. This is what I have so far:

Tent: Mars Hydro 2x4x6

Light(s):Viparspectra R900

6ft 4R:1B full spectrum led strip
5metre colour changing LED with remote (this is more novelty but i thought maybe using it for flowering in the reds may help.) This strip is 2 channel white/colour...Opinions?

Fans and exhaust: hon&guan 4" mixed flow (170cfm I think)
Fan speed controller
Carbon filter
6" clip on metal fan for air movement
4"x25ft duct (to be cut)

Other: 2 digital appliance timers
Trellis netting and lst wire
Wal-Mart fabric bags as pots?

I'm probably forgetting stuff but ill add later. The plan is to grow autos in the 2x4 and scrog them down, and flower them either all at once or as a cycle but im not sure what would work best. Looking in lighting advice I read it' good to have lights in the under canopy like 1/3 down to 2/3 down the plant is this true? Is this going to be overkill?

I plan on getting a 4x4 to add and possibly use the viparspectra PLUS 2 2foot t5 style fluorescents in the 2x4 but that' for later.

For now advice on this 2x4 is greatly appreciated I want to maximize yield and potency.

This is first REAL grow. I'm planning on doing soil I have Canna Terra veg and Advanced nutrients BigBud* bloom booster as I'm doing autos I heard I should use 1/4-1/8 of the bloom or it could be too much but i need advice on the Canna as well for autos.
I plan on mixing a good soil up and putting coco and perlite, and 3" of sand for gnats because they piss me off

I have a variety of autos to run. My biggest worry is overkill of light. Shouldn't be more than 700 watts of actual light draw..

Ideas?

G

GreenGobblin

I have the 2ft t5s but nothing to hang them by unless there's a super cheap kit or I would put 1 in the tent too

scubascrog

scubascrog

Make sure you LST that auto carefully. any stress will send it into flower so no topping for your scrog and you will end up with an 8th nug :) Just pay attention to the plant it will tell you what it needs. that led is going to be bright for the 2x4 IMO 350W of LENSED LED will burn your plants if its not at least 1.5-2 feet above.so you will need to dim it for sure. but see how much they like.

scubascrog

scubascrog

If you havet bought the vipar yet I would look into a DIY cob kit. I got 10 (500W actaul draw) for 700 shipped from china on alibaba. lookup kingbright led. they have small kits up to 6 cobx

scubascrog

scubascrog

I own a blurple lensed led and its really good for spectrum but the cobs are so much more efficient.

G

GreenGobblin

I bought the viparspectra (440est draw) around Xmas and when I get a second tent around summertime I'm thinking COB. I set it up and turned it on and she's bright as hell in there but it doesn' seem like way too much, I plan on mire or less spreading them out not doing a real scrog job. Maybe just lst with wire in tomato cages to maximize penetration. The real challenge is how many can I do in a 2x4 and still maximize yield per auto

G

GreenGobblin

I'm thinking of doing the first grow as a trial with nute ratios in half the plants in case they turn out burnt

G

GreenGobblin

Everything I listed above has been bought and is more or less waiting to be used in also curious if someone who has owned a viparspectra 900 can tell me if just 1 or 2 of them will increase my hydro bill significantly, like noticeably. Not worried about the company more or less will I need to start paying more rent

G

GreenGobblin

This is my goal for a year or two:

2x4 for autos

4x4 for flowering photos

2x3 3 stage tent for mother and auto veg

But that' a dream.. for now I have this overkill Led 2x4

Edit: this 2x4 was a dream just a while back though so.. just a matter of time gotta get it all going. I'm going to upload a pic of it all set up soon, looking for a Par meter

G

GreenGobblin

Are you saying that if I stress the auto out by topping I stead of just LST that it will cause it to be a little lollipop with only 7g? Lol

Make sure you LST that auto carefully. any stress will send it into flower so no topping for your scrog and you will end up with an 8th nug :) Just pay attention to the plant it will tell you what it needs. that led is going to be bright for the 2x4 IMO 350W of LENSED LED will burn your plants if its not at least 1.5-2 feet above.so you will need to dim it for sure. but see how much they like.

scubascrog

scubascrog

exactly! Scrog training mainly for regular photoperiods because it includes bending, supercropping, and pruning. you cannot prune Autoflowers, Well you can. but it will devastate your yield.

G

GreenGobblin

exactly! Scrog training mainly for regular photoperiods because it includes bending, supercropping, and pruning. you cannot prune Autoflowers
I mostly plan to just gently pull branches out in the first couple weeks of veg just so thay when tops start forming there aren't too many shaded in. It sucks being so hard into wanting to scrog but im only doing autos til I get the 4x4. That way I can start pulling real weight per seed

G

GreenGobblin

Yeah 2 plants seems like a good start

I guess auto strain matters too but they'e not dwarfed strains like lowryders I got
Auto train wreck
Auto candy cane
Auto northern lights
Auto OG kush
Auto lemon Haze

I kind of want to cram 3 in a staggered cycle but i cant decide yet

scubascrog

scubascrog

yeah Honestly i did one run of autos and it was okay. I dont like not knowing when exactly they are gonna finish. i did DWC with soil so I was ALL OVER THE PLACE didnt do so well. but i let them do their thing straight up, I was running dinafem xxls tho so they got literally 4 ft tall, got a pound.

Yes
scubascrog

scubascrog

I wouldnt run the haze till you have more headroom they get talllll

G

GreenGobblin

yeah Honestly i did one run of autos and it was okay. I dont like not knowing when exactly they are gonna finish. i did DWC with soil so I was ALL OVER THE PLACE didnt do so well. but i let them do their thing straight up, I was running dinafem xxls tho so they got literally 4 ft tall, got a pound.

The OG and lemon are a5 dinafem and the rest are Crop king.
I have a pack
I wouldnt run the haze till you have more headroom they get talllll
Even the auto ones?

G

GreenGobblin

Damn they did get pretty big. I'm curious to see what potency levels these autos have compared to their genetic parent

Last edited:
dan1989

dan1989

Fabric pots will do fine but if you're planning to do LST then I would personally go with plastic pots with a lip on top. Gives you something to tie to with your garden wire. Fan speed controllers are good, but you may very well find that your fan will make a horrible screeching noise as the motor struggles to turn because of the decreased voltage passing through it. If you haven't got a ph meter, get one. You will need it, and think of it as an investment rather than an expense; don't buy a cheap one. If it's red or yellow and reasonably priced then move on. You can get by without but I've found an EC meter to be invaluable. If you have hard water you will never be able to accurately apply nutrients to your water. You mentioned you want maximum potency and yield, so I'm wondering why you're not just growing in straight coco/perlite? They're autos, and you're gonna LST them, they will grow faster in coco, more branches :)

Edit: welcome to the farm!

Latest posts

Top Bottom